Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2011, 3:37 PM Reply   
Anyone know where I can get swimstep brackets for a '05 VLX? One of mine broke. I was going to have it welded together but I cannot locate the piece that connects to the boat. I think one of my friends threw it away once I said I was just going to order new brackets. I can't just order new ones because Malibu doesn't have made the brackets that fit on a '05 VLX. Therefore, my only option at this point is to have the bracket piece machined or to have my boat re-gelcoated to fit the brackets Malibu now uses.

Anyone know where I can get some of these brackets? Anyone have some laying around somewhere? Anyone have an old swimstep with the brackets still attached?
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-26-2011, 7:59 PM Reply   
http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1430

Not sure what brackets you have, but these look like my old malibu's brackets
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2011, 8:12 PM Reply   
Call up Paul at Bakes thought I saw some sitting on his Ebay shelf in his shop.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
I may have one laying around. Let me know if you can't find one.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2011, 8:48 PM Reply   
BTW, mine don't look anything like Dave's link. Mine is an 07. Guess they may have changed in those two years.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
Shawn yours would be the same as his. The link is from much older boats.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-26-2011, 9:40 PM Reply   
Mine was an 02, took a shot in the dark...
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
Shawn, I think yours will be the same but I am going to call Malibu to check. Is it off a 07 Vride?

You will be my lifesaver!
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
I called Paul at Bakes too. Thanks, Nu Bu.