Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (supragirl)      Join Date: May 2011       06-24-2011, 5:34 AM Reply   
I'm a brand new wakeboard rider and currently have a 2006 Hyperlite Drive. We bought this board when we got our new boat and I wasn't really sure if I would be in to wakeboarding. Guess what? I absolutely love the ride so far and now I'm wondering if a new or better board would help me more. I also have open toe bindings and wondering if closed is better as I seem to see that more too. I have been looking at the Ronix Faith, Hope and Love, Liquid Force Jett and possibly the Hyperlite Eden. Hyperlite is much cheaper but not real sure I like this one quite as much as the other two. I'm caught between keeping what I got until I'm a little better or the thought of getting a new board that might improve my ride quicker. Thoughts?
Old     (TarahMik)      Join Date: May 2010       06-24-2011, 7:31 AM Reply   
Hey Tammy, that's so cool you're loving wakeboarding! I would take a look at the O'Brien Vixen. It's a really good price point board that you can progress with. Also, as a beginner, you're probably fine with open-toe boots. If you want more support though, look the O'Brien Skylas. They have an amazing fit!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-24-2011, 8:26 AM Reply   
Shirley had a Jett ,you are welcome to try it.I would suggest demoing or try others boards to find what you like.We will be at the lake this weekend if you want to try Shirley's old board.
Old     (supragirl)      Join Date: May 2011       06-24-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
Thanks, Robert. I'm bummed because we aren't going this weekend. Jamie's on call for work. Maybe we can hook up another weekend soon as trying hers out sounds good. We were going to try to get to Lake Anna's demo days either on the 1st or 15th if we could too.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-24-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supragirl View Post
Thanks, Robert. I'm bummed because we aren't going this weekend. Jamie's on call for work. Maybe we can hook up another weekend soon as trying hers out sounds good. We were going to try to get to Lake Anna's demo days either on the 1st or 15th if we could too.
Sounds good we will be there too.see ya then.
Old     (widnejr)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-25-2011, 8:12 AM Reply   
Tammy,

Not trying to hijack you thread here but I have a Jett (not sure the size 132??) and matching Melissa closed toe bindings size (5-7) that has only been rode like 5 times. It just sits in the garage begging to be rode. If you are interested I will be glad to send you some pics. It is a sweet set up that needs to be on the water. I am not trying to make any money on this thing it was my ex's and I really have no use for it, the board that is, well my ex too for that matter ;-) Seriously if you want some more details you can PM me and I will definately hook you up for way less than you could find one anywhere else...I know how addicting wakeboarding is; I went my first time 3 years ago and then went the next day and bought an $800 Byerly set up.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-25-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
That OB Vixen is a darn nice board and well built. Bought one for the wifey. Dallas Friday signature edition of course. She loves it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
The drive is a great board, I doubt it will hold you back, spend the money on lessons, a much better investment IMO
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-26-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
/\ yeah. A newer board isn't going to make you much of a better rider. It might be slightly poppier or edge harder but the wakeboards won't play much of a role in progress