Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-26-2014, 9:57 PM Reply   
http://www.southerninflatables.net/a...ng-liquid-rail

i know most of the guys out there will probably think this is weak, but on our lake where the water fluctuates so much and the banks are steeper this is about the only thing i can see working.. I have a rave ramp slider thats pretty fun to hit every now and then but its a pain in the ass to set up. This seems like it would be better since the sliding surface is a little larger and also inflates vs having to lug pvc pipes around and would be easier to store on a houseboat etc.. Hopefully they aren't an arm in a leg like the rave ones were if they ever come out
Attached Images

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-27-2014, 7:29 AM Reply   
looks fun!
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-27-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
I just requested info on them.. if they are reasonably priced would be great for kids to learn on at the cable
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-27-2014, 12:18 PM Reply   
I haven't seen those before, but for the situation your describing, they seem like they'd work good for you. How they work in practice remains to be seen, but I don't see why not from what you posted.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-27-2014, 12:41 PM Reply   
RAVE used to make something like this and it was terrible. Great idea but the problem is with the inflation as it never stayed properly inflated so some spots on the rail were soft and it was incredibly hard to anchor to a point where it wouldn't move at all when you hit the slider. Just food for thought. There's some good threads on here about building sliders with 50 gallon drums. The drums would solve the water flucuation problem and would be much easier to really anchor down solid.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-27-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
The Rave one did suck.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-27-2014, 2:14 PM Reply   
That 50 gallon drum idea sounds legit, more durable, and probably easier to use. I saw a video on here last summer about some guys who built a kicker using 50 gallon drums to float it. It worked pretty good IIRC.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-27-2014, 5:22 PM Reply   
The barrels solve that but they don't solve being on a public lake and being a pain in the ass to take home at the end of the day. You can't leave them or the rangers take em. I have a rave and like it its a lot of fun for what it is
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-27-2014, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
I just requested info on them.. if they are reasonably priced would be great for kids to learn on at the cable
did you hear anything back from them? i sent a request as well a few weeks ago but still haven't heard anything..
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2014, 11:51 PM Reply   
I'm sure this is going to be more expensive than the Rave. It looks much better though
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-28-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Nothing yet, but it's only been a day. I requested info from my cable park email address so I would hope they take the request seriously
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-28-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Also says they have a ballast system so if it's something that hangs off the bottom or a chamber to sink part of the rail it might be ok.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-31-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
Well I got pricing back... 23ft table top is £5,495 which is about $9121 and the 36ft a frame is £6995 which is about $11,611 in dollars. What a great idea but I'd never be willing to drop that kind of money on one.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-31-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
$9,000!?
Attached Images

Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-31-2014, 9:59 AM Reply   
I never got an email but wow... I was thinking a few thousand maybe. Not sure where the market would be considering what you could build/get built for less than that.. and make it double the length.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-31-2014, 1:26 PM Reply   
No wonder I've never seen one...

You can probably buy Unit features for that price.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-31-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
HOLY HELL! I bet they dont sell 1! Those old Rave Rails were only like $3500 and as I recall you could get a 60 foot one.
Old    DanielPeyton            04-02-2014, 12:10 AM Reply   
round-trip transportation to and from sans Diego and she want to international airports and hotel motel booking services on both sides of the u_s_-mexico border correct nutrition being one of the pillars of our treatment for Raspberry Ultra Dropsus a p we operated award-winning kitchen and tastefully appointed dining nutritional management with knowledge in care loving personnel who worked with the best ingredients inspiration and excellent.