Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-16-2011, 12:15 AM Reply   
Well winters coming here in saskatchewan canada and am going to be upgrading my boat stereo in my first wakeboat 06 sanger v215 with the chubby proflight tower this winter.

Come to the conclusion and found a close dealer and will be going with wetsounds equipment.
My question is:
options:
1. 3-some pkg, 1-pro485 with 2 pro 80's run with syn6 200w x 2 , 600w x 1

2. 2-pro 485's run with the syn4 400w x 2

Will be adding one 12" sub with amp to power. Boat has 4 in boat boss speakers run off the jensen deck which I think i will be replacing with an apline deck I have. 4 in boats actually sound good and are decently loud as is.

Not looking to have the best system obviously just a decent one on the lake. Does my plan sound alright or would you guys recomend or change anything?

Will the 2 pro485's actually fit on the tower cant measure yet as boat is still at the lake and which option would you perfer if so.

Sorry for the confusing post and thanks for reading.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-16-2011, 4:02 AM Reply   
go with the two 485's if they will fit I love mine and think they still sound better than the new REV series
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-16-2011, 5:15 AM Reply   
I've got a pair of 485's also with a arc ks300.2 (syn2) on each.
They sound amazing and have amazing midbass.
I would lean that way unless tim has plans for the 485's to have 10's which would be very nice.

My good friend has a xstar running nvs's new dual 10 enclosure with the same amps as I.
I will say they are both amazing and you can tell the difference in the extra midbass compared to the single midbass to single horn set ups.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-16-2011, 6:01 AM Reply   
I would say two 485s if they fit. I was in the same boat as you before i bought mine. I was up in the air about the 3 some or a pair of 485s. I think the 485s are cheaper to amp correctly and the horns really scream.

I have heard rumors that they will be upgraded to dual 10's and if thats an option for you, that's the way i would go. no question.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-16-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
Daniel I to am running a Arc amp to power my 485's.I am only running a ks 300.4 bridged which is not as much power as two ks 300.2 and the sound is still amazing.Only way a upgrade is in my future is if Tim comes out with a ten inch 485. Just cant say enough good things about the speakers we love them.Here is a video we made for a contest on the centurion crew not the best quality but it will give you the idea. Music is still crystal clear and you can barley see the boat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=183Y3po_OPU
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-16-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Brenden,

With that system, you probably will have one of the best setup's on the lake!!!

You can't go wrong with a pair of 485's and a Syn4 or Arc Audio KS300.4

Please post up some pictures when you get it done.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-16-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowwboy View Post
I
I would lean that way unless tim has plans for the 485's to have 10's which would be very nice.
I was told (by either Earmark or WS cant remember) the upgraded 485s will be out in time for next summer.
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-16-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
k looks like the 485's are the way but measured the boat tower and looks like a tight fit. Does anyone no if 2 485's will fit the pro flight tower on this boat dont want to buy then and have them not fit. Looks like it should but not 100%.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
If not on the bottom flip them upside down on the top.
Attached Images

Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2011, 10:00 AM Reply   
A pair of 485s sound better, are less complex and less expensive to power and are less expensive in the context of the total tower package. The reason to go with the 3-Some is primarily for the reduced width. The 3-some/Syn6 combination gives up nothing in amplitude and perhaps is a bit louder.

While the HU power seems to be adequate power now, once you add a subwoofer you will find that external amplifier power for the in-boat coaxials is absolutely a necessity. You can run both the subwoofer and four in-boat coaxials off an endless selection of 3, 4, 5 and 6 channel single chassis amplifiers. Just make this a cordinated purchase between the subwoofer (voice coil configuration and net impedance plus sensitivity and power handling) and the matching amplifier. Remember that external amplifier and HU power ratings have nothing in common so the same rating in an external amplifier, in reality, is likely to be several times the power.

David
Earmark Marine