Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
Killin it. Wake to wake. But killin it. Riders on cable get less credit for every one of these tricks, but at least they always land out in the flats

Dub Monday #3 from Alliance Wakeboard Magazine on Vimeo.

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-13-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
So smooth! Wish we got more vid from him
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
He must've seen Harley's latest video where he does a reentry crow mobe and thought, "Dammit, I can do that too!"
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-13-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
awesome.

wish we did see more phil in wake films.... nothing after tthe truth from memory.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
There have been some good short films of him though, especially this one:

http://www.iwake.com/Blog/Post/Harley%26Phil
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-13-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
this > prespinning
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
I'm a huge fan of Phil's older stuff, especially in Relentless and The Truth. He had some all-time sections. His tailglide is absolutely huge and his style is sick!
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-15-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
haha, it's so much easier to land out in the flats, you don't need to have a sixth sense for speed, just make sure you always take too much. if you look at the history of the great pros, every single one of them is the best because they can always catch the tranny- scott, parks, danny, phil, those guys have shredded at the highest level for at least a decade each and all four could catch the tranny falling out of bed blindfolded. It will always be one of the main distinctions between a legend and a very good pro.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-15-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
No.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-15-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
what!!!!!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-15-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
I agree, to an extent. Achieving enough pop to stomp technical tricks wake to wake is difficult. But some tricks are way harder to land in the flats I think. Crowmobes, Petes, Dum Dums, etc, all strike me as very difficult to land in the flats. I don't do any of those tricks, but they look a lot harder to stand up in the flats with extra line tension.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-16-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
I agree with J-Rod. We all like wathcing a Vandal drop like an atom bomb into the flats after a huge poked bs 180 but that's what some people call the difference between tech and syle. I personally think it's just as fun to watch Phill slip away from the tranny, smooth as silk, after some crazy mobe.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-16-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
What's with the preoccupation with backside 180s as the epitome of style? If you wanna talk about Vandall style, how about his nosegrab front to fakie or his wrapped indy back 3?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-16-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
I think we just remember those pros as the better ones because their knees allow them to ride long enough for us to remember them lol
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-16-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
i have to agree hebrew. id prefer to watch a sick tweaked out BS 180 than those tazmanian devil moves any day.
i do appreciate the skill level it takes to do them though
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-17-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
I think the BS 180 looks so cool when these guys do it because it's so slow and controlled in the air plus landing blind in the flats just looks bad ass. I don't know what it is but I just can't bring myself to like the way wrapped tricks look, something about them. Maybe the initial spin looks too fast or out of control for my taste but to each his own.