Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-03-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
Has anybody built the center playpin cushion in the bow of the boat? what did you use for the side supports? I want to fill in the center part of the open bow with a cushion put want to make sure that it will sapport the weight of kids and stuff.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-03-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
I need to do this in my boat. I heard you can just get it done at an upholstery shop for pretty cheap. I would imagine they use some sort of ABS for the bottom, probably 1/2" thick would do the trick. Im coming from the perspective that my boat is setup to have a cushion with a lip already there for it to sit on. If not you could build some sort of box for it to sit on.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-03-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
Most manufacturers have them as options you can get for the center of the seat area. Mine rests on the edge of the fiberglass and is a snug fit in the existing seat cushions. If it's in the walk way between the consoles you want that's a bit different. I would look at the manufacturers first and then decide if you would rather build your own.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-03-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
our boat had it as an option, but we bought our boat used, and the previous owner did not get it. ours has a lip all the way around it where the cushion would go. so i just cut a piece of 5/8" plywood to the shape using a jig saw and painted it (no cushon though) just as a temp thing so we can throw wakeskates and backpacks under it when the racks are full and without losing any room.
We had custom cover made over at tower Bimini's and at the same time we had them make an actual cushion up there, and it turned out awesome. looks like its meant to be there. we have a ton of room up in the bow, so we had them make it in two pieces since its such a large area so we can store it in the back compartments in separate pieces if we don't use it. but we just leave it up there all the time now, one of my favorite additions to the boat. more storage+ more seating=an awesome addition.

i don't remember exactly how much it cost to do, since we had several things done at the same time. but i believe it only cost a little over 100$.(i may be wrong though). awesome price considering how great it looks.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-03-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
my boat doesn't have that option so no lip for it to sit on. That is the proplem of what to use on the sides for sapport and still have it look nice when the cushion is removed.
Old     (curt489)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
WAKE26 ,

There was a guy on here with a mastercraft 205v 2004-2005 model. He made something like what your talking about. He made the box or support for the cushion second as a subwoofer box. He did a great job. He also did his own custom ballast install with great information and pictures on how he completed it. Maybe someone can find the post somewhere online. i remember the boat being black.
Old     (curt489)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
I just found it on wakeboatworld.com Paul Brothers 2004 205v. He has a featured boat with pictures of the custom built box and cushion. He did an awesome job. i used some of his ideas for my ballast install.