Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
Where can I buy that flexible nylon mesh wire loom that people use to cover up their speaker wires on tower hinges?

I am not talking about the plastic split loom stuff that you can find anywhere. I'm looking for the mesh stuff. Thanks!!!!
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-08-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Ive saw it at Fry's Electronics yesterday, they had it in the wire management section with all the zip ties and heat shrink
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
thanks tailgate. i live in WI so we don't have Fry's, unfortunately.

Do you think they might have it at a BB or radioshack? I looked on the Radioshack website and couldn't find it.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-08-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
Probably won't find any of that stuff at radio shack. That place really blows now. If you can wait a few days, just order it from Mouser. It is made by Alpha Wire. They have a bunch of different sizes. Here's a link to one of the sizes. I'm sure yall can figure out how to search for different sizes.

http://mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=GRP-120NF14
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
http://stores.ebay.com/FURRYLETTERS_EXPANDABLE-SLEEVING-BLACK_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ408742016QQftidZ2QQtZ km

or Partsexpress.com. Product is often referred to as techflex.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
mcmaster carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sleeving/=1ctp00
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-08-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
I quit using the nylon mesh stuff on the towers, it's noy UV stable and deteriates fairly quick if in the sun a lot, at least where it's real hot. I actually found the black plastic loom un-split in colors on the net that i use now when i have time to get it.
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am doing the install this weekend so the online route doesn't work. I guess if I can't find anything local I will just use the convuluted split loom tubing, which seems to work ok.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Just go to your local auto parts store and look in the engine dressing section. They sell that stuff all the time for dressing up spark plug wires, heater hoses, etc. I did that for my tower wiring.