Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2019, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by womble2womble View Post
Triggered!!!!
Your not very good at this, your supposed to taunt someone with "triggered" after they rage post you. Try to keep up.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2019, 3:44 PM Reply   
Another today in Texas. Shooter was angry white dude, *checks notes for proper response* Thoughts and Prayers.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-04-2019, 2:49 AM Reply   
Ralph is correct on that. I am pro gun but seeing what you can buy off armslist is pretty crazy.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-04-2019, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Ralph is correct on that. I am pro gun but seeing what you can buy off armslist is pretty crazy.
Try to get one of the sellers to go out side of the law to sell that weapon. None will
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-04-2019, 6:50 AM Reply   
I can't speak for every state but here in KS you can buy and sell guns by private party all day long. I sold my AR 10 on armslist. I was worried about it too so I contacted the sheriff to see if I needed to do anything special. He said no. So unless you know the person buying it, or they straight up tell you they are a felon you did not"Knowingly" sell to a felon.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-04-2019, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
I can't speak for every state but here in KS you can buy and sell guns by private party all day long. I sold my AR 10 on armslist. I was worried about it too so I contacted the sheriff to see if I needed to do anything special. He said no. So unless you know the person buying it, or they straight up tell you they are a felon you did not"Knowingly" sell to a felon.
And without paperwork, you did knowingly sell. Or at the min didn't exercise caution & in todays political climate only an idiot wouldn't want proof & CYA. Those laws are coming to every state sooner than later. It's one law I completely agree with. As a buyer how do you know you're not buying a stolen gun that was already used in a crime?

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 09-04-2019 at 7:56 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2019, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
As a buyer how do you know you're not buying a stolen gun that was already used in a crime?

You might know a gun is stolen if it has been reported as such.

But how would you know whether the gun had been used in the commission of a crime?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-04-2019, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You might know a gun is stolen if it has been reported as such.

But how would you know whether the gun had been used in the commission of a crime?
I would think as a buyer you would want to document the date of purchase somehow. Years ago a friend was buying a lot of guns off AL. I went with him to meet on one. It was a pretty shady deal.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-04-2019, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
And without paperwork, you did knowingly sell. Or at the min didn't exercise caution & in todays political climate only an idiot wouldn't want proof & CYA. Those laws are coming to every state sooner than later. It's one law I completely agree with. As a buyer how do you know you're not buying a stolen gun that was already used in a crime?
No you didn't if you were not aware they were a felon. That would be very difficult to prove in a court of law.(not public opinion). You really wouldn't know.

Listen I am not advocating for this. I am actually against it but its out there and perfectly legal.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-04-2019, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
No you didn't if you were not aware they were a felon. That would be very difficult to prove in a court of law.(not public opinion). You really wouldn't know.

Listen I am not advocating for this. I am actually against it but its out there and perfectly legal.
No I know where you stand & you're correct, it is legal in some states & there are always some buyers who won't check but in my experience the vast majority of responsible gun owners go above to cover their own butts. Interesting to me we're debating this topic & almost all agree that is one loop hole to be closed but not one of these shootings that I know where a weapon purchased from a private party?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2019, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Interesting to me we're debating this topic & almost all agree that is one loop hole to be closed but not one of these shootings that I know where a weapon purchased from a private party?

The last one?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....un-report/amp/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2019, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by womble2womble View Post
....not one of these shootings that I know where a weapon purchased from a private party?
Appears there is a lot you don't know about this topic. Number of states with back ground checks for private sales, number of mass shootings committed with private sale guns. Doesn't stop you having a strong opinion tho. LOL. Womble logic.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2019, 11:53 AM Reply   
So when you said:
Quote:
Yeah wrong again. There are approx. 20 states left that don't require private parties to do the purchase through a licensed gun store with appropriate background checks.
What you actually meant was:
Quote:
almost all agree that is one loop hole to be closed
How do you not give yourself concussion every time you sit down?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-05-2019, 1:22 AM Reply   
" Interesting to me we're debating this topic & almost all agree that is one loop hole to be closed "

We were simply having a discussion. Not everything needs to be debated/argued over.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-05-2019, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not everything needs to be debated/argued over.
Yes it does!

