Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-12-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
Any recomendations other than stereo king?? work is super busy so I am thinking about having my system installed. If the king is the only option I guess I will just have to make time and do it all my self. I have all the gear just need a good installer
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-12-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have always used Jason at Kingpin Car and Marine Audio, he has done two full builds for me and just did my SA build. He has an amazing facility and does some extremely nice work. He also just did a Bit Ten processor in mine you should talk to him about that pretty cool technology in the boats. Mine should be back in there next week for some final touches before spring he is going to clear bra my whole trailer and top deck of the boat to protect it from scratches. And Jason is also a big supporter of Wake the World ..... Cant say enough great thing about him and his crew I would highly recommend them.

Last edited by Shane10p; 04-12-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-12-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
Why not have your dealer install it? They do very nice work.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-12-2014, 3:44 PM Reply   
For the same reason you wouldn't have your optometrist adjust your back .... Both doctors but different fields go see someone who does it for a career and knows what they are doing no matter where you take your brand new boat.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-12-2014, 5:28 PM Reply   
Shane if you don't mind what did you have done and how much $$ did it run you??
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-12-2014, 7:46 PM Reply   
Why not Stereo King?
Just curious
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-12-2014, 8:42 PM Reply   
Russ I have never seen a system they did that I liked. My friend bought a new 226 same time I did and had stereo king do his system. He just picked it up and he gets a super bad pop in the tower speakers when he turns his heat on. Another friend of mine had them do a system in his moomba last year and has had a hissing in the speakers from day one. If I am going to pay someone to do the install I want it done right the first time
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-12-2014, 11:01 PM Reply   
I have bought a ton of gear from them but have always done my own installs. My buddy is having them upgrade his system in his Z3 right now actually.. Hope it turns out ok.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2014, 5:18 AM Reply   
Russ I to have always done my own installs but work is super busy so I am thinking about having it done
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-13-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
Roger that Harold - time vs money I definitely get that lol..

Good luck!!
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-13-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
Harold , I had Kingpin do all new components, towers , and subs and box. His shop rate is right around $90 and hour but don't quote me on that. I have always ran Hertz components I think they sound great and really take a beating. For components I'm using the Hi-Enegy line, and amps I'm using the Hertz HCP-4 and HCP-5. For subs I am running 2 Hertz 12s in a ported box and towers I'm running Two sets of SXT9s from Exile. I'm also using the Audison bit ten processor with is really cool and has made a huge difference in the overall sound of the system. Just curious why did you decide to go with Wetsounds vs Exile ? Especially with Exile in our own backyard ? If you haven't heard the new surf 9s they are worth a listen.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-14-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
Shops in PDX ----

King Pin is going to be the best on a custom install. Their technical resources are very wide reaching. I will say that Jason (the owner), doesn't like to work on projects when people walk in the front door with gear. If you do want to go that route --- I'd have shane make a call for you.

Stereo King - recently lost their long time marine installer. Not sure if they have replaced him.

NBA Stereo- Located in Vancouver. they have good skills as well. Might be a good option if you could drive across the river. Jorge is the owner

Sound Choice - they do decent work. Not a lot of boats, but might be worth a call. Rich Clapp is the owner

Mobile West - I like this shop. They do high end work and want to do more marine. Big install bay. Peter is the owner and a great guy.

If you've done your own installs, I'd probably recommend you do yours again this time. Install cost on a custom system will cost a pretty penny. Regardless of the brands involved, I'm happy to give you some tuning tips / advice or RTA the system at the Exile offices in Lake Oswego. Always happy to help out locals.

-Brian
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-14-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
Just take it to Car Toys!!!!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-14-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
Thanks Brian decided to just do it myself
Old    Paxdad            04-15-2014, 4:48 AM Reply   
You will be much happier.....
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-04-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
Update I could not find an installer so I did it myself. Took 3 1/2 weekends to get it done but im super stoked with the results. I had to build a custom sub box (my fist ever ) and a custom kick panel . Nothing wanted to fit and lets just say the WS XS 650's were not a drop in unit in the side pockets of the supreme 226 but in the end I am glad I made the time to do it myself. Here is a before and some after pics
Attached Images

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-04-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
Freakin beautiful!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-04-2014, 6:00 PM Reply   
Looks legit, and know you have the experience under your belt and the satisfaction of a job well done.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-04-2014, 6:37 PM Reply   
Looks sick... especially the white Revs on the white tower.

One question... why did you mount the EQ directly under the steering wheel? Won't that make it harder to operate?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-04-2014, 6:46 PM Reply   
Eq position is temporary it is going in a WS under dash mount but they are on back order
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-04-2014, 9:42 PM Reply   
Looks great!!
Nice work!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-04-2014, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Eq position is temporary it is going in a WS under dash mount but they are on back order
How many many hours do you figure it all took?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm contemplating whether or not to attempt my own system install.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-05-2014, 4:36 AM Reply   
My best guess is it took me around 72-80 hours doing the install but I had to build a custom sub box a kick panel plus grind open all the holes for the WS inboats. If you do your own install it should not take as long. The Exile inboat speakers bolt right in the Malibu and my guess is no led rings on your Exile tower speakers so that will cut some time as well. If you decide to do your own install and need some pointers Im local and work has slowed down at Intel so im back to a four ten work week.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       05-05-2014, 10:59 AM Reply   
Looks great Harold. Exile in boats needed spacers on the starboard cabin side in my V226. The rest fit tight but okay. Not a lot of depth.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
Looks Good H !! Now get some hours on that sucka! we need to take it to CFW, even if its just for cruising in the break in hours! You know we all want to see it live!!!