Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-24-2002, 9:00 PM Reply   
After trying tantrums and backrolls in a futile attempt to join the inverted ones, I gave up and tried the scarecrow, after 3 weeks of trying I finally got it,
stoked!!
p1
p2
p3
p4
Old                09-25-2002, 8:39 AM Reply   
wow I cant believe you got that beofre a roll or tantrum. nice!!
I just started sticking tantrums and was wondering what the next invert I should start working on is. any tips?
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-25-2002, 1:53 PM Reply   
sean
I find I just cut out a fair way, then build up speed out wide (similar to tantrum) at the wake flatten off a little, at top just push with your toes and dip you right (for natural or left for goofy) shoulder, the theories is simillar to tantrum where you sort of use the wake to trip the board over your head, but make sure you ride all the way to the top of wake before you push off and push up rather then across
good luck mate
stew
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2002, 6:22 AM Reply   
Thats sick mate, good job.

Old                09-26-2002, 8:08 AM Reply   
thanks stew I'm gonna give it a shot.
-Sean
Old                09-26-2002, 8:29 PM Reply   
I've been wanting to try a bacroll or a tantrum but i have a very small wake and have yet to get 5ft or a wake to wake. Whats your thoughts.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-27-2002, 10:08 AM Reply   
if you cant land a wake to wake, how are you gonna land a tantrum or a backroll????
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-27-2002, 4:35 PM Reply   
scott, mossy's right man, if you can't get w2w you not gonna get a tanty or roll, try working on your jumps and grabs

matt, nice profile pic looks big man

sean, good luck man let us know how you went
Old                09-29-2002, 8:04 PM Reply   
Well my wake is pretty far apart. Like aproximately 12ft. So i dont know if its gonna be easy to get a w2w so I figure maybe the momentum of a bcroll or tantrum might get me over but i have no clue because I havnt done any of them.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2002, 9:20 PM Reply   
scott, what bot speed and line length are you at??
Old                09-30-2002, 5:26 AM Reply   
About 19-21mph, too scared to go faster( I know I got no balls). And my rope length is about 60ft. My boat is a flat so the wake has a really weird shape. Tryin to save up for a new boat but I dont have any money. I eventually planing on getting like a cheep run about i/o(bayliner' proline etc...), you know just something cheap that runs so i can weigh the piss out of it. Anyway then I plan to make a home made pylon or something and maybe get one of those fat sac seats. BUt even just for something like that I'm goin to have to save for a couple of yrs. Anyways I almost hae my w2w heelside but I dont get alot of air. So I figured I could try like a no air invert. I figure if its possible to do a bel air than I could dfinately do it with just a litle bit of a wake if I tried. BUt like I said before I'm a newbie and have like no experience except with a couple of 1w 180's and indy grabs and stuff. So i was just wondering if i could mix it up a bit. O well I guess I'll just have to keep trying. Thanx for the advice.
Old                10-07-2002, 10:58 AM Reply   
Hey Man getting your speed up just takes time I'm up to 23 on my boat (Every boat is diff) for the longest time I rode @ 17 and was bearly clearing the wake once you start to ride faster you'll get the feel for it, I've gone W2W behind my boat and the wake is pretty wide also, I can go W2W easy behind Wakeboarding boats, just remember progressive edge and you'll make it across from only 5-10ft out.

Yo I'm planing on trying an invert possibly a back roll, whatever I do is gunna be H/S since I have the best skills on H/S what should I try I don't have a tower or pylon, and not much hangtime what would you suggest?

thanks!

-Matt
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-07-2002, 5:33 PM Reply   
Matt prob try a tantrum, just make sure you ride to the top of the wake before throwing it, just cut hard at bottom of wake let go with back hand, board should become parallel to wake, at top of wake tilt head back (look straight over top not to either side) then give a little push with your toes, the speed from cutting in should trip the board over your head
Old                10-07-2002, 8:05 PM Reply   
ok I don't quite get it I'll look one up in the trick tips.

-Matt
Old                10-07-2002, 8:37 PM Reply   
I'm not sure but the last time I checked the majority of the boarders out there tend to think th roll is easier. Thats what I'm gonna try(eventually). But I could be wrong.
Old                11-12-2002, 7:35 PM Reply   
nice stewart I too also just picked up my crow a few days ago.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-12-2002, 8:10 PM Reply   
Scott, I too have a wide wake. My boat is a 23' rinker. I normally have my rope 65' to 70' (depending on the chop) and we can get W2W. I took us a while, but eventually got it.

I'm just now trying ts backroll. Nearly hit it today. Hit the wake right and made it around...with the handle for once and nearly rode away. Not much longer Im thinking and I'll have my first invert.
Old     (btr1)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-15-2002, 11:48 AM Reply   
The backroll is considered easier than a tantrum because you simply edge up the wake and let the wake do the work. The tantrum is actually more natural feeling but the timing is harder than the roll because of the speed you need in combination with changing the edge from your heels to your toes. One piece of advice that I always give to people trying the tantrum is that when you think it is time to throw it, wait a second longer because you almost always go earlier when you are first learning them.