Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2014, 5:15 PM Reply   
59% on 3rd down against the "cough cough" best defense in the league. Over 42 minutes in time of possession against that same defense.In comes Russell Wilson to save the day but he "CHOKES" instead.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2014, 6:34 PM Reply   
Wow! Still no potty mouth like usual from the Seahawks fans.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
Defense looked soft against slants and inside rubs, Gates beats us all by himself.
Sherman haters are kinda reaching blaming him, stats show he gave up 5 completions for 55 yards, no TD's. Bad move on his part not speaking to media, gotta take the bad days with he good, he'll get deservedly gutted for that move.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-14-2014, 7:58 PM Reply   
"I respect no one whose favorite team is not the one in their home state. I wonder who the Broncos will be playing in the Super Bowl this season."

I hate when people say retarded stuff like this? Why should someone born in a specific state, be required to root for a team from that state? thats idiotic. because I am from so cal, I should be required to root for the Raiders, the Rams, or the Chargers? What about when the team leaves to another state or another city 500 miles away?
I have happily rooted for a baseball team, and a football team for my entire life, and neither are anywhwere near my home state. it has nothing to do with being a band wagoner either. I was a kid, and I stuck with those teams. gimme a break.

wow. seattle got torn apart. good thing I sat Gates in one league, and Rivers in another. GD fantasy football.!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2014, 12:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Sherman will be tested all year now. He's very vulnerable to getting burnt like toast. Example today.
No doubt. Chancellor was burned even worse. Funny how when the chickens aren't mugging and cheating, their "success" is so limited. Did anyone else notice how the refs gave that non TD to Harvin??? WTH?
Side note: Can someone please run Kaepernick over with a bus please? During that post game interview, I wanted to rip those gay headphones off his neck and beat him with them. I'm almost ready to change his name to Romo.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2014, 5:05 AM Reply   
Kaepernick didn't look that good, but Chicago looked as bad as did Dallas in week 1. Yes I saw Harvin step out of bounds and the Refs rush to kick the extra point without reviewing the scoring play.But that's the NFL.Referees are human and they do make mistakes.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2014, 5:33 AM Reply   
Wow! I just checked the scores. SF was leading when I turned off the TV 20-7. I guess that wasn't the fat lady I heard singing.Kaepernick had a great 4th quarter debut in the new stadium.

Last edited by cwb4me; 09-15-2014 at 5:36 AM.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-15-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
As a Broncos fan, not super confident this week. D looks shaky.... Know after a subpar showing, Seattle will come out firing on all cylinders. GO BRONCOS!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-15-2014, 6:38 AM Reply   
Looks like the Chargers tried to expose Chancellor and the LB's in coverage against the TE. The Broncos have some solid TE's and I have to assume they'll try to continue that, if possible....and the Seahawks will try to adjust.

Still worried about the Bronco D and their ability to get off the field....
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2014, 6:47 AM Reply   
God, the refs did everything they could to give my Chiefs a chance in Denver. But when you are bad...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
Fun Fact . After 2 weeks the worst defense in the league that lost their 3 best defensive starters has allowed less points than the best defense in the league. Can you fill in the blanks.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
The Hawks D did not look sharp. Too many penalties and broken coverage's on 3rd down to keep the Chargers drives alive. Not sure why we did not get Lynch and the running game going? Guess that’s hard when we don’t have the ball. This loss should re-ignite the fire. We’ll do better next week against Denver.

It was disappointing to see Sherman’s poor sportsmanship by refusing interviews after the game. I support his brashness and smack talk but if you’re going to be that type of personality then sometimes you have to humble yourself and suck it up on the bad days. Bad decision on his part IMO.

At least we didn’t have 4 turnovers by our quarterback. Nice head phones though….
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Terrible sunday for the Hawks. You have to put this one on the defense. They could not get off the field. Our offense still looked great but just didn't have any opportunities, until the very end and the Chargers shut them down. Congrats San Diego, that will be the biggest win you'll have all year. Gates made some amazing catches and Rivers played a great game.

