Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-28-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hi,

I've had them for the last season and think they are terrific, so much i decided to buy another pair and hook them to an Hifonics 150.4 bridged in series. Can't wait to try em all 2 pairs on the water!

Anyways, I'd like to protect my investment from the rain, sun etc... since my boats sits outside.

What do you guys do? Do you use covers? Can't find any on the web for that application.

Could I use some kind of silicone lubricant on the speakers and plastics to keep them in good shape?

Thanks
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-28-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
You can go to Speakersox.com to get covers. $ 60.00 for a pair on the KMT6. I just looked the other day for myself.
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-28-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
Jonathan-

Water = good
Chemicals = bad

A damp rag will more than suffice at keeping these clean. Don't resort to chemicals, as they can react strangely, resulting in all sorts of bad cosmetic and mechanical issues. Other than that, yeah, the Speakersox covers are hard to beat. I recommend them.

Phil
Kicker
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-28-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Phil, is this also true for Aerospace 303, because that would be my recommendation to protect from UV rays.

I have used bug and tar cleaner on mine on a couple of occassions, and so far, no problems yet.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-28-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
I'm talking about the enclosures, not the speaker cones themselves.
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-28-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
Scott-

I suppose if one were careful with the 303 to not get it on the cones, it might be okay, but I know the enclsousres are made from UV stabilized plastic anyway. My thought is that anythig you put on them will stay on them, and if it didn't evaporate, where did it go? Into the plastic maybe?

I don't want to recommend anything that could inadvertantly damage the plastic or make it brittle due to an adverse chemical reaction. We all know what happened to car dashes in the late 70's and 80's when the automotive interior dressing chemicals came into fashion... Buy a set or two of the Sox, pull them off when riding and put them on when parked. Just like our skin, the best protection from UV damage is covering, not chemicals.

Phil
Kicker

Last edited by philwsailz; 04-28-2011 at 1:09 PM.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-30-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
Phil, i' ve sent you a PM about my speakers. I hope you could help me on this. thanks
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       04-30-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
I have speakersox on mine.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-30-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
Would go with the speaker sox. I have them on mine and they are great.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-04-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
For a simple cover i find they are not cheap. I need 2 pairs...

Anything cheaper??? It's just to cover them while not in use, don't need nothing fancy.

Last edited by espritv8; 05-04-2011 at 4:34 PM.