Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-02-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
This article is in my local paper today.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/dec/02/mastercraft-to-recall-73-workers

Jman
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-02-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
thats cool
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Yea that's great new's. I wonder if they can and will ues this time to cut the fat off their work force. Not calling back long time employees that might have reached the top of the pay scale and might not be worth the extra $. Expect to see leaner meaner company's when they come back
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-02-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
the economy is coming back!! Jet
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-02-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
Im sure someone will shiat on this but I think its great. I hope to see more companies doing some call backs - mine included! Economy has dwindled our work pretty steady and layoffs have been rampant. It seems to have leveled off - I hope this is a sign the economy is coming back. Ive been waiting to pull the trigger on a new boat way to long.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-02-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
i just feel until the employment numbers go way up. the economy wont, but this is a start. thats good exp for the people getting their jobs back. also what people dont realize is that when the economy goes up so does inflation.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
did anyone read the comments below the article?

"ANOTHER sign the Obama stimulus plan is working.

Read 'em and weep neo-cons."
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-03-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
Uhh, all eyez, you got that backward. When the economy goes up, inflation goes down.

Inflation is created by beurocrats who try to spend their way out of a recession. The government doesn't have more money to spend, so it just prints more money. This, in turn, devalues the dollar, which is what's going on right now. So, with the dollar worth less, stuff costs more. Voila, inflation!

Here's a novel idea: A defecit can be created in two ways: Spend more than you take in or take in less than you spend. They've tried spending more and jobless rates keep going up. How about giving everyone a tax holiday for a while, take in less and see where that gets us? Hmm, no federal income tax. Talk about an economy boost.

One more thing and then I'm done: Increasing taxes on the "rich" has only negative effects. "Rich" people don't hoard their money, they spend it and they invest it. Give them tax breaks and they will have more money for jobs, more money to buy raw materials from other businesses, more money for buying consumer goods. More money spent means more tax money for government!

This is like second grade stuff. Why congress can't figure it out amazes me.

Sorry for the rant but I just want people to be more aware of what is going on so we can fight for our freedoms and so we can all afford awesome wakeboats. Good news at Mastercraft!
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-03-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
im sorry. i though that when you pump more money into the system its creates inflation. more jobs more money. more inflation. its deff not the first times ive been wrong.lol
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-03-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Inflation=devaluation of the currency. Right now, we have a weak dollar policy. Inflation will kick in as soon at demand picks up. American made goods are artificially low due to both Fed Reserve and Administration policy. Interest rates must go up and spending by governmental entities drastically cut to avoid inflation. If not, just like Argentina, we will have hyper-inflation. Most likely we will suffer the same fate as the Carter era with 20% interest rates and inflation rates. Get me a sweater. The good news is that if you have a long term, fixed rate loan, you pay in devalued dollars and pay less for the expense. Buy a house now.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-03-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
I am hoping to buy a place in the next few months for that exact reason.

That is great to hear that MC is getting some workers back to work.