Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-30-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
With the growth and expansion cable has seen recently, I feel it is a great time and opportunity to add an additional section for cable, as there is for wakesurfing, wakeskating, etc. This will also help support keeping "cable" differentiated from wake, as both sides seem to desire at this point in time.

Thanks!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-07-2014, 1:36 PM Reply   
Reviving this since it's been a year and I still think it is needed. Would appreciate feedback whether others feel similar or oppose.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-07-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
We create new topics based on the amount of posts for that particular topic. Ideally, we'd like to have all topics within one section because that ensures the maximum number of eyeballs will see every post. However, eventually a particular topic generates so many posts that it is able to stand on it's own and a new topic is created. The number of posts generated has to be significant for a topic to stand on it's own. Keep in mind the drawbacks when you separate out posts and put them in a dedicated section. That means that fewer people will see those posts as only people seeking out that specific topic will find those posts. Although having your own topic is somewhat of a badge of honor, it is a dubious one since it can reduce that topic's exposure.

As far as cable goes, I don't see the number of cable-specific posts coming anywhere close to the point of warranting a dedicated topic. Trust me, if I created a Cable topic and forced all cable posts to be made in that topic, you would not be happy with the results. Those would be less exposure and less feedback for each post.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-07-2014, 10:12 PM Reply   
Makes sense, thanks
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-08-2014, 10:43 AM Reply   
IMO, not enough activity in the wakeboard forum to split them up. I like looking at boat and cable posts. To me it's all the same, boat or cable.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-08-2014, 10:45 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is wakeboarding: Wake, Cable, Winch or other. I say keep it together.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2014, 3:39 PM Reply   
If only everyone felt that way, there are way too many cable hating wake riders that seem to ruin a lot of cable related posts, especially videos, when they really just can't ride or have the opportunity to ride cable. I understand and agree, however for arguments sake I think it's similar to wakesurfing having it's own, it's all boarding behind the boat, or wakeskating having it's own, how active is that section? As of this post the newest thread in Wakeskating is nearing a month old, and it is related to the best CABLE wakeskate.. Just playing both sides here.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-08-2014, 3:49 PM Reply   
I would argue that wakeskating no long warrants its own section, but at one time it did. Wakesurfing is very active.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-08-2014, 5:53 PM Reply   
I can't help but think that the cable hating is because of the lack of boat posts. There are only 8 threads that are "today". So it obviously isn't an issue of having to scroll through too many cable posts to find a boat post. It's like when girls pay attention to your friend and not you. Even if your friend isn't there you won't get more attention. But at least it won't be in your face.