Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-06-2011, 3:50 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 2011 and 2012 Hyperlite Murray boots is? From appearance, it just looks like thy changed the exterior texture a little and made thm all black. I was wondering if there were any other differences. I kind of like the appearance of the 2011's a little better. I was thinking that I might ask for the 2012 system bindings and the 2011 boots if there is not much difference in the 2011 and 2012 boots. Also, how do you go about heat molding them? One thing that I have noticed about Hyperlite is the informational materials that come with their equipment is not very informative.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-06-2011, 5:50 PM Reply   
have not seen the new ones besides pics.
one thing i did notice is that 2011 murrays were the only system boots that had these big holes in the bottom of the sole. seemed like it would make it better for water drainage and maybe even make the soles more cooshy/ easier to compress with less surface area. all the other system boots only had two small slits in the bottom.

2012 it appears the murray no longer has these holes and is like all the other boots on the bottom.

I have also heard that you can get the new toe cap piece separate from hyperlite (forgot the price) to upgrade older system bindings if you got em.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-06-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
Yes, I had seen that you could upgrade the toe straps, but I have not bought them and I think that they made some other updates to the bindings as well, and to buy the old ones and update the straps would be more than just buying the new ones. I did demo them last summer and liked them. I don't really Need them, but if I got a new set, then I could put my Team bindings on my old Murray board and have 2 good setups.