Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (kent_fowlie)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-02-2003, 7:23 AM Reply   
I have a 1993 20' Sea Ray Bowrider. This year I want to invest in a tower and am having a hard time deciding. I've been looking at the following towers: Roswell Area 51 Base tower, Ichor, Proflight Swoop or Fold Forward, and Tower Works Fabrication (If they make one for my boat).

I need to know whether there are any other recommendations. I need something that looks good and is collapsible because our boat stays in a boat lift.

I did shake a Roswell Tower and it seemed to have a lot of play but I was told that was normal for collapsible towers. If I can't find a tower I may go for a Whirly Bar, so any advice on that is helpful too.

Thanks
Old    pans210            03-02-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
if money isnt a problem check out boss towers.
Old     (taylor)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2003, 4:04 AM Reply   
Check out this tower, www.MonsterTower.com, I know the guy developing this tower and saw the first production tower a few weeks ago. This thing is sweet, and lives up to it's name. I'm planning on installing on my '95 Maristar this spring. In my opinion, this tower is nicer than most of the towers twice the price. Drop me an e-mail if you want more info.
Old     (ocrider)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-04-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
Kent,

I know the guy that makes the Tower Works Fabrication towers, and I actually have one. It is the most stable tower I have seen. I love it. The only problem is that since you aren't local to Los Angeles, I don't know if Brian will be able to make you a tower.

I would suggest giving him a call and see what he can do for you.

My tower is on the yellow Calabria on his site.

Ryan
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-04-2003, 11:27 PM Reply   
Go with proflight. They are super sturdy and they have already proven themselves. Theres a reason why they are the facory tower for MB, Centurion, Sanger,and Supreme and they are very pleasing to the eye and they come in an aray of colors. Seriously these towers are great.
Old    skippyh2o            03-06-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
Dont rely on factory items, they go with the cheapest, for markup reasons... I suggest SAMSON towers. Not only looks good, but NEVER rattles (like the heim joints on other towers do).
Old    xtremrider            03-07-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Hey my phat budde tower is bad ass, it has board racks already built in and it is very trick.

http://www.phatbudde.com/
Old    doubleup1080            03-07-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
WakeAir builds sweet towers. Only company on the market to build the whole tower out of steel. Which is heavier, but much stronger than aluminum. Tubing is 1 7/8"- 2" depending on the tower model. Reasonably priced too.
www.wakeair.com
Old     (ocrider)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-07-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
Brandon,

Just to keep facts straight, you might want to know that Titan has been making stainless steel towers for a few years and they OEM for Malibu. http://www.titanwake.com

I have no experience with these towers, but I do know that Wake Air isn't the only tower to make towers out of steel.

Ryan
Old    doubleup1080            03-07-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
Yeah, thanks for the correction, but I mean that they build the whole tower from a single piece of steel not stainless.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2003, 10:24 PM Reply   
Kent,

Check out the all new 2003 Skylon Swoop S-Bend tower, the Boss Custom Swoop if you can afford a high end tower, and the Titan Series II (Stainless Steel is better than Steel).

All three of these manufacturers are OEM. I disagree with Skip regarding factory towers. They cost the factory less because they are manufactured in very large volume which helps bring the cost down. These manufacturers are very picky who they let build their towers.

The OEM tower manufacturers that you can buy on the aftermarket to fit on any boat are Boss, Skylon, Titan, and Wake Designs.

Skylon Swoop S-Bend
Boss Custom Swoop
Titan Series II

Mike Hellweg
Wakeside.com
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-09-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
i personally think the pro-flight swoop is one of the best towers. my friends have one on there boat with a massattitude box on it the weighs like 30 pounds, 2 board racks with board and the thing only rattles from big delta wakes.other then that its rock solid
Old    flipout            03-12-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
Just wanting to get this out. I looked long and hard for a good tower without coasting me a fortune. I just spent good money on customizing my interior, stereo and new graphics on my malibu tantrum so I toped it off by ordering a tower from monstertower.com Its less than a grand so check it out.
Old     (taylor)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
I posted on the Monster Tower earlier, but I had the opportunity to ride behind it this past weekend. It is sweet. I'm really looking forward to adding to my '95 Maristar, just saving my cash. Congrats on the purchase Scrogg Dogg.

