Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-04-2017, 11:05 PM Reply   
I really can't find out much about these boats. The one I'm interested in is a 97 I believe it's the V210, 21' V drive anyway. About all I've been able to learn about them is they're narrow so are sensitive to side to side weight. Are these a decent boat? In my price range it's pretty rare to find a V drive boat which I really like the idea of. My primary use for the boat will be split between surfing and wakeboarding, can I get a decent wave out of this boat? One of the other boats I've been shopping for is an old supra sunsport but there is nothing any good anywhere within 10 hours of me. Even not being a v drive would it still be a better boat for my use if I could find one?
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       05-05-2017, 2:06 PM Reply   
I dont know much about the wake but I can tell you my buddys 2004 Supreme was kind of a pile of crap . The engine was good but the rest was pretty cheap and not built to great.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-05-2017, 5:20 PM Reply   
Dont know what your budget is...but here is a 97 Tige boat...surf and wakeboard ready for about $13k in Washington area.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...150-Surf-Ready
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-05-2017, 6:48 PM Reply   
So if supreme isn't the best quality boat then I guess the question would be if having the v drive makes up for it being a cheap boat. My budget is roughly 10 grand, the supreme is actually just a little beyond that. I did see the Tige and it's nice but closed bow. I gotta have that open bow.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-05-2017, 9:35 PM Reply   
While not relatively a huge boat mfg, they still were decent mfg . Not the top, but surely not the bottom. The V210 later beacame their wakeboard signature edition the sky supreme. Sean Murray made a career of launching huge off the Supreme wake .

Performance is ther. It's a huge deep boat for it's time. The wake has potential. The vinyl is not the best, and the Merc powerplant wasn't as bombproof and some other mfg during that period, but the boat is a solid boat , especially for a first V drive . Plenty of wakecapabilities there. If he boat is clean and priced right go for it.

More than a few threads on here about its performance

Name:  IMG_0460.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  173.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0461.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  168.3 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-05-2017 at 9:38 PM.
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-06-2017, 1:48 PM Reply   
Well I guess the search continues. Somebody else beat me to the supreme.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-06-2017, 8:14 PM Reply   
Not a loss.
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-07-2017, 9:43 AM Reply   
I have actually come across another supreme, this one a little farther from home. It's a 2001 Sky Supreme Shaun Murray edition, factory tower and ballast, upgraded stereo with tower speakers, clean with only 375 hours, and on a tandem axle trailer. I like that this boat is new enough to be fuel injected and have no wood, plus I really like the all red look. And I talked to the owner, sounds like he really took good care of the boat. This one is a direct drive though.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-09-2017, 10:33 AM Reply   
I've got a 2004 V220 and have had zero problems with it. Not sure what model the Shaun Murray Edition is, but my V220 has a great wake that isn't super wide like most of the newer boats. Gotta pull the factory ballast tanks and replace with sacs otherwise you have zero storage. Bow sac fits in great up front, and I'm running 750's in the back. It's a bit weight sensitive due to the flat transom and narrower beam, but a couple of lead wake bags usually fix it.

PM Me if you have any questions.
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-10-2017, 1:14 PM Reply   
I appreciate the help but from what I can learn I believe that's a different hull. Unless I come across something else soon I think I'll be picking up that 01 Sky Supreme. I'll just have to drive 10 hours to go get it. Bad picture but this is it here

Last edited by Mazdarx; 05-10-2017 at 1:17 PM.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Out of curiosity, what are they asking for it?
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-13-2017, 11:54 PM Reply   
He was asking 12,000 including some accessories like a wakeboard and such. But he sent me pictures of the interior the night before I was going to leave and it was not nearly as nice as I thought. The whole rear bench is all cracked and the drivers seat as well, plus heavy sun damage on the bow seat and more sun damage in other areas. He didn't really want to negotiate on the price though.
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-18-2017, 5:37 PM Reply   
Well another week has passed and he hasn't sold it yet. So now he's more willing to negotiate on price. I'm going to make the journey to go get it this weekend. It's a long weekend for me anyway.
Old     (wakechango)      Join Date: Aug 2014       05-19-2017, 7:00 AM Reply   
I have an 05 sky supreme and have been able to dial in the goofy surf wave. Haven't really tried to dial in the regular side as much. Has nice wakeboard wave. It rides nice and handles well.