Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Werky1090)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-05-2014, 11:24 AM Reply   
Does anyone know how to shorten the rope at the cable when riding doubles like thisName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415215424.956503.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  149.4 KB
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-05-2014, 5:29 PM Reply   
Not sure about full size cable, but I know on some system 2.0 if you ask the operator they can shorten it. Basically what I'm saying is that I believe the operator has to do it and you can't do it yourself while riding
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-05-2014, 7:15 PM Reply   
Basically tie a loop in the rope that is an inch longer than the distance from your knot to the handle, undo the handle and insert the loop, then put the handle back together again. You may get in trouble for doing it at a park so speak to the operator first.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-06-2014, 6:21 AM Reply   
Pretty sure the operator would kick you to the curb for doing that.
Old     (Werky1090)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-06-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
I'm really good with the operators so i wouldn't get in trouble but they don't know how to do this either and they said if i found out how i could do it
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-06-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
I think he's in another country ... where ... personal injury lawyers haven't prowled so widely as to make cities take down gym equipment in parks.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-06-2014, 5:08 PM Reply   
I might be able to get an operator to allow me to do that if the cable is empty and nobody else around. Instant Indian line. Would be awesome for air tricks.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-07-2014, 10:16 PM Reply   
Riding doubles needs to be saved for the private park, I/my dad/my sponsor rented out the park times. People riding doubles on the cable ruins it for everyone but those two, and it's really not that cool. Go smile and laugh with each other over some milkshakes or something.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-10-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Riding doubles needs to be saved for the private park, I/my dad/my sponsor rented out the park times. People riding doubles on the cable ruins it for everyone but those two, and it's really not that cool. Go smile and laugh with each other over some milkshakes or something.
What about people who don't have a dad and sponsor who can rent out the park? I've ridden behind people riding doubles in the past and had no more issues than when behind a kneeboarder. Doing it is lots of fun, cool to watch your mate learn new stuff and an awesome way to film.
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-10-2014, 6:15 PM Reply   
I don't see anything wrong about people riding doubles at a cable park as long as they've got good experience in riding and are able to navigate themselves in an undisruptive manner around people who fell into the water. Sure, being on the carrier behind them ain't so nice but still manageable. Only beginners trying to learn to their first few laps would be those mostly affected.

Of course, managing who's on the lines is one of the operator's responsibilities.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
If one paid the same as everyone else, they don't deserve more right to ruin everyone's water. We'll just have to disagree, riding behind someone doubling, or pretty much anywhere on the cable while someone doubles, ruins the run up water at nearly every obstacle, creates rollers in the landing area, and yanks the cable around. You are right, it is the operator's responsibility. Unfortunately, I've seen popular pro's throw fits and threaten operators when they were told they would have to wait to double, so sometimes there's some intimidating factors going on.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-11-2014, 6:34 AM Reply   
That looks like an easy knot to tie but I'd have to have a line in my hand to work it out.

edit:

OK, I think I worked it out with a wire I have.

Just tie the rope (where you see the knot at the top in the picture above) like you're going to put a regular knot in it, but don't pull it all the way through. When you do this, it creates a loop. Then pull the loop down and hook the Y in the rope around it and connect it to the handle.

As others stated, be courteous to other riders and don't do this on a busy day.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 11-11-2014 at 6:44 AM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-11-2014, 6:48 AM Reply   
can't edit anymore.

like this, except you want the loose end to be on the opposite side of the knot.

Old     (Werky1090)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-13-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
Thx every one. Plus We don't ride doubles when its busy.