Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-12-2015, 6:57 AM Reply   
My family has grown a lot bigger since I got this boat, and need to upgrade to a 23 footer, so I'm selling my R20.

What would be the top dollar I could sell it for ?

Here are the pictures I took yesterday:

https://imgur.com/a/fc2ok
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-12-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
For a 12, I'd think around 35K-37K tops. We were selling 13's brand new in 13 for $41-43K. Sold the last 14 well optioned last year around $46K. Saw a low hour used 2013 sell a month ago around 37K.

Disclaimer: Every market is different, but at 45K I think you are well overpriced for a 2012. Considering the local dealer here is selling 2015's around $50K.

Bottom line is its worth what someone will pay. A lot of times it depends on how long you are willing to wait to find a buyer. When you are trying to get the most money possible it considerably lengthens the time to sell.

Last edited by boardman74; 04-12-2015 at 3:12 PM.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-12-2015, 5:35 PM Reply   
You are telling me what you sold boats for 2 years ago... when the economy was in the ****ter, its a TOTAL different market today.

Are your 2015's @ 50k include trailer and fully loaded with surf ballast out the door ? Or is it more like 60-70k out the door ?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-12-2015, 6:03 PM Reply   
Thats surf ballast, dual batteries, 400 Raptor(big diff from your 303), and a trailer for 50K. I'm also talking what NEW boats sold for. I guess I think new boats are worth more than used. Like I said I know of a 2013 with the 345 motor that sold for $37K just over a month ago. Are you suggesting that those 2013's I sold for 41K have appreciated? A few options here or there really don't effect price when you start talking 3 year old boats. You asked for an opinion and I gave you one. Thats having owned 2 RZR's and been the ops manager of the second largest Tige dealer in the US. R20's don't sell anywhere close to 60-70K new, around here. Well optioned RZR's can be had for 60's. You can buy a Z-1 for high 60's low 70's.

I wish you luck with you sale. I guess I don't get the anger considering you asked for an opinion.

Last edited by boardman74; 04-12-2015 at 6:07 PM.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-12-2015, 7:37 PM Reply   
Not angry at all... i'm just amazed.. i guess the dealer down here is insane, because they were asking 65k for a poorly optioned r20, and that was not out the door price.
Once I sell the boat, I will actually probably contact you to purchase my next one. Thank you for the information.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-13-2015, 5:36 AM Reply   
How accurate is the MSRPs on "seedealercost"? I checked them against MC and Supra, because they list the MSRPs on their sites, and it seemed dead on......

If it is correct, I threw together a basic RZR quickly, and can't really see how a dealer could let one go for 50k with basic riding needs covered, and a trailer under it. What am I missing, boardman?

RZR Base- $66.766.00
Single axle standard trailer- $5751.00
Base black swivel racks (non clamping)- $2179.00
Base wetsounds stereo with amp and sub- $2767.00 (this was the lowest stereo option I could find on SDC)
Surf Ballast- $979.00
Convex VX- $2979.00 (Im thinking this is a must have for surfers these days? Maybe it's no biggie. Im not familiar with Tige surf setups, But I wouldn't buy any boat without surf system option these days. Resale would be so much easier with it.)
Mirror- $590.00
Dual Batterys- $989.00

No gel options/color options/carpet/flake etc..... Just functional basics for todays watersports. Total MSRP of exactly $83,000.00. At that MSRP, a customer would have to talk the dealer into a 40% discount off of MSRP. Even if you left off the convex VX, (MSRP 80,021) you would need a 38% discount off of MSRP.

And none of that includes the additional shipping cover, freight, prep, rigging, etc....

What am I missing? I am guessing that pricing must be wrong? Although in looking on boat trader, it seems most MSRPs on RZRs are in the low 80s with those options, so I am thinking it must be very close. If it is, there is no way that ANY dealer would be selling these at 50k.... They would be minimum 60k, and more like $65k on average.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2015, 7:38 AM Reply   
I see speedset, board racks, ballast and a bimini for options. That single axle trailer brings it down some for those that have to tow it to the lake a lot. I think you can $45k right now. There is a pretty big wait time for a new one to be built and people that have to have a boat right now will jump on a clean boat like this. I think you get $50k for it in Colorado right now because there is no used inventory for Tige's. A new R20 with tandem axle and similar options to what you have is $62k right now.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2015, 7:39 AM Reply   
They also have an R20 with the Alpha Z option on it for $65k. Every market is different though...
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-13-2015, 8:52 AM Reply   
I actually made a big Fubar on my post that I didn't realize. We are talking about the R20, not the RZR. Apologies. It is about 8k less than the RZR, which puts it much closer.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
I actually made a big Fubar on my post that I didn't realize. We are talking about the R20, not the RZR. Apologies. It is about 8k less than the RZR, which puts it much closer.
Yeah, RZR includes a touchscreen (with cruise control), ballast, Alpha Z tower and some additional "bling" items.