Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 8:41 PM Reply   
Unless ur boat is almost sinking your doing something WRONG. Please use this as a guide of "how to weight your boat" if it dosent look like this YOU ARE DOING SOMTHING WRONG.

You see these picture of these guys with these awesome wake-surf wakes. THIS IS HOW ITs DONE
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
More
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 8:52 PM Reply   
This is PROOF "surf gates"and wake convergence systems like NSS are for looser's weight the "F" out of your boat and stop ur crying!!!!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-09-2014, 8:56 PM Reply   
what lake is that?
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-09-2014, 9:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
This is PROOF "surf gates"and wake convergence systems like NSS are for looser's weight the "F" out of your boat and stop ur crying!!!!
isnt sarcasm on the internet typically conveyed through italics rather than caps? whats with all the surf hate recently, your lack of punctuation/proper grammar/correct spelling in pretty much all of your posts certainly annoys me more than that boat....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 10:10 PM Reply   
^Sorry for my messed up spelling^
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 10:14 PM Reply   
I need to learn how to spell!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 10:18 PM Reply   
If I only had a brain!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 10:25 PM Reply   
I'm so stupid I don't even know how I'm able to post
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 10:34 PM Reply   
I'm not "surf hate'n" I'm only posting pictures of what I saw. If you see this as surf hate then that's ur problem.
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-10-2014, 12:30 AM Reply   
Can you imagine how much air you could get off that surf wave? I'm willing to bet 6-12".
Old     (wallis_tho)      Join Date: May 2014       09-10-2014, 4:01 AM Reply   
Holy **** you got any photos of the wake?
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2014, 4:54 AM Reply   
Thats DJ Jamez boat. Best wave in the industry. It also has the Switch Blade system on it. Its HUGE!!!
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       09-10-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
Man, I get nervous when the water line is at my rub rail....you know you're slammed when the water line is touching upholstery.....
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-10-2014, 5:55 AM Reply   
I love all the extra bumpers and cushions so it doesn't get scratched on the dock. Never mind the fact that one good roller is gonna sink that thing!!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-10-2014, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICAH_HARPER View Post
Thats DJ Jamez boat. Best wave in the industry. It also has the Switch Blade system on it. Its HUGE!!!

Gotta love DJ James! You can make fun all you want, that thing throws a monster wake! Check out his videos, you'll see
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
Yeah that's James Harold's boat. It does throw a great wave but I hadn't realized that he listed it that much! I'm not gonna lie while underway my boats close to that, water all the way up to the top of the back corner bit not at rest. Water has to go over that back corner while he is underway. Pretty crazy!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2014, 8:21 AM Reply   
Here it is in action. You'll want to skip to the 50 second mark.

Wakesurf Day 1 at the Tiki Shack | Body Glove: http://youtu.be/BKWOsyw5YAQ
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       09-10-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
It looks pretty crazy just sitting at the dock, but that wave is pretty impressive for sure.
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-10-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
That's an epic wave... It's also centurions entry level boat that's fairly old.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Just has a wrap on it now.

That Switch Blade is crazy
Attached Images

Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
Maybe a Diferent boat but it was his and the same model.

Imagine hitting something with that thing....lol
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
Here's what has my scratching my head. These guys are obviously hardcore surfers. That wave looks awesome . I have owned 6 Centurions. Why the heck did they buy the smalles boat in the line (Cyclone) at 20ft and change only to weight the piss out of it for surfing? I am not hating at all, just baffled

An Avy or an Enzo would obviously make the most sense

The Cyclone isn't their entry level boat. Never has been The Hurricane/Lightning/Elite V was. The Cyclone was produced as a "baby Avalanche" and has a very simar hull with a super steep poppy wakeboard wake, and obviously (even before that crazy ballast) a way above avg surf wake for 20ft'r. Price wise tho it was more $$$$ than its bigger sized entry level counterpart

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-10-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-10-2014, 11:06 AM Reply   
this is how a surf wave is produced!! Love DJJamez wave!!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-10-2014, 3:04 PM Reply   
It kind of makes me chuckle because it's clear that the orginal poster was trying to make fun of the boat and list and we're all just coming on here and drooling at the wave, which is pure epicness.