How many Santa Clara fans were just chomping at the bit to get on here and talk smack. Too bad your home away from home opener was so embarrassing. Anyone who thinks Kap makes good QB decisions should watch that game.

Now that the Hawks have been humbled a bit and the press will start doubting them again, that chip on their shoulder will be a boulder. Look out Broncos.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
You say the offense looked great? Your boy Russell couldn't get it done when it counted.Why didn't they run Lynch? How come the receivers dropped so many passes? Looked more like the offense choked rather than performed well. 49ERS fans can still talk smack. You don't have to win to talk smack. I'm a perfect example I've been talking smack for years and the Cowboys haven't won anything meaningful for years.Get used to the smack talk, you guys have been gloating long enough. You've earned a little Smack retribution. LOL.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
Amen, Robert. Well said.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2014, 10:57 AM Reply   
HAHAHA bring on the smack "Seahawks #1 Fan". Not the best game for the Hawks all around but when the Bolts have the ball for 42 minutes it's hard to blame the offense. Not sure why they didn't run Lynch more probably because they needed to score quickly? It was really bugging me that the best player on your team isn't getting the ball more and he's averaging 6 yards per carry. Feed the beast!!

After yesterday Santa Clara and Seattle look very beatable. I'm sure both teams will turn it around next Sunday, but I won't be upset if Santa Clara doesn't.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-15-2014, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone who thinks Kap makes good QB decisions should watch that game.
KAP was throwing into coverage. The fumbles and the interceptions need to stop.

But, refs really ruined that game. There was a ticky-tacky call every other play. This has to stop too.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
^^LOL!! Says the same guy that complains about the Hawks "grabbing" & "holding" too much. Now that the NFL is calling it on Santa Clara it's ticky-tacky??

Krap, I mean Kap was making bad throws. If the first read isn't there and he can't run, he throws a bad ball. Any other good QB would have made a 2nd string rookie DB look like a fool, but not Kap, he threw him two INTs. Why he doesn't run more I'll never understand. The guy takes fours strides and it's a 1st down.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
HAHAHA bring on the smack "Seahawks #1 Fan". Not the best game for the Hawks all around but when the Bolts have the ball for 42 minutes it's hard to blame the offense. Not sure why they didn't run Lynch more probably because they needed to score quickly? It was really bugging me that the best player on your team isn't getting the ball more and he's averaging 6 yards per carry. Feed the beast!!

After yesterday Santa Clara and Seattle look very beatable. I'm sure both teams will turn it around next Sunday, but I won't be upset if Santa Clara doesn't.
Yes they both looked beatable but for different reasons. SF's QB was the reason they lost. Seattle on the other hand, sucked uniformly as a team. You can't pin the blame on just one person for Seattle like you can the Niners. I'm speaking relatively here.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
The Broncos defense only worked when it needed to prevent them from scoring the TD. That was rough to watch as Broncos fan. I still can't believe the Chief's had a 10 minute drive and they kept them from scoring. It's tough for the player's to play that long of a stint this early in the season (week 2). Sure, they should be conditioned for it but most of the starters play for about 2 quarters in the pre-season. Broncos offense wasn't quite getting the job done either, the Chief's were able to figure out some things that the Seahawks will surely use to their advantage.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes they both looked beatable but for different reasons. SF's QB was the reason they lost. Seattle on the other hand, sucked uniformly as a team. You can't pin the blame on just one person for Seattle like you can the Niners. I'm speaking relatively here.
Yeah Kap must have let Marshall catch three touchdowns, right? To be fair the Niners were playing on the road too. Santa Clara is a pretty tough place to play.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-15-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
Now we will see if Cousins can really play. He looked good yesterday but that was against a really bad Jacksonville team. RG3 might be too fragile to play in the NFL. Gonna have to wait another year.The saga continues with the Skins.

Man, the NFC East might be even worse this year than last year.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 2:32 PM Reply   
I would rather have a good team that had a bad day than have a good team with a Krappy QB. 9ers problem seems harder to fix by next week than the Hawks. Harbaugh knows this and looked lost at the post game press conference.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
At least I got you guys talking.LOL
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2014, 3:07 PM Reply   
Was the 49ers offensive line even playing in last night's game?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
Now we will see if Cousins can really play. He looked good yesterday but that was against a really bad Jacksonville team. RG3 might be too fragile to play in the NFL. Gonna have to wait another year.The saga continues with the Skins.

