Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
I'm having a little buyers remorse over my purchase of the XS-650's. I love how heavy they are but I not crazy about the grills. My Polks look fantastic in the boat. I put them side by side and thats when I got that feeling of did I do the wrong thing. My hope is the sound quailty is going to night and day and the asythics of looks passes. Hopefully this post will have been a waste of energy.

I got my Syn 4 today and its looks great and can't wait for the install.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-27-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
The WS are gonna sound a lot better, IMO, then the Polks.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-27-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
I hope this post is a waste of energy as well. My boat is in the shop waiting for 4 XS-650's to be installed into my tower cans tomorrow. I know they're not Pro Audio, but I sure hope they are better then MB Quarts that were in them before.

Moon
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-28-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
Wetsounds sounds better than polks.(period)

You should be pumped about the upgrade you just just made.
Old     (earmark_marine_audio)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
Aqua,

The Polk’s may be the best speaker under $100 a pair. We buy them 100 pair at a time so I’m very familiar with them and pro Polk.
But they’re not in the same ballgame with Wet Sounds WS650’s. If you don’t hear a dramatic upgrade with the Wet Sounds then you have an underlying problem in your system.

Every time Corvette changed their body style over the years I liked the old style better. But without fail I warmed up to the new and liked it more.

David
Earmark Marine

(Message edited by earmark_marine_audio on April 28, 2009)
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-28-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
FWIW, I just switched from the MMC650's to the WS's. I swapped all six speakers out. It made a world of difference. Could be the fact that all the highs were blown on the polks. Regardless, they are built like a tank compared to the polks. Should weather better in the long run.