Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-15-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
so i found out i can get a really good deal on a pass his year, i want to get back into back into bombing stuff. etc, im over the terrain park for a while. is this a good mountain?
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-15-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Yeah, it's a great hill. IMHO Squaw is better and they had some really good deals this year too, but I think that time has passed.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       10-15-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Very good mountain!!!
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       10-15-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
I learned to ride at Squaw many years ago and still go there occasionally. I do like Squaw, but enjoy the vibe more at Alpine. If you are getting a deal on the pass, you will not be sorry!
Old    sperbet            10-15-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Alpine is the shizz. Great free riding and the park is decent too. Tons of really good terrain. With the Squaw pass that was offered I also expect that Alpine will be pretty empty this year, so more freshies for you!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-20-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
Squaw is going to be a joke this year. If you don't live in tahoe and get to ride the mid week fresh, then a pass at a place like Alpine will be bada$$.

Cool mountain. You'll love it. The only downers is that it gets "blown out" pretty easily and they close the top of the mountain. Also, there are still a lot of slow lifts there. Really only a problem if the mountain is busy.

If you can get a deal, DO IT! Have fun. Hopefully it'll be a good snow year this year. I'm ready for it.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
You think Evan? It will be interesting to see if there is a shift from South Shore to Squaw as a result of the pass. I wonder how it will affect Heavenly, SAT and Northstar? I have heard of quite a few peeps buying that pass but maybe that's just my small world.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-20-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
It's such a great deal for a pass for what is arguably the best mountain in tahoe. I think it's safe to say that the crowds will be deep on fresh pow days.

I doubt it'll pull much from South Shore. I think a lot of the guys that bought there would usually have Northstar or Sugar Bowl passes.

It doesn't much matter to me. I'll be riding wherever the homies are riding. Probably going to be Squaw a bit more this year than in past year, eh Scott?

I'm hoping it draws the crowds though. I'm still pass-less, so I'll be riding wherever I can get a hook up or the crowds are small.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       10-20-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
I guess squaw is one of those places you just have to know. I went there on a pow day i was so disapointed when the snow was really wet and only less than a ft of fresh. My boy called on the way home from kwood and was telling me that it was a few ft deep everywere on he mtn let alone he out of bounds stuff.

i think on a pow day most people in south shore head to kwood or heavy

(Message edited by nsolis220 on October 20, 2009)
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-21-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
^^^
Conditions change everyday. Kirkwood and Sugarbowl are much higher and hence get more/drier snow. But Squaw's terrain, KT, Headwall, Silverado and Palisades are pretty hard to beat. Wind doesn't close KT that much and on a storm day it is close to heaven.
Obviously if you can move around and go to all of them, that's best.
Old    sperbet            10-22-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
You know it Evan, picked up my pass last week. I'm now officially part of the country club. Getting a Sugarbowl pass too though, so we'll still be hitting that up on the regular.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-22-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
Now you're going to have to get yourself some polo's and cardigan's.

Sick!!!

Bring the snow.