Man, the NFC East might be even worse this year than last year.
RGME is made of porcelain. I think his bobble head figurine has a cast too. Good luck to Cousins. Pocket passer is what Gruden wants for the scheme.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Was the 49ers offensive line even playing in last night's game?
Yes, they gave Krap plenty of time to throw those picks. You see how long he held onto it for some of the plays. I would call a couple of them coverage sacks but we all know Kap only stares at one read
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah Kap must have let Marshall catch three touchdowns, right? To be fair the Niners were playing on the road too. Santa Clara is a pretty tough place to play.
LOL. Why do you chicken fans bring up the new location of the Niner's stadium like it's something to be embarrassed about? I don't get it. They're 1/2 hour away from their old stadium. It's not like they moved to Stockton, Richmond, Oakland or some other hell hole of a city. Not all NFL teams play in the exact city their name says they're from. The Jets even play in a different state. Who cares?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 4:54 PM Reply   
As a Seahawks fan I think the new 49ers stadium looks good. Supposed to be state of the art for tech and convenience right? Levi's sponsorship is a perfect fit with the team and it's origins.

It's just too bad they couldn't have played at Stanford or somewhere for a couple of years to demo and built a new Stick. It would have preserved more tradition which is important to football fans.

AND, since the 49'ers haven't won anything in decades and constantly refer back to trophies from heroes of a bygone era; tradition is about all you've got to hang onto....

I had to get some smack in there. Seriously though nice stadium.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
I don't think the new Santa Clara 49ers stadium is something to be embarrassed about, their play last night however...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2014, 6:06 PM Reply   
Rough game yesterday. The defense looked slow and lethargic. Partially due to the heat but largely because they simply couldn't get off the field. I was completely fine with how the offense played. They did very well with the little time they had. In the end we had four chances at turnovers that all went San Diegos way. They had a good game plan and excicuted it. Its one loss and at the send of the day we all know were gonna have a few. Now let's hope it lights a fire under their ass to destroy Denver again.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2014, 8:41 PM Reply   
Unbelievable calls and no calls in the Colts Eagles game. The Refs obviously got "the call" to make philly a surprise winner.Even Trent Dilfer and Ray Lewis saw the blatant bad calls.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
As a Seahawks fan I think the new 49ers stadium looks good. Supposed to be state of the art for tech and convenience right? Levi's sponsorship is a perfect fit with the team and it's origins.

It's just too bad they couldn't have played at Stanford or somewhere for a couple of years to demo and built a new Stick. It would have preserved more tradition which is important to football fans.

AND, since the 49'ers haven't won anything in decades and constantly refer back to trophies from heroes of a bygone era; tradition is about all you've got to hang onto....

I had to get some smack in there. Seriously though nice stadium.
Haven't won anything in decades??? Says the guy whose team has sucked for four decades straight and only last year won their first SB*. "Constantly referring back to trophies"? Maybe you're sensitive to anyone reciting actual history since your team doesn't have any-other than being a whipping post for the rest of the NFL throughout 90% of it's history. Why don't you compare records over the last 3-5 years?

Every dog has their day. Enjoy your 15 minutes and be gracious in doing so. That way, the rest of the country won't have a reason to hate your big mouthed players and it's incessantly big mouthed, gloating, low-self-esteemed fans so much like they do now.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-16-2014, 5:08 AM Reply   
X2
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-16-2014, 5:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Haven't won anything in decades??? Says the guy whose team has sucked for four decades straight and only last year won their first SB*. "Constantly referring back to trophies"? Maybe you're sensitive to anyone reciting actual history since your team doesn't have any-other than being a whipping post for the rest of the NFL throughout 90% of it's history. Why don't you compare records over the last 3-5 years?

Every dog has their day. Enjoy your 15 minutes and be gracious in doing so. That way, the rest of the country won't have a reason to hate your big mouthed players and it's incessantly big mouthed, gloating, low-self-esteemed fans so much like they do now.
Pretty sensitive. Guess I hit a nerve. Throwing out the hate. I win!!

