Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (bonz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
i did a search before posting this and could not find anything about my problems when i try this trick.

When i try this track i can get all the way around and sometimes over rotating ,but when i land it hurts my back foot really bad and i fall so i am yet to land a tantrum.

thanks
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
Yeah watch out for that it means your leaning to far back on landing, and the last tantrum I tried(last year around this time) I landed a tad too far back and wound up with a fractured ankle(back ankle).
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
I dont get it, of all the attempts it took me to land my tantrums (which was a ton)none of them hurt me in any way, they were all actually pretty soft landings. The only thing that has really happened is landing one and then face planting due to getting off balance, but whatever. They say this trick is nick named the "ankle breaker" but i have never hurt myself doing it. I guess everyone is different.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-22-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
how are your bindings? Are they newer with nice padding or are they a super old pair? If you throw a correct tantrum, there should be no pain, esp if you land on the downslope of the opposite wake.
Old     (utwake1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-22-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
I hate tankles
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
I was riding 05 Sphynx's I shoulda been rockin my highbacks but it really wouldn't have helped.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-22-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
Broke my ankle on this trick.I was ridng a trip with ultra suctions.
2nd break was a HS BS 3
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 10:32 PM Reply   
I tried tantrums around 25 times and I landed bad 2 times! Both hurt my knee but not so badly!!! I landed my first one last saturday and hurt my knee sunday in the next attempt!!! I'm already OK!!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-23-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Is it safe to say if you get enough speed into the wake and wait for the pop, that at least you will over-rotate instead of under-rotating and hurting you ankles?
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Yes, but make sure you take it up and not out. If you make sure you do that then yes it is safe to assume you will at least rotate all the way. But i have never ever gotten hurt doing a tantrum so in my opinion you dont really need to worry about it as long as you commit.
Old     (utwake1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-23-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
i agree ^^^

I had a problem of taking it way out into the flats, but if you take it up you shouldnt have a problem.

The speed into the wake isnt all that key, i think it's how hard you "throw" yourself into the flip.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
I always had issues with my feet popping out of my bindings on the way up, because I launched too early...
Old     (bonz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
thanks for all the advice i was just wondering if it was normal. i guess so.

im hoping to stick it this weekend
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
.. no half measure!!!!
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
i wish i had all this feedback when i asked this same question a few weeks ago