Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-25-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
This clueless group about money also includes daughter Chelsea

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-clinton-d...--finance.html
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-25-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
I always believed she lost the 2008 nomination on about the same issue:-- namely, being out of touch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/29/us...aign.html?_r=0

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton lined up with Senator John McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee for president, in endorsing a plan to suspend the federal excise tax on gasoline, 18.4 cents a gallon, for the summer travel season.

Mr. Obama derided the McCain-Clinton idea of a federal tax holiday

Mrs. Clinton ... accused Mr. Obama of being out of touch with ordinary Americans who are struggling to meet their mortgages and gas up their cars and trucks.

Mr. Obama said lifting the gas tax for three months would save the average consumer no more than $30, a figure confirmed by Congressional analysts. Mr. Obama ... dismissed Mr. McCain’s proposal as a “scheme.”

“Half a tank of gas,” Mr. Obama told his audience. “That’s his big solution.”
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-25-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
Well my truck takes 34 gallons to completely fill it up, that's $6.25 savings each tank. A tank will last me about 2 weeks, that's $12/mo, $36 over a 3 month period. He's not wrong that most people will only save $30 over that time per vehicle. But then you factor in extra travel, vacations, boats, rvs, quads, etc. that are used in the summer and that figure goes up into the hundreds.

That being said, Hillary claiming she feels the average American's pain and is nearly bankrupt and struggling to make ends meet and pay the mortgage....on a few multi million dollar mansions. Ya, that's what we're feeling allright.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-25-2014, 3:49 PM Reply   
anyway, i thought I'd pair two "out of touch" divas together. all others for 2016 look only hard left or hard right. heck, i'd take nixon for 2016.

(34 gallons lasts 2 weeks ???)
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-26-2014, 1:41 PM Reply   
My truck gets about 6mpg (4bbl carb on a 390, 6.4L pushing a 3 ton truck around). That's just over 200 miles per tank(s). I have dual tanks, 2x 17 gallons. Generally I will just fill up one of them, not both. I only use the truck to get to the ramp, go to the gym, and hull some stuff if it needs done. On a busy week I will go through that much. On slower weeks, not so much. The ramp and gym are both only about 5-10 minutes away from me, so that helps keep consumption down.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-27-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
Either way they have already started the smear campaign. I think shes the democrats best chance at the moment, but all these scandals and her flip flopping nature in past and present will destroy her. This women is way to out of touch.