Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       10-08-2019, 1:02 AM Reply   
Anyone have any experience they can share about Ronix Supreme boots? I've been riding laces since like the dawn of laces and I'm always having to adjust them here and there. I'd like something that I can just strap down and just go ride. Do the straps stay down pretty well. Anyone hate these boots. Love them?

If I don't get these, I'm probably going to get the Ronix RXTs. Anyone with experience on those? Love/like/dislike?

Thanks!
Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       10-10-2019, 6:52 AM Reply   
Thoughts anyone?
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       10-10-2019, 10:34 AM Reply   
I tried some on at the boat show this year. I thought the closure system would take getting used to for me to like them more than laces. In addition, I didn't think the liner was as nice as my RXTs, seeing it isn't heat moldable and the sizes are not as specific.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-11-2019, 4:01 AM Reply   
I've ridden both pairs (2019s). I actually liked the supremes and I usually don't like strappy bindings. A lot of guys at the cable park swear by the step-out kind.

That said. The RXT are my favorite bindings right now. They break in really fast, fit well and are super light. Not much more you can ask for.

My vote, especially if you are riding boat, is the RXT. But I still like the Ronix Supremes over any other brand of bindings.
Old     (MTH19)      Join Date: Oct 2018       10-15-2019, 5:00 PM Reply   
I have ridden both sets. I own the RXT's. The Supremes are AWESOME for cable. Quick in and out, and they are stiffer than the RXT. That being said, I had to re-adjust the straps a couple of times to wrench them down as tight as I like for boat. The Supreme have quite a bit of adjustment. Once you set it, you're good. They do not need to be broken in to be comfortable, but once they break in they are even better, usually require once more adjustment to cinch down really tight once they break in. The materials are not as high end as the RXT, the price reflects that. The RXT are really nice right out of the box. If you heat mold them, you'll wonder why you didn't buy them faster. They are not as stiff, but it doesn't feel like you'll roll any ankles. Nice and flexy and tons of cushion.

That being said, hit me up if you want some of either boot. The 2020 Supreme boots have better straps and adjustment.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-17-2019, 12:29 AM Reply   
Rxt’s have been great.