Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (bradgarry)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-26-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
My apologies for starting the millionth backroll help thread. I have watched every instructional video I can find and just can't get it. I know I dropped my back hand in this video and have tried hanging on with both with no change. I think I am doing something wrong in the takeoff. Any suggestions are apreciated
Old     (bradgarry)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-26-2015, 7:39 PM Reply   
Sorry guys. Here is the link to youtube https://youtu.be/m2T8TItZfwc
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2015, 8:27 PM Reply   
You're throwing it. Your supposed to edge through the wake with a hard edge. This is a load and release trick. To load the line you can edge out in the flats. Then keeping your body straight lean hard against the line. You will feel the boat pull you hard forward. So the trick is to load the line hard right at the wake then look over your lead shoulder to initiate the trick. Good luck!
Old     (k2rider)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-28-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
Yeah it's the takeoff that's not allowing you to land this trick. It's an easy trick as far as the approach and power needed to throw the trick. The trick is to not overpower it and launch early like you are. Come in like you are doing, ride through the wake and then when you'd normally go for a grab is when you want to throw the trick. At that point snap the handle in to your hips and the trick will spin itself. You just need to make sure you’re fully riding through the lip of the wake and you’ll be good to go.
Old     (bradgarry)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-28-2015, 11:17 AM Reply   
If anything I thought maybe I was throwing the trick too late? Here is a screen shot of me leaving the waken in the same video. Seems like everyone is almost upside down at this point.
Attached Images

Old     (k2rider)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-28-2015, 1:28 PM Reply   
Looking at the video blown up(it was hard small) it looks like you're anticipating the roll too much. Try to do 3-5 jumps/grabs before you go into it. Take exactly the same cut you would for the previous jumps and go into it. Ride through the wake and snap that handle to your hips. Pulling the handle in harder will accelerate your spin. The harder you pull the faster you'll spin. Looking at the still shot your hands are extended out. Try snapping it in and I bet you'll spin around quicker than you think you will. You're not far off just go out and try those 2 things and I guarantee you'll land it your next run.
Old     (bradgarry)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-28-2015, 5:15 PM Reply   
Ya the video is of poor quality sorry about that. I can really make sense of those two tips and am visualizing the technique. I should be out again within the week so hopefully I can update you with a stuck backroll. Thanks alot!