Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-19-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
I just bought a new Centurion SV230 and on the side of the boat it says "Ultra Low Emissions" Calif emission standard.

I don't have sideswipe and was planning to add Fresh Air Exhaust. Will I gain anything above the Ultra Low Emissions by adding the FAE other than the reduced noise?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-19-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
Yes,ultra low emission engines don't have cat. converters so they still emit dangerous levels of CO.Go with the FAE you'll love it.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-19-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Congrats! What Jay said... You sill have CO to worry about. I highly recommend FAE.

Details, details, ... tell us about the new boat.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-19-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
Yeah let's see a pict. of that baby.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-19-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
I will try to get some pictures. I added Samson swivel dual surf racks, 4 samson removeable Focal tower speakers,6 Kicker component interior speakers and L5 subwoofer,satelite radio.

Also added the enzo sack. Boat has a 5 ballast system including bow sack. Need to get a good cover though. Has the 537 prop.

Had a hard time locating a boat without Sideswipe but that was one critera as I had FAE on my last boat and loved it.

Will post pictures soon. Part of the ballast system is quite unique so I will send photos.

Now I have to wrestle with the idea of adding the Switchblade this winter after seeing the photos of James' Centurion Cyclone with the added switchblade. Wow what a wave.

Also I might experiment with removing the starboard midship and rear hard tanks and putting a 750fly high each in the midship and rear or trying the Enzo sack on the Starboard side for a goofy wake.

Thanks to BigShow and Solflower and others for answering all my questions.