Srsly -- it's nice to see reasonable people come to agreement from time to time.

(oops, my bad, forgive me for quoting that line from the communist manifesto)
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2019, 4:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes it does!

Srsly -- it's nice to see reasonable people come to agreement from time to time.

(oops, my bad, forgive me for quoting that line from the communist manifesto)
There is no agreement. California already has the private party sales checks in place. Have for a few decades. Wasn't there 2 mass shooting here the last few years? This "agreement" is just another shovel full of dirt to help make the slope a little more sloppy and slippery. It would not be the end of the debate and the left trying to erode our rights..
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-06-2019, 5:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
There is no agreement. California already has the private party sales checks in place. Have for a few decades. Wasn't there 2 mass shooting here the last few years? This "agreement" is just another shovel full of dirt to help make the slope a little more sloppy and slippery. It would not be the end of the debate and the left trying to erode our rights..
I mean you do have to admit that you argue it both ways tho right? On the one hand you argue that we already have these checks in place but crime still happens and on the other hand you argue that the checks are ineffective because the next jurisdiction over doesn't have them.

If all jurisdictions regulated private party sales to the level where you live, wouldn't that prevent some guns from getting into the hands of some criminals?

Sure, "when private party gun sales are outlawed, only outlaws will sell guns private party," but that's true of all criminal activity, right? It at least keeps the law abiding citizen from unwittingly participating in a transaction with someone whose criminal background could've been revealed from a background check. I'm sure you'd agree that keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is a good thing?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2019, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
I mean you do have to admit that you argue it both ways tho right? On the one hand you argue that we already have these checks in place but crime still happens and on the other hand you argue that the checks are ineffective because the next jurisdiction over doesn't have them.

If all jurisdictions regulated private party sales to the level where you live, wouldn't that prevent some guns from getting into the hands of some criminals?

Sure, "when private party gun sales are outlawed, only outlaws will sell guns private party," but that's true of all criminal activity, right? It at least keeps the law abiding citizen from unwittingly participating in a transaction with someone whose criminal background could've been revealed from a background check. I'm sure you'd agree that keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is a good thing?
Did not argue that the next jurisdiction not having a check is anything. At the end of the day, if someone means to do others harm, the amount of regulation is not going to stop them. The guns used in the latest killings were purchased legally. A few years ago it was hand guns were the issue. Now it is the scary black rifle is the issue. It is always going to be an issue. Sounds to me if all you democrats turned in your guns, the world would be a safe place so lets start by disarming you.

Can you tell me without looking it up what is considered the gun for registration? The fact I posed the question to you should tell you something about it. Which part is the gun for a AR 15?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-12-2019, 2:58 AM Reply   
(wake77) Join Date: Jan 2009 01-12-2010, 12:37 PM Reply Quick Reply
I use an AK-47 for home defense.

Let's see that mofo get up with a full clip inside of his body.

wake77) Join Date: Jan 2009 01-12-2010, 3:43 PM Reply Quick Reply
Well...you know the ole addage, "Peace through superior firepower."

Guess girls having no interest in you changed you into a beta cuck
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       09-19-2019, 5:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
(wake77) Join Date: Jan 2009 01-12-2010, 12:37 PM Reply Quick Reply
I use an AK-47 for home defense.

Let's see that mofo get up with a full clip inside of his body.

wake77) Join Date: Jan 2009 01-12-2010, 3:43 PM Reply Quick Reply
Well...you know the ole addage, "Peace through superior firepower."
This is hilarious.

As is anyone using a 30cal (7.62x39) for 'home defense'. The energy those carry through intermediate barriers (drywall) is wayyyy too high to be using that inside a home/apartment.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       09-19-2019, 5:05 AM Reply   
Supporting data for the above statement. Fun fact, the 5.56x45/.223 fired from the dreaded assault rifle is actually one of the safest cartridges to use inside a home or apartment. Small size + high velocity = fragmentation and reduced lethality to someone on the other side of the drywall.