Don't worry you'll eventually get a win at home. Err.. I mean I Santa Clara.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2014, 7:07 AM Reply   
Big mouth players? Plural? Please name more than one so called big mouth.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2014, 7:10 AM Reply   
Last 3-5 years? Why don't we look at SF versus Seattles record since we joined the NFC West.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-16-2014, 7:15 AM Reply   
Chiefs are 32-18 all time vs Seattle. They were the whipping post of the AFC too.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2014, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Chiefs are 32-18 all time vs Seattle. They were the whipping post of the AFC too.
Yep.... Wonder how many current Seattle fans were rocking Zorn, Largent, Easley, Warner ect. jerseys in the day.
Old    bigdtx            09-16-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
May I introduce you to the Dallas Cowboys? At least SF got to the playoffs & Superbowl.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-16-2014, 8:05 AM Reply   
Head to head, all time..... Seahawks 16-15 vs 49ers. Plus they tend to give them a thorough ass whoopin, with 9 wins of 20 plus points compared to the 49er's 2.

The Seahawks were a struggling expansion team for the years when the 49ers were becoming a dynasty. And they played in the AFC west and didn't see the niners very often. Since joining the Niners in the NFC west, they own the niners even more dramatically than they do when comparing all time numbers.

Whose the better franchise all time? Niners, easy. 5 Super Bowls don't lie.
This isn't NFL Franchise History Smack Talk, it's 2014 Smack Talk. Niners are fading fast, Kap ain't the answer, Harbaugh is wearing out his welcome, and they will be in a "rebuilding" phase within the next two years.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-16-2014, 10:32 AM Reply   
I see the thread title, but...

I wish this thread was less a SMACK talking thread more more a biased but civil NFL DISCUSSION thread.

I really enjoy talking football and debating real opinions but I don't appreciated the purely antagonistic and mean spirited stuff that people throw out.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post

I wish this thread was less a SMACK talking thread more more a biased but civil NFL DISCUSSION thread.

I really enjoy talking football and debating real opinions but I don't appreciated the purely antagonistic and mean spirited stuff that people throw out.
Yep.... I stop by infrequently due to that. The meaningless jibber jabber isn't football discussion, but trash talk....which I find like politics, not something I want to generally jump into....save for a little jab, here and there.

In short, I agree with you....but for better or worse, interweb kokmeasuring seems to drive much of the WW non-wake discussion....
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-16-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
^^I'm game. What kind of civilized NFL discussion would you like to have?
I'll start: I'd say the Hawks and Saints have the best home field advantage in the NFC, now that they are both 1-1 & 0-2, what are their chances of actually having home field throughout the playoffs? It's going to be tough for the Saints to go 13-1 the rest of the way and just as hard for the Hawks to go 12-2. Assuming 13-3 gets you the best record in the NFC.

Also, why in the heck is the Bronco/Hawks game on CBS?!?! It should be primetime. I'm not saying that as a Hawks fan just as a business man. Nice work NFL.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-16-2014, 11:22 AM Reply   
My comments are in good clean fun and are no worse than the smack talk my friends and I give each other over our teams. Trust me I will be the recipient of this in a big way next time the Hawks lose and the Niners win or whoever else.

. Couple of you guys should start the "Please don't hurt my feelings/ Everyone gets a trophy NFL thread"

Just landed in Denver. Wearing my Hawks polo. Should be a good day.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:

. Couple of you guys should start the "Please don't hurt my feelings/ Everyone gets a trophy NFL thread"

Never had my feelings hurt over the interweb, let alone by some NFL fan talking smack. Also, though the team I cheer for has won a few trophies, I never received one....nor a ring for that matter.

Talk all the smack you like, it's just not my thing.

