Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-04-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
Ive got a friend looking both the x35 and x45. I have heard a lot of good things about the wake on the x45 but havent heard much on the 35. He mainly wakeboards and surfs for fun. Any input on these two boats (handling, wake, quality, layout) would be great. Pics of the wake would be a huge help!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
I don't have any experience with the X35 but from what I have heard the X35 has a good wakeboard wake and is a good surf boat. The 35 should have a better rough water ride and has a deeper feeling to it. If he is ordering one he has the option of having the full wrap around or the fridge/sink. That being said the X45 is a great party boat. I have been on one when we had 22 or so people on it. You need a lot of weight to get a good surf wave. I would guess the 35 requires less ballast to get a good wakeboard or surf wake.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Kevin,
I have driven both boats a ton and prefer the X35 for wakeboarding and surfing. You do get some extra room in the X45 and the bow is bigger. Have your friend demo both. You can surf the X35 stock, but the X45 requires a little more lbs. Wakeboarding the X35 is closer to an Xstar wake than the X45.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
Thats great to hear, any pics?
Old     (brian_yow)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-05-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Agree with Darren, both are great boats and I've spent a lot of time in each. X-35 wake and surf is nice but room and space in X-45 is great and I like the walk thru sun pad. Unless you love the refrigerator option in the 35 I would personally go for the wrap around seat option to gain more seating and storage, plus the flip and fold seat in the 35 is kinda sweet.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-05-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
X-35 stock ballast and 3 men in the boat. I was test driving it.

6'9" tall rider with mediocre skills at best.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/X-35%20demo/IMG_6492-1.jpg

I like the wakeboard wake on the 35 better, but the sink was hard to get over and my budget forced me into the used market and now I have a 45.

With stock ballast and 400 pounds in the rear corner, this is my 5'9" wife surfing my X-45:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/Lake%20Powell%206-09/IMG00024.jpg

I don't think 400 pounds over stock to get a wave that strong is really much at all.

We did not surf the 35.

If I had 85K to blow on a boat, I would get the 35 without the sink and with just wrap around seating.
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-06-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
We have a 45 with the LY6 and love it. There is a ton of room and the wakes are more than adequate for our family and friends. It is true you have to weight it down a bit to get a quality surf wake (for bigger folks). One of our friends has the 35 with fridge. The biggest issue is the lack of space with that option. One other thig to consider is the observers seat that flips back and forth. That thing has pinched more little fingers that you can imagine. The bow on the 35 is also much smaller than the 45. The 35 does have much more freeboard with the deeper hull design. My buddy and I swapped boats one day just to see how they drove and I noticed the the 35 seemed a little quicker on the turns. I liked the ride of my 45 better in rougher water. With a famy of 5 the 45 fits our needs better, especially when we have a 4 or 5 kids with us. I would definitly go drive both to see for yourself.