Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-11-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRW View Post
what about the parks 2014?
The Parks boards are Camber, go up a few pictures, they're the yellow and white boards next to the Bandwagon (tennis themed board)
Old     (CRW)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
The Parks boards are Camber, go up a few pictures, they're the yellow and white boards next to the Bandwagon (tennis themed board)
Thanks.. any idea where i can find more pictures of the parks board?
Old     (macandcheese)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-12-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
http://www.prowake.com.au/
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-12-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
looks pretty cool, not sure if I'm sold on it yet but I'd definitely love to try it out
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-12-2013, 6:46 PM Reply   
I wish double up would get a US distributor.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2013, 11:27 PM Reply   
Union, get your flex on lol!

vids pretty cool/funny

Last edited by Bam6961; 09-12-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-13-2013, 4:36 PM Reply   
It is interesting on how mimimal on bottom board design the Ronix boards have gone.

A couple of their boards are 100% smooth on the bottom, and the rest have very minimal channels. Exact opposite of a couple years ago,
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-16-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
new LF limited stuff... anyone stoked on anything in particular.. trying to figure out what to order.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf LTD 2014.pdf (309.8 KB, 1013 views)
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-18-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
does anyone else think the graphics on all the 2014 boards suck?
Old     (RIDE_LAB)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-18-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnfightsvn View Post
does anyone else think the graphics on all the 2014 boards suck?
Yes. Slingshot has the best graphics this year.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
Not the Whip. They need to change everything about those graphics
Old     (Quack)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-18-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
Most of the graphics this year are unfortunate. It's not a good sign when I'd rather get a board from last year because some of the newer ones look ridiculous. Same goes for a lot of the boot color schemes and designs. I've been out of the game for a few years, and noticed everything is looking very 90's these days... or just really mediocre. The only graphics that look decent to me are the LF Peak Hybrid and Slab, SS Lyman (the windsor and recoil aren't terrible i guess), and Ronix District Park. I actually kind of like the designs on the CWB Woodro and OBrien Baker boards as well. Most other designs are either terrible or forgettable.

I do love the look of the LF Vantage CT boots this year with the all white, and Shane's boots look pretty good, too. I can't decide if I love or hate the Shredtown boots... I'm leaning towards love. A lot of the boards I would consider, I'd have to get over being embarrassed to have them strapped to my feet. I typically like to limit my embarrassment to awkward falls trying basic tricks. It seems every company could benefit from some graphic design and color scheme help up in here. Maybe I'm just super old and the young kids are into these designs.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-18-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
I'm buying the byerly system/boot combo because 1. i think that the baseless/new binding this year will really work well and 2. because it is neon orange. Love the color.
I wish that the system pro's came in a different color though, Neon Blue?. Something to match byerly's orange boot. OH WELL. No biggie.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-18-2013, 7:14 PM Reply   
I just saw a bunch of the of the new LF stuff yesterday. I have to say that it looks a lot better in person. Some nice changes to the board construction too.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-18-2013, 10:40 PM Reply   
Got to test out the new LF Raph and the new Peak yesterday. Absolutely loved them both. I was surprised at how thin and light the peak was! As Stuart said the graphics look much better in person.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-19-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
Slingshot needs Mike Ennon back! His art made for some of the sickest board graphics ever
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-19-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
http://www.unleashedwakemag.com/?p=9102
Phil's new whip with CTRL. Features Koroyd, a new material prominently used in ski helmets and skis underneath where your toes/heels rest on the board.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-19-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
Camber is the curvature of the bottom of the board. In snowboard terms, the new Ronix "Camber" shape is typically referred to as "Reverse Camber"
Old     (macandcheese)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-20-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
Camber is the curvature of the bottom of the board. In snowboard terms, the new Ronix "Camber" shape is typically referred to as "Reverse Camber"
Reverse camber is rocker shape in snowboard terms. Camber is basically the opposite of a rocker type bend.

Old     (Timebomb142)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-20-2013, 6:52 AM Reply   

Slingshots new board
Old     (kwade17)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-20-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
Phils board the Imperial is cambered also!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-20-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
^Where'd you learn this?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-20-2013, 1:58 PM Reply   
I heard yo mama's cambered.
Old     (kwade17)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-20-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
one of my good friends rides for CTRL and was at surf expo @VinnyA
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-20-2013, 2:52 PM Reply   
Merci Beaucoup
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-20-2013, 3:29 PM Reply   
So in conclusion Ronix is not using the word "Camber" in the traditional sense, and their "Camber" really is just a redesigned rocker. So clever Ronix.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-20-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
that koroyd stuff make me think of the ol' honeycomb boards
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-21-2013, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
So in conclusion Ronix is not using the word "Camber" in the traditional sense, and their "Camber" really is just a redesigned rocker. So clever Ronix.
What about it isn't true camber? The center of the board has an upwards curvature. That's all it needs...?
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-22-2013, 4:58 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the ronix boards align most with the traditional camber option in that chart, It's easier to think about it as a 3 stage board where the center flat spot's bottom has an arch to it. Making it thin in the center. if you snowboard then you know burton's closest counterpart to what Ronix is doing is the traditional camber.

Bringing up Snowboards...Has anyone gotten to test out the new systems yet? Preferably the byerlyboot with the system pros? I'm really liking the baselessness of the binding and look of the highback this year
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-22-2013, 5:03 AM Reply   

Can't tell if camber's better or if that's just normal Shota lol
Old     (wakosaurus)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-22-2013, 7:26 PM Reply   
I tried Ronix, not a fan. " Camber " like serious. Its not new, been done before ! Like, they sell on slogans. Intelligiance Core ( talks back to you ). Never heard any board say anything ! I personally think that if the product is awesome, then that should say it all, instead of one liners that are meaningless. But most listen so I take my hat off to the marketing department. Any flashing lights this year ? Hahahahaha.
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-23-2013, 6:11 AM Reply   
Probably right Wakosaurus. So far I don't think i have ever read a marketing piece that didn't have a "its got a great pop" in it. These buzz words are all important though. People buy into them...literally.
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-23-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb142 View Post

Slingshots new board
That cable park where the slingshot team filmed their 2014 product at looks familiar
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-23-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
I got to check out all the 14 Hyperlite/Byerly gear today and it looks way good in person.

All the system boots are insane. The fit is good but I think they run a little big FYI. I was really digging the AJ, Process, and Byerly boots myself. Webb was super soft and the Marek was pretty stiff.

New bindings are legit. Huge improvement on ratchets, and the new baseless design is sick. I like the straps over the nose of boot and these fit super well either way you do it. Total Preference.

The Franchise FLX is going to be fun. Soft and incredibly thin. Similar to Liquid Force product.
I was surprised that the milkcart was capped.. there is no sidewall visible, but under the glass there is some ABS for reinforcement along the edge.
Attached Images

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-23-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
^Tarek wanna post a pic of the Byerlys inside a system pro? Please?? ^_^