I get plenty of discussion related to the NFL elsewhere, WW is not where I come when I want serious discussion related to it. So no need to start another thread, I still post here and there on the WW NFL thread. I'm sure I can survive, feelings intact.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
^^I'm game. What kind of civilized NFL discussion would you like to have?
I'll start: I'd say the Hawks and Saints have the best home field advantage in the NFC, now that they are both 1-1 & 0-2, what are their chances of actually having home field throughout the playoffs? It's going to be tough for the Saints to go 13-1 the rest of the way and just as hard for the Hawks to go 12-2. Assuming 13-3 gets you the best record in the NFC.

Also, why in the heck is the Bronco/Hawks game on CBS?!?! It should be primetime. I'm not saying that as a Hawks fan just as a business man. Nice work NFL.
I think the 'Hawks aren't hurt much by last week... Everyone expected them to lose a few road games, just maybe not this early. Saints lose first 2 on the road, that isn't/wasn't expected.

If the Saints are in panic mode, the Colts need to be crapping their pants.

Not feeling great about the Broncos being 2-0, when both games were close and both teams are now 0-2.... Though Sunday isn't make or break, their D better show up better than week 1&2....or could be a long day. Lynch may have a field day...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-16-2014, 2:21 PM Reply   
I think the Colts got ripped off by the referee's bad calls.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-16-2014, 2:47 PM Reply   
Could Arizona be the sleeping giant in the NFC? They finished strong last half of last year and look good so far this year.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2014, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
My comments are in good clean fun and are no worse than the smack talk my friends and I give each other over our teams. Trust me I will be the recipient of this in a big way next time the Hawks lose and the Niners win or whoever else.

Just landed in Denver. Wearing my Hawks polo. Should be a good day.
LOL! I especially like the "everyone gets a trophy" and the fact that you're wearing hawks stuff in Denver. My nephew is at disneyworld and just told me he's wearing his stuff there too. And yes. You will be catching crap the next time the hawks lose. That's why we're here right?

I hope no one takes the jibberish I put out there as anything other than what this thread's original intent was for. I will admit I tend to get my panties in a bunch when all I hear are hawks fans gloating. Someone has to attempt to humble them. Especially since they're so darn good. C-c-can we all get along?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-16-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
Took a lot of crap in Denver today but it looks like we will be opening a new office here by year end. Went to a great place called the View House in Englewood for lunch. I recommend you try it. Bringing a group of 6 clients back for the Hawks game. Should be fun. Their all Donkey fans.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:

Whoa there!

I started this thread years ago for the very purpose of SMACK TALKING. If anyone has an issue with the lack of civil discussion you can simply pack up and leave. This thread is about jabbing, poking, inflating and exagerated chest thumping. I created it because I got tired of threads that based the discussion on fantasy leauge results and boring stats. I have no interest in toning this thread down or turning it into a civil conversation...

As for the Hawks performance Sunday, it sucked. I won't try to defend their perfomance but I will say that anyone who thinks they will see a repeat this weekend is going to have a huge moment of clarity coming. We needed to get punched in the gut with a wake up call like that. Pete and co. are going to take that game and build off of it both emotionally and from a stratigic standpoint. One road loss to an AFC team will have little effect on our season so I hope the Hawk haters enjoyed it because there will be very few weekends that you'll see our team perform down to that level this season.

Last edited by seattle; 09-17-2014 at 8:13 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-17-2014, 12:56 PM Reply   
Manning and Denver received the same "punch in the gut" at the SB. Denver wins by double digits on Sunday.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2014, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Whoa there!

I started this thread years ago for the very purpose of SMACK TALKING. If anyone has an issue with the lack of civil discussion you can simply pack up and leave. This thread is about jabbing, poking, inflating and exagerated chest thumping. I created it because I got tired of threads that based the discussion on fantasy leauge results and boring stats. I have no interest in toning this thread down or turning it into a civil conversation...