Check out the web site. www.monstertower.com
Old    krichard            03-15-2003, 10:13 PM Reply   
Are there any biminis that fit the Monster Tower? I definatley think I am going to order one this year but really want a bimini
Old    flipout            03-16-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
I talked to the owner and they are thinking about a bimini. My friend Mark Bellaver made a bimini for his supra and its as nice as any that I have seen. When I get mine installed on my tower I will post pictures and info. With Marks help. He made his for around 150.00 I will let you know but his looks awesome.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-16-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
Wakeside.com can have bimini's made to fit any tower. We simply need 2-3 measurements. We offer bimini's manufactured by Boss, Skylon, and Titan. Check out the pictures:

http://www.wakeside.com/miva/merchant.mv?page=W/CTGY/BT

Mike Hellweg
Wakeside.com
Old     (kent_fowlie)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-21-2003, 5:26 PM Reply   
Well, I think I've decided on a tower. It looks like Roswell is the way to go. The Limited to be exact ($3300 Canadian, installed).

I looked at the Monster Tower and it is a great price and looks well built. Unfortunately, I don't particularly like the style, it's the same for Titan. As for the other companies like Tower Works Fabrication, Boss and Skylon, they don't have fits for the boat.

Any lsat comments would be good. Thanks for all the recommendations, I've looked long and hard and the exchange rate just makes sense since I'm in Ottawa.
Old     (kent_fowlie)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-21-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
Well, I think I've decided on a tower. It looks like Roswell is the way to go. The Limited to be exact ($3300 Canadian, installed).

I looked at the Monster Tower and it is a great price and looks well built. Unfortunately, I don't particularly like the style, it's the same for Titan. As for the other companies like Tower Works Fabrication, Boss and Skylon, they don't have fits for the boat.

Any last comments would be good. Thanks for all the recommendations, I've looked long and hard and the exchange rate just makes sense since I'm in Ottawa.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-21-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
What kind of boat? Boss and Skylon towers can fit on almost any boat. The Boss towers are custom manufactured to fit your boat. The new 2003 Skylon towers are designed in such a way that they will fit 99% of all boats. Check out the Skylon S-Bend tower.

Skylon S-Bend Tower

Mike
www.wakeside.com
Old     (kent_fowlie)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-22-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
I did look at the S-bend. I did seriously consider it because Skylon said it would fit my boat. But I'm getting hammered on the exchange rate, shipping, etc. making it a little too expensive. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old    bambamski            03-22-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
You're only option is the Roswell if you live in Canada. Exchange rate, shipping, taxes and brokerage at the border make buying any tower down stateside to expensive. Roswell is out of Edmonton and from what I've seen of their towers they are well built. I bought a pylon from them about 4 years ago and they were a pleasure dealing with. Hope this helps.
Old     (ocrider)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-22-2003, 2:48 PM Reply   
Kent,

Did you try http://www.wakeboardboats.com to see about a price on the Roswell? I know they sell them here in the US but maybe they can work out a drop-ship within Canada or something.

Ryan
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-22-2003, 8:08 PM Reply   
Kent,

Roswell builds a super great tower and you'll definately be happy with it. I've gone over one with a fine tooth comb and agree they do a really nice job. Sounds like the exchange rate makes this a good idea as well.

I saw one they made with built in everything including a LCD Panel. It was like $7,000 US or something incredible, but likely the hands down favorite for a "money is no object" wakeboard tower.

Thanks for the comments on the Monster Tower and our style is certainly new (albeit with some resemblance to Titan) and we would not expect it to be for everyone.

Post some pics up when you get it done !

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com
Old    blackhawk            03-22-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
I think the Monster tower is cool looking, but It doesn't fit my style of tower look, I like the taller looking straiter ones like the proflight or BOSS. I am building my own though for financial reasons. Any suggestions on mounting it, it is per the design by "Wakeboardin". You can see it on his profile page. I plan to paint it black.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-23-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
Nato,

Thanks for the compliment.

"We know we can never be all things to all people, we just want be a whole lot to quite a few".

Also Check out http://www.morseindustries.com where you will be able to buy the bases for mounting ready to go.

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com
Old     (bsclayton)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-23-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
Thanks for mentioning us, Ryan. If you have an interest in the Roswell towers, definitely let me know. They're out best selling line of towers to date... although I hear a monster tower is on the way... Just kidding!

Http://www.wakeboardboats.com
http://www.flipsell.com
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-23-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
The Monster IS Coming, no Kidding !

www.MonsterTower.com

Old    blackhawk            03-24-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Monster towers are awesome, another reason for not building one is that I don't know if I can get a tubing bender that will bend like that.
Old     (bsclayton)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-24-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
Okay, Mr. Bill, that's enough. You're scaring the children.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-26-2003, 7:45 AM Reply   
Brad,

That's what my kid's always say -