Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (PrecisionStorage)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-24-2015, 2:33 PM Reply   
Need some help...my buddy is out at Havasu with is '14 G23 and the boat started loosing oil pressure then shut itself off and oil is everywhere in the engine bay...He was cruising at about 35mph. This warning message came up on the dash:

Any thoughts? Message says DTC 11 Intake Cam / distributor position error.

Motor is the CWS 450 HP Catanium CES by Crusader.

Thank you!
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2015, 3:44 PM Reply   
Take it to dealer as it sounds like it will be a warranty job, engines don't just dump there oil for no reason and if you keep using it or try to fix it your just going to void any warranty claim
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2015, 3:59 PM Reply   
game changer!!! Agree go directly to the dealer
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-25-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
Make sure the plug and filter are tight, some people make the simple things of torquing those a dramatic event. Fill it back up, hose the motor off and ride some more!!! Check if it's leaking from one of the remote oil filter hoses. Could be a simple fix. Might have to fill it up with oil, start it and watch for it to leak first.
Old     (99ProAir)      Join Date: May 2015       07-25-2015, 10:06 AM Reply   
I'd head directly to the dealer if I were you. No oil pressure and oil is everywhere in the engine compartment - don't screw around. It may end up being something simple like a loose filter, plug or even an oil pressure sensor, but why put your G23 at risk.

Do you have enough hours on it to have had your first 25 hour service? Or maybe your 50 hour service? Perhaps who ever did the work screwed up somewhere.

It's unlikely anyone without a 2014 PCM engine diagnostic manual is going to be able to decode that error.

Get it back on the trailer and get it to a dealership ASAP!
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
Oil can/should typically be able to come out of two spots of the engine. Try and find the source from the obvious points (As mentioned above). If it's coming from somewhere else then your vacation/weekend is over until you get it to a dealer.
Old     (PrecisionStorage)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-25-2015, 11:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses everyone. Like it I said it is my buddy's boat and he is in Havasu right now. The last update I heard is he added some oil and it was holding oil pressure and not leaking at idle so they have just been hanging in the cove. Tomorrow when he leaves he is going to take it straight to the dealer.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-25-2015, 12:50 PM Reply   
Gorilla glue,duct tape, and keep it crackin is what Chuck Norris would do!
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-26-2015, 6:59 AM Reply   
My money says someone didn't thread the oil filter on correctly.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2015, 7:53 AM Reply   
^×2.

Couple years ago I did the usual annual fluids and filter change. Started the boat to run it through and after a minute out so heard something funny and turned around to see oil squirting out of the oil filter gasket into the locker. I was horrified at the mess. Turns out I hadn't noticed that the old oil filter gasket stayed stuck on and I put the new filter (with gasket) on over it. I triple check that since then.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-26-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
^×2.

Couple years ago I did the usual annual fluids and filter change. Started the boat to run it through and after a minute out so heard something funny and turned around to see oil squirting out of the oil filter gasket into the locker. I was horrified at the mess. Turns out I hadn't noticed that the old oil filter gasket stayed stuck on and I put the new filter (with gasket) on over it. I triple check that since then.

That was gonna be my guess!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-26-2015, 11:06 AM Reply   
The cam code most likely comes from oil actuated valving to adjust timing, and an inability to do so from lack of oil.

In any right. Get oil in that thing pronto and try to find the leak. Pray your buddy's bearings are OK