As for the Hawks performance Sunday, it sucked. I won't try to defend their perfomance but I will say that anyone who thinks they will see a repeat this weekend is going to have a huge moment of clarity coming. We needed to get punched in the gut with a wake up call like that. Pete and co. are going to take that game and build off of it both emotionally and from a stratigic standpoint. One road loss to an AFC team will have little effect on our season so I hope the Hawk haters enjoyed it because there will be very few weekends that you'll see our team perform down to that level this season.
This makes me laugh. Turning what he wants to happen into what is going to happen as a statement of fact.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2014, 6:36 PM Reply   
That's better... Now we're getting back on track.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-17-2014, 7:46 PM Reply   
Rams are tied with the Seachickens for last place in the NFC West, but I think we'll pull ahead of them this weekend! Why? Because Seachickens suck and Rams rule!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-17-2014, 8:37 PM Reply   
The Rams suck under Hill and now AZ is gonna be without there best option (but he still sux and should kill himself) quarterback. So back to mediocrity for them and we all know that the SC 40 whiners are on a downward spiral this year. It's the Hawks division and its not even close. See whichever AFC team is ready to get bitch slapped again in the SB next February.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2014, 11:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatboypimp View Post
This makes me laugh. Turning what he wants to happen into what is going to happen as a statement of fact.
Hey! Don't you have a honeymoon to be on? Please tell me you're not wasting your honeymoon with this drivel.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey! Don't you have a honeymoon to be on? Please tell me you're not wasting your honeymoon with this drivel.
I wish I was on my Honeymoon. A good friend of mine is getting married this Saturday so Lisa and I decided to hang around and leave after his wedding. Bad decision.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
This is interesting.......
Attached Images

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-18-2014, 12:00 PM Reply   
I'd me more interested in convictions, my guess is Santa Clara would be higher on that list.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-18-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
Wow!! Minnesota knows how to party…

I wonder what the 2013/ 14 numbers look like. Too bad the libs are going to ruin the game. I am completely against domestic violence and child abuse but the whole guilty until proven innocent/ trial by media thing is out of control in this country right now.

Anyone know the over- under on how many interceptions Krap-another-pick is going to throw.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2014, 8:02 PM Reply   
Tampa fans have got to be on suicide watch tonight...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-19-2014, 4:11 AM Reply   
Wow! Exciting game last night! 56-14 , now that's a ass whipping!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-19-2014, 5:27 AM Reply   
This week's picks

Sunday @ 1:00

TB @ ATL - I'll take Atlanta lol
SD @ BUF - The Bills at home
TEN @ CIN- The Bengal are the more balanced team. Bengal win.
BAL @ CLE - Tough pick but I'll take the Ravens on the road.
GB @ DET - The LIONS at home.
IND @ JAX- The Colts with a different set of referee's.
OAK@ NE - Patriots at home.
MIN @ NO - Saints at home.
HOU @ NYG - Texas on the road. With a couple of gifts from Eli.
WAS @ PHI - Redskins run all over Philly. Foles gets sacked a lot too.
DAL @ STL- Cowboys are the more complete team at this point.Murray will help the Cowboys win.

Sunday at 4:00

SF @ ARI - Cardinals continue to lead the division I predict they will win.
KC @ MIA - Dolphins at home.
DEN @ SEA - Broncos get revenge.Sherman gets embarassed.Bronco's get the Win.

Sunday at 8:30

PIT @ CAR - Panthers win at home.

Monday night @ 8:30

CHI @ NYJ - Bears win under the lights.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2014, 6:49 AM Reply   
San Fran @ Az - San Fran

Dallas @ St Louis - St Louis

Denver @ Seattle - Seattle

Don't care about the other divisions...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
We should call this the NFC East 2014 Smack Talk Thread.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'd me more interested in convictions, my guess is Santa Clara would be higher on that list.
Ooooo, low blow. Must be the PEDs that made you say that. Aren't they the illegal drug of choice in Seattle?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-19-2014, 1:19 PM Reply   
^^I'd say a "low blow" is beating a pregnant woman. How is McDonald still playing?

On to my picks...
Sunday @ 1:00

TB @ ATL - Too late, don't care, but would have taken ATL.
SD @ BUF - Chargers continue to impress
TEN @ CIN- Homefield makes the difference, Bungels.
BAL @ CLE - Browns & Hoyer make magic.
GB @ DET - Megatron goes off, Lions! GB's D is not good.
IND @ JAX- The Colts finally get a win/bye week.
OAK@ NE - Pats. Brady please throw some TDs I need you for FFL.
MIN @ NO - Saints win in the Super Dome.
HOU @ NYG - G-Men. Eli finally has a good game. It's been about 3 years now.
WAS @ PHI - Eagles by 3. If RG3 was playing I'd say Eagles in a blow out.
DAL @ STL- LOL!! The Toilet Bowl!! Rams win after 3 INTs by Romo.

