Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-13-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
First I want to thank all of the people that take time out of their day to post info and answer questions on this site. Just reading many of the posts over the last year has helped this newbie more than anybody will ever know.

Finally after 20 years my wife and came to a compromise on a boat purchase. She has always wanted a cruiser, while I was stuck on a hot boat. After being introduced to wakeboarding we both decided that we wanted a wakeboard boat.

I went to a local boat show and fell in love with the Supras. I decided on the Launch, but at the last minute I switched to the 22SSV. The main reason was The SSV has an open space for the beverage cooler!

Soooo after buying a boat, how do you make it your own? Below are some pics that show the progress so far. Board racks still need some fine tuning. The Speakers in the Fusion cans can't keep up with the JL equip. JMO. I'm thinking either JL or Focal components need to go in the cans. Any Ideas?

Note: Monitor is used for video and pictures as a training aid only.

ALL comments welcome. Questions too.

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-13-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
Wow you have really pimped that out. I bet that system sounds good. Sweet looking ride.
What board racks are those? Why did you get those instead of the standard Supra swivels from Roswell? I like those, but is that more expensive to do and can you order it without the normal Roswell swivels? Share that with us would ya. Looks great!
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-13-2005, 5:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Diggs

Welll, I found myself fighting the factory racks every time I was on the water. Nothing more embarassing than having your rack rotated 90 degrees when you come to the dock. I got so frustrated that I went looking for replacements. I know roswell has been good about fixing this problem, but was too far down the path.
I ended up having X-series racks custom installed. I actually found the installer on this site.
In process of having the Plates that say "X-Series" replaced and will most likely paint them blue to add a little color.
Old    mendo247            11-13-2005, 6:12 PM Reply   
very nice! who did the stereo install? i see you live in napa are you goin up to the lake turkey day weekend?
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-13-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Richard,

Vivid Dimensions in American Canyon (707) 694-8971 did the install. Dennis does great work. He is a friend of the family so he let me do anything that I felt comfortable doing at his shop. I ended up installing the deck, power & stereo cables, relocating batteries, installing switches and lights.

I'm going up next weekend just to relax at the trailer. Won't be up for turkey day, I have family obs.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-14-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Vince, did you have cutom enclosures made for the the extra rear speaekers? Did you do it yourself? I've been looking for a way to add another pair of 6.5"s back there. My current set-up is geared to sounding better when louder vs. quiter.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-14-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
You you still have the OEM racks from before?? If so do you want to get rid of them. Also If you don't mind how much did you pay for the MC racks?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-14-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
see there is a little bit of mastercraft in all of us!! hahahah

but hell i like the set up there man
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-14-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Vince,

Where do you have the tower speaker crossover set?

Mike
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-14-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
Adam - Custom enclosures made out of fiberglass with MDF faces that are resin coated. Dennis at Vivid actually made them (I watched). It was really easy.

Zach - Yea, I still have the OEM racks and might part with them. What did you have in mind. MC racks were spendy at 1300.

Ryan - Mastercraft makes a great product. Too bad all I could afford was the racks!!

Mikeski - I wasn't involved in any of the stereo Setup. I will Check and get back to you.

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-14-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
Can I repair/install for my XLV. If I had to guess I would say they were ground off or cut...so are they in good shape for install the second time and how much to you what for them. Can you take a pic for me to see the removed racks?? Thanks Z

MC dealer here wants 2G's for the MC rack here in ATL
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-14-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
Vince,

I would guess that your are pushing too many low frequencies into the tower speakers causing them to distort prematurely, raise it up to about 150hz and see if that helps (obviously they should be running in high pass mode). Keep a notepad and take notes when you make changes like this to your stereo system so you can backtrack your footsteps if it starts sound really ugly.

Mike