Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-05-2016, 4:16 PM Reply   
I am looking for a 1 year, short term goof off car until the 911.2 gt3 comes out. i have a deposit on one (has to be a manual) and want a car for the year and have been thinks about an R8, 2011, 2012, v8 vs v10, has to be a 6sp and want to know who has had one and if you liked it. I am a P-car guy but want something different. Want to keep it around 100k need to know if you really like it. I will still get the GT3 and prob sell the R8. don't want to lease anything for 1 year
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2016, 8:05 AM Reply   
You might be in a league of your own on WW buddy. Congrats to you!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2016, 12:14 PM Reply   
Wasn't there a guy on here that couldn't figure out what color to paint his R8 brake calipers. He might know something
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
This guy

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800454

Me not so much but I wish.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2016, 2:03 AM Reply   
I'd have a hard time deciding between the R8 or Vantage. Luckily it is not a decision i have to make anytime soon
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-13-2016, 6:26 PM Reply   
I have a buddy selling an 08 with under 16k miles $75k. V8 manual silver with grey interior. PM me for more information.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-16-2016, 7:49 PM Reply   
thanks guys, i drove both v8 and v10 manuals last week, not for me, cool car but heavy, not engaging and left me kinda BLAH so will have to keep looking for a temp toy. i am by no means a rich guy, but work my @ss off.lol
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2016, 8:19 PM Reply   
Lotus Exige maybe....
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-16-2016, 8:27 PM Reply   
i am 6'4 so limited options, would get another gt3 but the prices are off the charts for a 10 yr old car selling for over msrp. i am looking at a f430 manual next week. the f430 has taken all of its depreciation and can easily be resold with little loss. the new gt3 (if they make it, and they say they are) with the manual will be the bee's knees
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-17-2016, 5:58 AM Reply   
Zo6?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-17-2016, 2:34 PM Reply   
head hits the liner, drives my crazy or i would have one. i even thought about making lowering brackets for the buckets. also a gt350 but i am not paying double msrp for a ford no way
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2016, 11:34 AM Reply   
I had the r8 for a while. Decent enough, but not much fun to drive. Fortunate enough to not have to daily drive the second car; so my options open up a bit. Make sure you check the service history on the f430 and better have a good mechanic you trust to work on them. They are a bit more finicky than some other Italians, but prolly one of the best late model Ferrari as far as reliability. Best bang for your buck is prolly gonna be the new z06.
My budget is between 100-150 ish. In the used market. I’m back in a 07 gallardo ( Nera edition). I love it even after a year of ownership. If you haven’t’ driven one….go do it. Once you get past the douche factor associated with the car, it’s a ton of fun to drive. And I personally like the styling. I passed on the McLaren MP4-12c to get the lambo. I’m 6’3, but 6’5 guys can fit in them , just not the spyders. And for an exotic the Gallardo is bulletproff ( it’s got a lot of german in it) and I drive mine like it should be driven…pretty hard ( wife has a Xanax prescription just for early Sunday morning drives)
Have u looked at the GTR?

At the end of the day the GT3 is a great car, and imo hard to beat from a “value” perspective.
When u get in to that level of car it gets into a lot of personal preference IMO. I’ve driven ( on the street, not on tracks) the mclaren mp4-12c, aventador, 458, f430,f355, 360, California, most of the Porsche lineup, r8’s…v10 and 8’s, multiple year Gallardo’s. V12 vantage, GTR, c6 and c7 corvettes, just to name some off the top of my head.
I’ll be in Gallardo’s until the new huracan comes down a bit in price.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2016, 11:38 AM Reply   
nwm on most of my list....options get severly limited by the 6spd. have u tried some of the older f1 style transmissions? a lot more raw than the newer dual clutch systems.