Sunday at 4:00

SF @ ARI - Santa Clara gets back on track with a big road win.
KC @ MIA - KC wins.
DEN @ SEA - Hawks in another blowout. 31-10 Hawks.

Sunday at 8:30

PIT @ CAR - (Nice schedule NFL) Panthers win.

Monday night @ 8:30

CHI @ NYJ - Jets run over the Bears, with and without time outs.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2014, 2:46 PM Reply   
Duh. Ray McDonald has not been charged as yet.

Remember Colin Kaepernick's incident in Florida last spring? He was under investigation because some chick that he and others were hanging with took to many drugs and ended up in the Hospital the next morning not knowing how she got there? Well, the entire case was thrown out. Colin did absolutely nothing wrong. If this was during the season, would you think the NFL should be pulling KAP from the game? In America, we believe people are innocent until proven guilty. In the NFL, there needs to be some level of this same attitude. Lynch mobs and trial by media are very dangerous!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-19-2014, 3:17 PM Reply   
^^The Santa Clara 49ers must do things a little different than the San Francisco 49ers...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-ray-mcdonald/
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2014, 3:59 PM Reply   
LYNCH MOB BEAST MODE is dangerous.

We have....
1) allegations
2) charges
3) convictions

You are fine with the NFL slamming players based on #1.
We are both fine with the NFL slamming players based on #3.

IMO,
#1 should spawn an investigation.
#2 should spawn possible suspension.
#3 should spawn standard penalties.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-19-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
You don’t pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave. If I was these guys I would stay away from any serious relationship until my short pro football career was over considering the current climate. Most would probably have more money anyway. For every legit claim there is also some gold digger looking for a pay day.

That’s why we have due process.

But it couldn’t really happen to a better team. I love all the distractions they have. I’m calling 2 turnovers for Krap-I –stink this week.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
^^^ Only two turnovers? Well, that'll be an improvement on last week then right? We Niner fans can't take ourselves too seriously here otherwise we'll be mistaken for chicken fans.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-19-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
The Sea Chicken fans are hoping they don't lay another egg this week.Denvers D might not be that good but they're better than they were last year. Seattle's offense hasn't impressed me this year either. I really think Arizona is the best team in the NFC West right now. They will most likely win their division.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-20-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
LYNCH MOB BEAST MODE is dangerous.

We have....
1) allegations
2) charges
3) convictions

You are fine with the NFL slamming players based on #1.
We are both fine with the NFL slamming players based on #3.

IMO,
#1 should spawn an investigation.
#2 should spawn possible suspension.
#3 should spawn standard penalties.
So you think Ray Rice should be playing then?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-20-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
Huh? Ray rice is in class #3. The criminal system did their thing. The NFL should do their thing.

The DA did not push the criminal case hard because the victim is Ray's new wife who would be fighting a conviction all of the way. Thus, the plea.

The NFL should slam him per their policies/rules. And, I they have every right to change/correct their judgement. So, bumping Ray's suspension from 2 games to many more games or a full season would be a fine correction. With Aldon Smith getting 9 games for a DUI/WEAPONS/BOMB crap, I would think Ray Rice should be out a full season for knocking out his fiance.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-20-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
Was Ray Rice convicted? That is news to me.

Honestly, the NFL right now is so screwed up with all these arrests/investigations that if you have a player on your team that is arrested it's probably best to sit him till the situation is clear. The fact that the police have been involved in two separate incidents between Ray Mcdonald and his wife leads me to believe there is something going on.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2014, 3:44 AM Reply   
The NFL has some players that think they're above the law, but let's not forget the majority of players do obey the law.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2014, 5:04 PM Reply   
Not even Manning magic can beat us!

Sorry boys, Hawks fans will be dominating the thread again this week.