Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-15-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
..Just windering since Copes/Ulitimate has closed there doors, and all of us who have purchased boats from them and bought the Extended prtection plan that you are suppoes to get back the refund if you do not use it.

Is it still valid or is it gone???

Anyone with the same thoughts

Thanks
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-15-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
Pinnacle is a 3rd party company you should be good call them http://www.pppcoverage.com/contact_us.html
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-16-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
..I did & they said I have to go back to where the boat was purchased - not liking this right now
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
If the plan was purchased from copes, then I'd say it is null and void (the refund part) even though Pinnacle is the underwriter. For warranty work covered by the plan, you should be able to still get that honored at another dealer who reps Pinnacle. They should be able to provide you with a couple of other dealers. Good luck though, I hope it works out for you!
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-16-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
Are you eligible for a refund of the remainder of the warranty?
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
This will probably get ugly....Pinnacle is a separate entity, and will honor your warranty for repairs. However, if you cancel and want a refund, Pinnacle goes back to the issuing dealer and expects that they will give back their portion of the contract refund. Cope regularly marked up service contracts 2-300 percent, so the bulk of the refund amount would be on Cope...and they ain't got no money. So, In a word, the warranty is good for repair coverage, but I wouldn't bank on getting any money back from a cancellation.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
After re-reading your original post...another thought. Are you asking if you get a refund for cancelling the warranty, or are you asking about the program that repays you at the end of the warranty term if you never use it? If it's the latter, that is a separate deal itself. That program is actually an insurance program administered by another company..I think Cope used an outfit called North American Dealer Co-Op to gaurantee the deal. If that is the case, you should be good to go, as it has nothing to do with Cope...you aren't asking for a refund from Pinnacle, you are asking to be paid on the policy by NADC. Clear as mud, huh?

I have contact info for them..dig thru your paperwork and if you cant find any info, call me here and I will get you the numbers. I'm at a show until next week, though.

Tim

916-375-8777
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
After re-reading your original post...another thought. Are you asking if you get a refund for cancelling the warranty, or are you asking about the program that repays you at the end of the warranty term if you never use it? If it's the latter, that is a separate deal itself. That program is actually an insurance program administered by another company..I think Cope used an outfit called North American Dealer Co-Op to gaurantee the deal. If that is the case, you should be good to go, as it has nothing to do with Cope...you aren't asking for a refund from Pinnacle, you are asking to be paid on the policy by NADC. Clear as mud, huh?

I have contact info for them..dig thru your paperwork and if you cant find any info, call me here and I will get you the numbers. I'm at a show until next week, though.

Tim

916-375-8777
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-16-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
Meathead - that is what I was asking, if you do not use the program I'm suppose to be get a refund of $3,000.00 back. But when I called Pinnacle they said you have to go back to Ultimate for this.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Yeah...Pinnacle has no idea what you are talking about, because it's not their program. The refund is actually a different contract issued by a third party...probably NADC. Again, check all your original paperwork and look for a separate contract involving the warranty refund. As long as Cope did the paperwork and paid the fee, you should be okay on this. However, there was a company offering this plan a few years back that went belly up....so you need to verify who insured the rebate side of the deal.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-16-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
You are right its from NADS
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
I had a similar situation occur on a car in the State of Washington regarding an extended aftermarket warranty.

In my case the warranty co went out of busines. The State ordered the Car Dealer to honor the warranty. Perhaps the State can order the Warranty Company to do something as the Warranty Co would have to be licensed in the State it's doing business in. This also might fall under the Insurance Commissioner's Office too so check there.

Not sure if the Attorney General can do something in your State but it would be worth checking into.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure you are okay...just remember there is a pretty small window of opportunity to file for the "refund" from NADS...read the fine print carefully.

Best of luck, again give me a call if you need help. I'm an old Sonoma Co. guy myself.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
Ahhhh....I just pulled some NADS paperwork..I'm not liking some of the terminology...I'd give them a call and see what they say......