Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-25-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
There seems to be a lot more debris then normal for this time of the year. (both logs and other major things, as well as more weeds and soft crap)

Am I offbase or does anyone else think it is more than normal?

Upload
Upload
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-25-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
I noticed it too.

I suspect that weed is thriving in the heat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-25-2006, 10:46 PM Reply   
yep...the heat.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2006, 2:38 AM Reply   
im wondering if its the heat killing the floaters because i notice that when they start to float like that they die really soon there after. but there is for sure a lot more gunk in all the delta
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-26-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
We were up by the Sac airport last night, and there was a lot of crap in the water. Logs, branches and other wood stuff. Oh, and a couple other items, that don't need to be discussed.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
We saw an island floating down old river last night, seriously it had afew live standing trees on it, just floatin down the river. That's a little out of control.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Al ~ You have to post a pic. I know you have a cool camera now. Hook us up.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
we didn't have it last night sorry
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Was Jack Bauer on that Island. If so thats some pretty scary crap
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-26-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
I was really surprised at all of the crap floating around in the Delta this last time. I'm glad it's so dirty I can't see underneath me.. that might scare me away. :-)
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
They have been spraying the hyacinth, the roots are dying and the plants are breaking off and floating south. Plus the aquaduct pumps are near capacity for the fires down south creating more current drawing crap off the banks and down the channels.

They had to spray early this year from an increased infestation related to heat and increased nutrients from the large amount of water from the mountains. Most of the clumps of weeds have some sort of debris trapped in them as well, as my prop found out last week.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-26-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Jack Bauer was out rideing and stomped a huge 3 and the island shock loose.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-26-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
Am I the only one that hates Chuck Norris/Jack Bauer jokes?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-26-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
nope...you're not alone. they're about as played out as the shocker and "yo momma" jokes.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-26-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
Kevin:

When the hyacinth float at random like that it is a VERY GOOD sign!

It means that there is no wind!

Normally the wind blows the hyacinth to one side and holds it there. Then the tide starts to fall and all the stuff along the banks gets trapped.

On a rising tide with no wind all that stuff comes free and just floats around.

You can ignore the small clumps, they won't hurt anything. I would be afraid that a larger clump might be hiding a log.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Al's not joking. There was an island floating down old river. I wonder if they'd open the draw bridge for it. LOL

We'll have to see if we can get some pics. It's hillarious.