Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
So i was out on my boat today, and i was in neutral. then the boat shut off it didn't sputter or anything. its a 2007 xstarss with a captain crusader 6.0 the day before i ran the tank pretty much dry. The boat was working fine before this, now the boat will kinda start but it muffles out. Any suggestions?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-24-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
Just had the fuel pump replaced (a few weeks ago), it would start dying out once I got to half a tank or less. I would definitely investigate that. Since it was replaced, no issues.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-24-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Fuel pump should definitely be the first thing you look into.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
can i do that myself?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-24-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
I guess you can, but if the boat is still under warranty, I would take it in. We had fuel pump issues in the last two MC's.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
is it expensive? Are boat isn't under warranty any more.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-24-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
With labor, it was close to 800.00 at the dealer (it was still under warranty). I'm sure it is much cheaper to do it yourself, and to me it doesn't seem overly difficult. I'm sure there are a few people on here that can give you more info.