Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (notorious01)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-10-2013, 9:48 PM Reply   
So im new to the watersport world I used to skate and I have snowboarded my whole life.. I wanted to get a wake board but since I have a newly aquired Jetski and no boat I felt a wakeskate is the best route

Im 6' 228 so I'm thinking anything bigger than a 42 I'm probably only going to be puttibgv in 20 sessions a yr ..

With that being said ive seen the posts about supporting wakeskate companies and not wakeboard companies who half a$$ it...

I'm not looking to spend more than 300
I was looking at the byerly revival which I can get for 275 feed two day shipping. ...

Other suggestions would be awesome. .

My next question is is there shoes out there specificly for wakeskating I saw pre 2005 dvs reef and nike were making sweet shoes but I havent found anyb info on shoes easier to find...

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated I need tob order gear before finday in time for vacation >

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (wake_cbus)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-11-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
Byerly also has the Heritage skate which is an all wood contoured w/grip tape deck. Hyperlite has the Urso which is similar and same price too. I'd check out scioto boardshop out of columbus they have a good selection and good deals.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
cut holes in reg skate shoes by the arch and use them for wakeskate shoes! works great!
Old     (notorious01)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-11-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
I heard that non specific wakeskate companies wood boards dont hold up which is why I thought composite would be tge best way to go workout spending more than 300

I picked up a pair of dvs munition sandbar ct in navy off of Shoebacca they have almost evry size still under $30

Old     (notorious01)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-11-2013, 8:35 PM Reply   
What are some good handle ropes set up

Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-12-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious01 View Post
What are some good handle ropes set up

Anything that's affordable and non-stretch. I've skated with all styles of ropes and handles. The only thing I could tell is that ski ropes (stretchy) pull you off balance when they rebound. Other than that they all felt the same except for the handle. Some feel padded, some don't. Get your hands on a few and see which you prefer. I prefer a padded grip and ride ay 65' 19 mph no ballast.

$50 harder-style grip 65' from evo
http://www.evo.com/wakeboard-handles...lue-yellow.jpg

$30 softer-style grip 70' from The-House
http://www.the-house.com/wkhslrhc701...le-combos.html
Old     (blacksk8er703)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-16-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
Im a new wakeskater and I wake skate in Smith mountain lake va and im looking for a beginner board I guess. Ive read that guys have just bought any board and be fine. Is that a smart idea? I woukd love to get a ronix boomstick but if a beginner can't get up I'm not interested, please someone help a brotha out.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (girlsafteryou)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-17-2013, 10:35 AM Reply   
You probably don't want to learn on a boomstick, that board is very different from most skates. I personally think they are fun, but just find a deal on one of last years decks, go a little bigger like 41,42" and learn the basics. Or try some friends boards, or meet up with some people on here who skate. In the end it's all preference most companies make a solid deck.

Last edited by girlsafteryou; 07-17-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old     (notorious01)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-17-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsafteryou View Post
You probably don't want to learn on a boomstick, that board is very different from most skates. I personally think they are fun, but just find a deal on one of last years decks, go a little bigger like 41,42" and learn the basics. Or try some friends boards, or meet up with some people on here who skate. In the end it's all preference most companies make a solid deck.
Hey thanks man I picked up a 42" byerly revival I really wanted wood but remotes board where out of my budget between all the things im buying this summer jet ski stuff truck stuff etc etc

Old     (blacksk8er703)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-17-2013, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious01 View Post
Hey thanks man I picked up a 42" byerly revival I really wanted wood but remotes board where out of my budget between all the things im buying this summer jet ski stuff truck stuff etc etc

Yea I'm probably going to buy a hyperlite wood board. I'm new to the wakeskate scene so finding people who do it is slim for me bc haven't skated in a few years. But I'm buying a boat next year n a truck. How is that byerly board? It's it heavy? I'm 6'0 195 and I have no clue what to buy I keep reading that a shorter board is better for flip tricks. But idk if I should buy a 40" or not

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-26-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
So, what did you end up with?

I'm just looking to get a general board for anyone/everyone to try out skating.

Currently debating between 2013's LF impulse, Ronix Electric Collective and Byerly Revival - anyone have thoughts on those?

Last edited by 99Bison; 01-26-2014 at 9:34 AM.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Out of those three, LF Impulse all day!
It is a really good shape. You will love it.
Old     (Engineer)      Join Date: Nov 2014       12-04-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
Hey guys can you please do me a favor and take this survey about wakeboard winches. I need 300 responses and only have 8. Thanks have a nice day!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NKQK9HQ