Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-08-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
Haven't shopped bindings in a while so was hoping to get some recommendations. Looking for good support and firm fitting. I like my bindings tight so preferably dual laces. Not a fan of the SS or CWB boots. Leaning toward LF, Hyperlite, or Ronix. Thoughts on models that fit this criteria?
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-08-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
I have been riding the Ronix Code 55's for a couple weeks and absolutely dig the extra support they have over the One's. If you have a chance, demo a couple pairs of bindings and maybe throw them in the mix. Good Luck!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-08-2013, 8:11 PM Reply   
I saw and did like those. Did they replace the Cells this year?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-08-2013, 8:30 PM Reply   
Liquid Force Shanes. You can get them very snug.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-08-2013, 9:17 PM Reply   
How do the one's compare to the slingshot shredtowns?
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-09-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
I don't know if they necessarily replaced the cell's but they filled there spot in the line up. I do know there Dean Smiths pro model and there meant to be super responsive and supportive. I found the one's to have just a little too much play in the forward lean and the code's are a nice change. They feel nice and solid like some of my favorite snowboard boots. I have never ridden any slingshot boots so I have no comparison as far as they go.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-09-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
Thanks man. I'm going to go try some on and see. I love the Ronix for how light they are but I've always been concerned about their durability.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-09-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
I've been rocking the Cell's since 09, picked up a pair of Code's this year, and absolutely love them.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-09-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
Ya there's no doubt I've had a few durability issues with Ronix but on the other side of things the customer service is fantastic! Especially if you get them through buywake.com. If you ever have any issues, you just get in touch with Billy W and the problem is solved. Good luck on the search, and have fun!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-09-2013, 7:18 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Tried a bunch of brands on today and I definitely think Ronix is head and shoulders above the other brands as far as weight and comfort. The CWB JT's are actually pretty nice but I didn't put on one Hyperlite or Liquid Force binding that was remotely comfortable to me. So I liked the new Code 55's but I found some last years Cells and couldn't tell much of a difference...and I got them for about $230 cheaper than the 2013 models. So they're in the mail! Thanks guys.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-09-2013, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
How do the one's compare to the slingshot shredtowns?
The shred towns are Velcro straps so can't get them as tight as the lace up boots. Prior to my shred towns I had Ronix parks which you can get nice and tight. I love my shred towns but am still getting used to the not as tight fit.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-10-2013, 5:33 AM Reply   
Ronix with intuition liners are just phenomenal. Slingshot uses intuition liners as well. I haven't actually compared, but u get the sense that shredtowns are a cable boot and as such have a lot of flex. The ones are one of ronixs stiffer boots. I think they are an 8/10 stiffness. Only boot in their lineup stiffer is the code 22. The parks and franks are the less stiff being a 5 and 7 respectively, IIRC.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
Anyone know where you can buy new Ronix liners? I have some 08 Relix that are like new except for the liner. I called Ronix last year and it was going to cost almost as much as getting new boots.