You can take your surf gadgets and stick them up your tailpipe. There's no replacement for displacement!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Yeah G whats the problem? Stereo is bumpin, boat is slumpin. Don't be a hater.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
I don't see G hating here bit mearley showing a boat that's at a ridiculous level. If I saw this I'd snap some pics too and share them on here.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-10-2014, 5:41 PM Reply   
My boat sits like that... What's wrong with it? Never swamped my boat in 6 years... Surf gate, NSS and Swell boats stop to watch. Actually had one stop and ask how we have such a big wave... LoL
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-10-2014, 9:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Here it is in action. You'll want to skip to the 50 second mark.

Wakesurf Day 1 at the Tiki Shack | Body Glove: http://youtu.be/BKWOsyw5YAQ
anyone else notice that they dump a girl out of the back of the boat at the 1:00 mark?

LOL!!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-10-2014, 9:46 PM Reply   
I really don't mean to be a hater but for what you guys are calling such an amazing wave, the best tricks that went down were surface 3s and some 12" airs? I honestly don't get it. Doesn't it get boring after you have those tricks down?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2014, 9:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
I really don't mean to be a hater but for what you guys are calling such an amazing wave, the best tricks that went down were surface 3s and some 12" airs? I honestly don't get it. Doesn't it get boring after you have those tricks down?
I sortof agree... but check back in with us in 5 years. Or 8. Will you still be pushing as hard. "surfing," albeit like midget dunk contests, is a fun way for a family to spend time on the water. If it gets you out with friends and family, it's OK by me (as long as your giant rollers aren't swamping me).
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-10-2014, 10:37 PM Reply   
What else is your Aunt going to do with her old waterbed mattress if not give it to you for weighting your boat. ReUse, one of the three R's of environmentalists. See, you all thought surfing might not be a big help to the environment.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-11-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
Hey Shawdoggy, I hear ya on that. I'm 37 and wakeboarding falls can't take their toll. But we started surfing in 2008 too and by the end of the first year we were bored. I've picked up new surf boards over the years and over each winter try to buy into the whole surf craze but come summer time, after 5 minutes of the first ride it's just boring to me. I can do 3's and airs, nothing amazing. But with that said I have never, in 7 summers seen a single wake surfer do a single trick on my lake and that's all we see people doing. We have one new star and 10 G23s on our lake and I've never seen as much as a wakeboard in the racks, only surfboards.

And don't get me wrong, I take people surfing all the time and my wife really enjoys it. My kids even started this year (but they always prefer wakeboarding )

I guess it would be no different than taking an Xstar and adding 5000 lbs if ballast to do 180s and straight airs. It's just those pics above seem like such overkill and work for the end result of a wave 4" taller. Just my opinion though, I know this site probably has more surfers than wakeboarders now.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
it is what it is.

if you dont like it...move along

i also enjoy wakeboarding alog with surfing. i even bust out the skis every once in a while.
Its all in the name of having fun
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-11-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
That wake looks sick. I would love to ride that. I've ridden some pretty nice ones on some pretty nice boats, but that one looks amazing. Video is a few years old and stuff has progressed a bit since then, but still is pretty nice. Never had a wake throw a barrel you could actually get under like they did. Awesome boat setup, just hope it doesn't sink.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-12-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
That's an old video. Like everyone else, he has progressed and gotten better. Last I saw he was attempting Superman's behind the boat. And he gets crazy airs and 360's too. I would post a video link but I'm too lazy to use the interwebs search atm
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-12-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
That thing is crazy leaned

Last edited by hookedonboardin; 09-12-2014 at 8:46 AM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
All I can think of when I see that boat is the song "This is for my homies, with that gangsta lean, gansta lean"