Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-21-2019, 3:49 AM Reply   
About 30 years ago right about Now up at Lake Arrowhead ,I went skurfing,with my Bro Darryl McClaskey ,Big thick plastic board.Darryl tells me this is hard to get up on,Well got up first try and ripped it up, Darryl didn't know I Surf so good,,,I told him this board was kinda lame and I could Make a Way Better board than this...Next day grabbed a couple blanks and Started shaping the Modern Day Wake board.We started out with a 3/4 inch thick board ,instead of a 2 1/2inch thick plastic thing,,,I saw the Wake as a long Ass Wave with no one cutting me off.Since I weighed 240 and rode a 6'6'' surfboard ,this was my way to ride a 54" board since I didn't have to catch a wave,the boat pulled you...So i could Ride a potato chip board,I was in Heaven,We prodo~ typed about 10 boards figure out what work and what didn't work,,,2 months later We Had what is know as the Modern Day Wakeboard.Thats are story and we're sticking by it...
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-21-2019, 6:41 AM Reply   
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-21-2019, 8:56 AM Reply   
Here's a shot a photographer just sent me,,,Team Moose was throwing it
Attached Images

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-21-2019, 11:05 AM Reply   
Hey Moose - Any chance any of those have original dates? Might have to do that interview we always talked about for the wake hall of fame
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-21-2019, 5:33 PM Reply   
Yo Buffalow ,you know me ,Iam always there to help out ,you know how to get a hold of me,just call me ,,,,Photos 8~89