Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-11-2016, 6:44 PM Reply   
Drivers and Riders needed for a 2005 VLX on the Butler chain of lakes during the week. I also can trailer a jet ski to any lake in the Orlando area with a boat ramp, if anyone is interested in wakeskating.
Old     (Jimcampbell92)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-30-2016, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hey joe! I just moved to clermont from mass last week and looking for people to ride with. I'm down to ride mornings, weeknights, weekends. I work 9-6 Monday through Friday. Will bring gas and help out any way I can. Thanks
-Jim 508 395 3360
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-31-2016, 7:20 AM Reply   
Jim, you can do a morning run? I'm usually riding my bike in the morning because nobody in Orlando can do a morning run! I usually ride the Butler chain of lakes, nobody but fishermen are on the lake until 9am, even on the weekends! How far from lake butler do you work? The boat ramp opens up at 6:30, so you shouldn't have a problem getting to work on time.
Old     (Jimcampbell92)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-01-2016, 4:40 AM Reply   
Yea I can do mornings! I work at Tommys Malibu so it's like 25 minutes or so from the butler chain. That would be awesome to ride some morning sets! Call or text me.
Thanks!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-01-2016, 5:44 AM Reply   
Jim, sounds great! I will text you next week. Now, I know this is a stretch, but since the boat is already in the water, is there anyone that can be at the Butler boat ramp during the week at 8:30am?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-09-2016, 8:22 AM Reply   
Butler Lake was absolutely beautiful this morning!
Attached Images

Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2016, 6:08 PM Reply   
Joe,
I am back in Orlando and still have my place on lake Mann. I can meet you any day to ride. I can also just drive in Oct. (shoulder surgery Oct 10)
Scott
407-738-7518
Old     (TheBill)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-23-2016, 8:14 PM Reply   
How late in the year will you ride? I just got scheduled for some time in Orlando- would definitely try and hook up with you guys to ride if possible? It would be awesome to be in the water as the season around "here" is largely over...
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-27-2016, 2:51 PM Reply   
Pete, they don't call it the endless summer for nothing! still need people to ride during the week! Maybe people don't want to wait in the Long lines at the boat ramp! Or maybe they think Butler chain of lakes is just to choppy!
Attached Images

Old     (DerrickW)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-26-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

I'm a former Orlando local going back for a visit next week.

Anybody still riding and looking for another? Can ride whenever, have money for gas beer, whatever.

Let's ride, pm me or respond to this thread.
Old     (TheBill)      Join Date: Jun 2015       10-26-2016, 7:16 PM Reply   
Well it's not as early as I was hoping, but I'll be coming to Orlando in December. Open on the 12th and 13th. I'm desperate to spend some time behind a boat! It's in the 40's here right now. Are any of you guys still going out at this time? I'm definitely good for cash/help driving or cleaning. PM me and we can discuss I'm looking forward to some riding!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-27-2016, 3:22 PM Reply   
I am now back in northern Ohio because I could not find anyone in Orlando that could wakeboard during the week, I will be back for the month of March and April and May if I can find people that can ride during the week.
Old     (tami_tams)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-09-2016, 10:11 AM Reply   
Anyone in the Orlando area going out tomorrow morning that could use a third? I can drive, trailer etc. and of course have gas money. I live in the winter state of Utah and would love to get out! Tami - 480.205.5017

Last edited by tami_tams; 11-09-2016 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-24-2016, 9:08 PM Reply   
If Ohio State wins in Arizona, I will be in Orlando the week of January 9th to go to the Championship game in Tampa, and since it is going to be almost 80 degrees, who wants to ride?
Old     (daivdpre)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-27-2016, 11:27 AM Reply   
Joe,

Give me a call when your back in Florida. I'd love to get out onto Butler.

-David
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-30-2016, 1:36 PM Reply   
Dave, definitely! Just root for the buckeyes! and in a few days I will be there! Christmas sucked!( No wakeboarding!) but looking forward to getting back out on the water! I have a season pass for snowboarding up here in Cleveland, but the national championship game trumps snowboarding, Next year I would rather stay down in Orlando as long as there are people who want to wakeboard! Its also nice the days are getting longer, so I could have the boat already to go by the time you get off of work!
Old     (jibsta210)      Join Date: Jul 2015       01-03-2017, 1:16 PM Reply   
Hey i will be in town next friday, i can drive and i ride, would need to borrow a board, let me know!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-16-2017, 5:22 AM Reply   
Still need drivers and riders early morning during the week in Orlando, more surfing at this time than wakeboarding, but all is good!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-17-2017, 5:45 PM Reply   
Lake Butler all day long today!
Attached Images

Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-21-2017, 4:26 PM Reply   
I'll be in Orlando Thursday (24th) and available in the afternoon after 12:30pm. Would love to get out if you're interested.
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-06-2017, 4:34 PM Reply   
Thanks again for the pull. Let me know when you're ready to come up to N. Florida.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-04-2018, 4:22 AM Reply   
HaHaHa, anybody notice I put that last picture in Upside down? Echo, I broke my foot late last year, so I was in an air cast for a couple of months. Just gave the boat a tune-up, so now we are both ready to go! Will be in Tennessee for the month of May moving my son to cookeville(anyone near cookeville with a boat please pm me, I'm sure my son will have an inboard boat soon!)
Thank you Jim for meeting me at Lake Butler at 7am in late months of 2016! I would take Jim out on the boat before work and we would both hit the butter on Lake butler, then I would get Jim back to the dock by 8am, so he could get to work in time and meet up with Scott from Clear Lake at 9am and go back out on the lake, then one day Scott didn't show up and I haven't seen or heard from him since(hope your OK Scott)
Old     (SDEndurance)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2018, 11:31 AM Reply   
I live in CA but come to Florida often for work. I'll be in Orlando July 7-15 and available July 7-10 and July 15. I mostly surf but can drive help trailer and of course bring gas money. 858 414 2160 if you have room for me I can only text my phone speaker is currently broken
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-22-2018, 10:11 AM Reply   
Nobody? Two and a half million people in the Orlando area and nobody can ride tomorrow morning? I guess I will head to the coast and go surfing!
Old     (centralfloridawake)      Join Date: Aug 2018       08-23-2018, 10:19 AM Reply   
Definitely interested sometime, can bring gas or gas money. Text me 4073147951
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-23-2018, 6:51 PM Reply   
CFW, I usually go early in the morning before the rain starts and when the lake is flat, are there curtain days of the week you can go? The weather is not looking good for this week and next weekend I will be in Ohio for Labor Day. I will be back in Orlando on Sept 9th hopefully the weather cooperates.
Old     (centralfloridawake)      Join Date: Aug 2018       08-24-2018, 8:14 AM Reply   
I'm pretty free any day just give me some heads up and I'll be down to come out to ride and drive. But I agree morning is definitely the way to go especially with the crazy storms lately.
Old     (centralfloridawake)      Join Date: Aug 2018       09-26-2018, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
CFW, I usually go early in the morning before the rain starts and when the lake is flat, are there curtain days of the week you can go? The weather is not looking good for this week and next weekend I will be in Ohio for Labor Day. I will be back in Orlando on Sept 9th hopefully the weather cooperates.
Let me know whenever you are back in town, I'm available to ride whenever!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-26-2018, 1:19 PM Reply   
cfw, I have to go to Missouri for a wedding and crap for a couple weeks, will be back the last two weeks in Oct and the first two weeks in Nov. I usually look at the weather on Sunday and pick the best day of the week to ride, I will text you when I get back.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-07-2018, 4:44 PM Reply   
Can anyone in Orlando take off work a little earlier on friday afternoon to go wakeboard/surfing on Lake Butler?
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-27-2018, 3:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Can anyone in Orlando take off work a little earlier on friday afternoon to go wakeboard/surfing on Lake Butler?
I will be in town from the 28th through Jan 4th
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-31-2018, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_schweda View Post
I will be in town from the 28th through Jan 4th
Just saw this post today, the Wednesday the 2nd is suppose to be 81 with light wind text or post your number to ride on Butler Lake
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-03-2019, 1:17 AM Reply   
Can anyone ride this monday or tuesday?
Old     (Klpasley)      Join Date: May 2015       05-09-2019, 8:03 AM Reply   
Joe, I'm available to ride. I will be out of town May 15-18 but otherwise my schedule is very flexible and I can drive a boat/bring gas money! I'm trying to get out on the water as much as I can.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-11-2019, 3:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klpasley View Post
Joe, I'm available to ride. I will be out of town May 15-18 but otherwise my schedule is very flexible and I can drive a boat/bring gas money! I'm trying to get out on the water as much as I can.
Sounds great! I will text you on the 18th.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-23-2019, 2:36 AM Reply   
Weather is a little too rough for me to wakeboard, but does anyone want to come out to butler lake for some surfing? Or I can be a third on your boat any where in Orlando.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-26-2019, 7:30 AM Reply   
Anyone want to wakeboard/surf tomorrow morning on lake Butler? Weather is looking pretty good
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-04-2019, 1:08 PM Reply   
Usually I am riding into January, but the last two weeks have been colder than normal, so I am going back up North, should be snowboarding in a few weeks, will be back in Florida in March.