Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2011, 7:07 AM Reply   
R F, given the quantity of your posts it seems to me that you may be searching for an answer. I have some thoughts for you:

- The definition of “faith” is to believe in something that you can’t prove. If you believe there is no God, then that is your faith. You can’t prove it. So, I quote you, “You should really not be such a darn sheep about your faith and follow what others say.”

- ‘Evolution’ is the most misinterpreted word in the media and science. ‘Evolution’ means to develop from a simple to a more complex form. In all of human science, this has never been proven to occur. The media uses this word to replace ‘adaptation’. Animals and humans adapt to their surroundings all of the time. The giraffe grew a longer neck, birds grew tougher beaks, etc. We see they adapted to their surroundings, but don’t see that they ‘evolved’ into a more complex animal. So, did we ‘evolve’ or were we created?

- Legitimate churches show you where every penny is spent. It’s not blind faith giving.

- Christianity is a personal belief and relationship with JC. It is not a religion. Islam is a religion. Religion was created by man.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-04-2011, 7:07 AM Reply   
Some folks derive satisfaction and fulfillment by placing their money in a basket at church, others by sliding dollar bills in a g-string at the strip club. Either way, you are spending your cash as you see fit. If paying the poor or some chick named Cinnemon is more important than your boat, sell your stupid boat and free up some dollars. Is it really that difficult?

One thing to consider, if you will continue to have some equity in your boat and you keep it, you can always flip it later if you get in a pinch. Or, if you get tight, you could cut back on the tithing until you can catch up later. Unless Gods going to start charging interest, that should work out for you.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-04-2011, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
One thing to consider, if you will continue to have some equity in your boat and you keep it, you can always flip it later if you get in a pinch. Or, if you get tight, you could cut back on the tithing until you can catch up later. Unless Gods going to start charging interest, that should work out for you.
Thats the way to do it right there.

and haha such a good way to put there chattwake
Old    readyaimfire            11-05-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
All religion does is try to add consequences to life. If most people didn't believe they were going to be judged for there actions, they would run a muck. Some people can see religion for what it is and others just hang on every word written (by man BTW) in fear. There are alot of different religions but they all have the same goal. To keep u in line. End of story.
Old    readyaimfire            11-05-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
Also, this thread has nothing to do with wakeboarding anymore, I think it should be put out to pasture. I'm done with it.