Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-15-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Hello new x 30 owners.

What is everyone putting on their tower?

I learned yesterday that 4 Rev 10's will not fit, so I am thinking 2 10s and 2 8s.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-15-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
It's impossible to get on and off without blasting your head with just 2 speakers... Do yourself a favor and just add 2 rev 10's
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-15-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
I have the 4 factory JL's coming on mine.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-15-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
Prepare to 1. Not swivel your boards into the boat and 2. Hit your head everytime you go to the swim deck or 3. Contort into all kinds of weird positions getting on and off the sun pad... At least this is what is was like in a 2012 x25 with the zft4. Only thing i was disapointed with in the boat though.
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-15-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
Had the factory JL 4 pack on the recently sold X 45 and had no clearance issues.

The 30 in the showroom has no speakers mounted, thus the post.

The factory mount points appear to be closer.
Old     (smiller)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-15-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
I went with exile audio, for that reason.. I'm pretty happy with them..
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-15-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
The new tower is ALOT farther back than the old one, hence the issues I had on the 25, like I said nice boat with a cool looking tower but damn was I disappointed with those 3 things.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-16-2012, 7:57 AM Reply   
mike,

You can fit 4 REV 10, however you cannot fit them using the MC adapters in the factory locations. As they moved them closer together. So you can put a pair of REV 10 using the clamps on the pipe. And another set on the factory adapters. Or the other set on clamps and not use the factory "disc" mounts at all. We have had a lot of guys do this when running PRO 485 and now with the new REV 410.\ Some have added little led pods to the disc mounts for some down lights to re purpose them and not have it look like something is missing.

You can fit 4 REV 8 with MC adapters all in the factory locations. The REV 8 is the smallest true 8 inch HLCD on the market so if you are worried about headroom, i would go that route. Using a REV 8X mount direct bolted to the MC Adapters and you will be nice and close up to the tower.

You can also use the REV 8 SC swivel clamps and take the removable bases off and bolt those to the MC Adapters and have all 4 with full swivel and quick disconnect if you want that option.

You mention REV 10 so it sounds like you want the loudest set up you can get. But we also have the ICON 8 surf speaker. It is the same size as the REV 8 and all fitment options apply to those as well.

Tim
Wet Sounds

I am not 100% sure on REV 10 and REV 8 fitment but you can shoot me an email at twhite@wetsounds.com and we can take a look at measurements and see what would work for you.
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-16-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
Hello Tim,

I understand my dealer is working with your team. My desire is to use the stock mounts. The recommendation is for 2 10's on the outside and 2 8's on the inside.

I am trying to clarify the clearance issue with my dealer. Any comment on the proposed configuration (clearance/sound performance of the pairing)?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-16-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Mike,

i usually try to match the same size drivers as it is easier to power when two pairs of REV 8 for instance. And you dont under power the REV 10 or over power the REV 8 trying to keep up with the REV 10. however in some instances like yours, 10 and 8 work well as the fitment becomes priority. On some of the Tige towers, many use the REV 10 and REV 8 combo for the look and hang height on the Alpha Z tower and are very happy with it. If you do a single SYN-2, you would be very happy although leaving a lot of potential on the REV 10 for power. If you did a SYN-4 on the REV 10 and SYN-2 on the REV 8, the 10's will play louder and lower, however as mentioned you can still run that route too. The REV 8 and REV 10 are timbre matched so sound signature is similar with the 10's playing lower and louder as they have a larger housing and larger cone.

I am not sure about the fitment just yet but if your dealer is working with my office, i am sure they can measure on the tower with the dim's off our site and see if it will work.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-19-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Any further comments of pictures on X30 stereo/tower installs? Will be picking mine up in next few weeks and debating tower choices (nothing from factory ordered). Had Rev8's on last boat due to head clearance, but was really wanting Rev10s (2 vs. 4?). Not sure how much room there will be or headroom when installed. ZFT4 tower option on boat.

Really appreciate any feedback from X30 owners.
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-08-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
The Rev 10's are huge on this tower. I have seen them mouned on the top, which I really didn't care for. The 4 Rev 8's I have still require you to duck when entering from the rear as the tower is much farther back in the boat.
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-08-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Pic
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-08-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
Here are a few X30 setups from the guys at Hydrotunes...
Attached Images

Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-08-2013, 2:36 PM Reply   
What is up with the outer brackets? those look like factory, but are those aftermarket welds or is that special order? (the 6 speaker setups)
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-08-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
I am running 4 Rev8s on my X45 and do not requre me to duck at any point and I have full function of the board racks. They are plently loud enough for me to hear while riding and crystal clear.
Attached Images