Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stxdeadI)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-06-2016, 9:49 AM Reply   
I've just gotten back into wakeboarding after about a 10 year break. When I left I had hyperlite temet Boalace binding and a hyperlote Byerly board (with the fangs). My temets hit the can and fell apart.
I ordered the parks bindings solid orange not the orange with black splatter. Now I'm looking to update my board.

I have been looking at the camber aircore (blue with orange board) and the two newest parks boards. The white with black and a little orange I beam and the orange and black camber board. I'm all for saving some money and going with the blue and orange board but I've been hearing that they are a little slow. I also heard these two newer models are much faster approaching which solves that problem.

I'm 601 230 lbs. Im 95% boat boarding and love riding aggressively with lots of air. what yall suggest for a new board?
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-07-2016, 10:41 AM Reply   
I've ridden every Ronix camber board....the previous Parks shape was a blast and a great board, but yes the new shape is really awesome and the new core is really responsive and great pop. Much faster than previous versions too....they really nailed the camber profile on the new Parks and Space Blanket!

Speaking of, was bouncing around the delta on the new Parks just yesterday...gotta love 'Winter' on the Cali Delta!

Last edited by SteeleAxis; 11-07-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old     (stxdeadI)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-08-2016, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleAxis View Post
I've ridden every Ronix camber board....the previous Parks shape was a blast and a great board, but yes the new shape is really awesome and the new core is really responsive and great pop. Much faster than previous versions too....they really nailed the camber profile on the new Parks and Space Blanket!

Speaking of, was bouncing around the delta on the new Parks just yesterday...gotta love 'Winter' on the Cali Delta!

Any chance you could post pics of the two rails side by side?
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-08-2016, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxdeadI View Post
Any chance you could post pics of the two rails side by side?
Yes still have my 2014 Parks (same shape as 15/16) to compare, but will have to be later this week when I go ride again.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-13-2016, 7:35 PM Reply   
Here you go...hard to really show differences in pics. Rail on older Parks is bit more rounded with bit less side cut. I think the increased speed in new shape comes from adjusted camber profile and shaper rails. Also the new I-Beam core is really responsive and poppy.

Both are awesome boards I just think they kept the best parts of the previous shape and tweaked other parts to make it the best version yet.

Old     (Ghanddi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-16-2016, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:

Matt I think I saw you out there this weekend. I was in the white A20. Where you out on old river/vics on Sunday?
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-16-2016, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanddi View Post
Matt I think I saw you out there this weekend. I was in the white A20. Where you out on old river/vics on Sunday?
Yes that was us, saw you guys riding and then again at Orwood. Great to see you guys out there shredding on that A20! Is it yours or friends boat?
Old     (Ghanddi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-17-2016, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes that was us, saw you guys riding and then again at Orwood. Great to see you guys out there shredding on that A20! Is it yours or friends boat?
OK thought that was you again. It is my boat I picked it up in the middle of the season this year.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-17-2016, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
OK thought that was you again. It is my boat I picked it up in the middle of the season this year.

Congrats man, such a great boat! Will shoot you a PM, had some custom Axis stickers made that are yours if you want them.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-17-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Shoot, PM not working for some reason. Shoot me a quick note if you want them!
Old     (Ghanddi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-17-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Congrats man, such a great boat! Will shoot you a PM, had some custom Axis stickers made that are yours if you want them.

Awesome thanks!
Old     (Oldrider1)      Join Date: Nov 2016       12-02-2016, 12:59 AM Reply   
Hi CD

Nice to see you getting back into it after a decent break. Can I suggest you visit a really cool wakeboard review site to get a good idea on the board that may work for you. Go to www.wakeboardcritic.com and check it out

Andy
Old     (stxdeadI)      Join Date: Oct 2016       12-02-2016, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrider1 View Post
Hi CD

Nice to see you getting back into it after a decent break. Can I suggest you visit a really cool wakeboard review site to get a good idea on the board that may work for you. Go to www.wakeboardcritic.com and check it out

Andy
Cool, will give it a look
Old     (stxdeadI)      Join Date: Oct 2016       04-02-2017, 4:45 PM Reply   
Longtime update. I bought the parks modello about a week ago and can't wait to test it out this weekend
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       04-03-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
Curious how the Parks feels compared to the space blanket. I rode an old version of the space blanket and it just felt slow. The board may have been on the small side for me though.
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-05-2017, 8:50 AM Reply   
I have the 2014 Park Air Core and the 2016 Space Blanket. The 2016 is supposed to be faster than the original one, and the 2017 is supposed to be even better with the i-core tech. The new Parks is supposed to be faster than the old one which was always faster than the Space Blanket.

That being said, I'm not sure I love my Space Blanket. I did go from riding a 139 on the Park to the 141 on the Space Blanket, but honestly that sizing is off as the board is more like 145 (idk who measured that thing when designing it). It could be the swing weight or the fact that I haven't ridden it enough but I know they reduced the Camber on the newer boards from the older ones which helped increase speed but I think it makes the landings less soft. I'm still torn between the two. I'm sure I would really love the 2017 Parks Air Core but not tryna drop that kinda money quite yet on a new board.