Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: How many sets do you do in a day?
I'm just out there for 1 good set 9 23.68%
2-3 sets 26 68.42%
4-5+ sets 0 0%
Till I can't see where I'm going! 0 0%
Till my arms can't hold the rope anymore! 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-10-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
When you guys go out to the lake, how many sets do you guys do? My wife and I are mostly self taught beginners (w2w jumps so far). We would go for a minimum of 4 hours and once or twice have been out there for a good 6+ hours. I would guess that we do atleast 5 sets a day but sometimes many more.

I've went out and rode with a couple other better wakeboarders lately and I noticed they all barely go out there! It seems like they are usually good for 2 sets or something and then they are done. Obviously their sets are way crazier (inverts and spins)... But at the end of the day I'm trying my hardest to clear the wake too, so that takes a ton of energy too.(I'm just not using perfect form so I get worse results haha) Plus I'm falling every once in a while but they don't fall at all. Also they are definitely in better aerobic shape then me. So it's not like I'm just holding up better.

Their reasoning is that they start losing power and falling... But to me that seems like part of the 'practice'? I guess I consider getting the boat out onto the lake and then cleaning it and taking it back a s a huge hassle. So once I'm on the lake I want to be on the water till I can't anymore haha.

So lets hear it. How many sets do you guys do on a day at the lake?