Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-30-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
Stupid question as I'm usually good at this stuff but the manual confused me a bit. As the title states I have 4 Rev10's prewired down to my amp and just installed a KS600.2. Amp is two channel but I assume I want to run in 2ohm mode to get the needed 1200rms. Help me wire these since I already have the wires down to the amp.

Mike
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-30-2014, 3:42 PM Reply   
wire them in parallel. if your pre wired to the amp just run a pair of positives and negatives to each of the 2 amp channels.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-30-2014, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightv10 View Post
wire them in parallel. if your pre wired to the amp just run a pair of positives and negatives to each of the 2 amp channels.
still confused... if I only run a pair of positives and negatives to the amp what do I do with the other pairs? connect them to eachother? The more I look the more I get confused. You would think there would be a wiring diagram in the manual for my situation as the 600.2 was designed for 4 tower speakers.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-30-2014, 4:33 PM Reply   
Think I got it. Tower is wired with two runs. Inside and outside speakers basically. So for lets say the inside speakers I will connect a pos. and neg. from each speaker and run the other pos. and neg. to the bridged channel (outside pos. and neg. on amp. Repeat for the other set. Correct?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-30-2014, 4:42 PM Reply   
You should have 4 pair of speaker wires running from the tower to the amps. that is 4 positives and 4 negatives. wire the positives together from say the 2 port speakers to the positive output of the left channel of the amp. wire the 2 negatives to the negative output of the left channel of the amp. Then wire the 2 positves from the 2 starboard speakers together into the right channel and negatives together into the right channel. your amp should not be in bridge mode.

make sense?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-30-2014, 4:46 PM Reply   
If you only have 2 pairs of wires coming down to the amps the speakers may already be wired parallel inside the tower. If that is the case, just hook each wire pair to each channel of the amp.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-30-2014, 6:13 PM Reply   
No. There is a pos and negative for each speaker. So it's as simple as each speaker goes to pos. and neg? Wouldn't this result in 4 ohms at the amp? Not 1200rms?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-30-2014, 6:57 PM Reply   
I have the same set up. Take the left side speaker wires twist the positive leads together then take the two negative leads and twist them together. You now have two speakers connected together at the end to make one lead. Now connect that to the left side on the amp. Then just do the same on the other side. Two 4 ohm speakers wired together gives you a 2 ohm load. The amp will sense the load and put out the proper power it is that easy
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-30-2014, 7:13 PM Reply   
omg I feel like an idiot, thanks guys
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-30-2014, 7:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
I have the same set up. Take the left side speaker wires twist the positive leads together then take the two negative leads and twist them together. You now have two speakers connected together at the end to make one lead. Now connect that to the left side on the amp. Then just do the same on the other side. Two 4 ohm speakers wired together gives you a 2 ohm load. The amp will sense the load and put out the proper power it is that easy
Any tips on settings for the 600.2. I see it came with a bass knob... will this work on full range so I can turn down the tower speakers gain?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-30-2014, 8:20 PM Reply   
spend the cash and get a wetsounds 420 EQ .The Bass knob that came with the amp is used when the amp is used to power a sub. Follow the tuning instructions that come with the 420 EQ and you will be set Other than that set the amp to high pass and the freq. about 80hz