Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
This spring i plan on buying a new boat.

I haven't really decided what i want, i plan on going and looking at a lot of different boats. But so far, my favorites have been the centurion avalanche c4, and the super air nautique 210.

I live on a lake that is a little over 200 acres, so i need something 21-22 feet at the most. I also have been thinking about malibu, but i dont like the looks of the 09's. Ive also been looking at the Sanger 215 as well. So basically to make a long story short, can you guys help me with some pros and cons of the following boats:

Centurion Avalanche c4
Super air nautique 210
Malibu wakesetter vlx
Sanger v215

Thanks a lot! Keep Riding!!
Old     (da_bomber)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Conner,

Centurion is the cheapest but remember you get what you pay for(if i were you i would scratch this one)

Air nautique is an awesome boat all around, but its a little cramped when it comes to room and storage,

Malibu is one of the best boats on the market, great options i mean has the best options of any boat (accessories) has great storage, great power, great wake. But for the price there are boats just as good for less money (Look into the MB Sports B-52)

Sanger looks great,has lots of storage, pretty good wake, and pretty roomy, also great engine the Black Scorpion is equiviliant
to the PCM.

My Suggestions are as follows: check out the Supra's and the MB Sports, and if suggest test riding them all thats the only way you will know what is right for you. Personally i test rode the Matercraft (this one i would never buy looks awesome but does not perform like others and way to much money), Supra (i almost pulled the trigger on that boat (great all around), Sanger ( did not like the feel when driving thru choppy water, felt like the bolts were going to fall out) MB Sports B-52 ( Great storage, terrific power, handles the choppy water awesome, i can go on and on but i loved everything about it except it did not come with a built in beer keg!!!!!
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       08-24-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
Conner, good info from C.F., also check out the 21' MB Sports Tomcat(09'). great all around boat.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
I wouldnt exactly scratch the Avey C4. the 09s are lookin really good all around. But im partial to Centurion. Nautique and Sanger always have a quality boat. Malibu is right there with them also.

It really come down to you. we dont know what you are lookin for. are you mainly a wakeboarder. are you mainly a surfer. what are you gonna be doin with it. mainly though, go demo it. you know what you like. i wouldnt spend 60k with out demoing a boat. (that by the way is how much a moderately outfitted Avey is gonna run).

Just go test run one. If you have any questions about a centurion, you are welcome to pm me. i am a centurion dealer.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-25-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
That's an easy choice Super Air Nautique 210.
Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Yeah I plan on going and test driving all of them. Ive looked into mastercraft, they have an awesome boat, but they are EXPENSIVE. Hell if i were to get one it would be the x-15, and those are BASE PRICED and like 63,00! I surf as well as wakeboard, i do a little bit of wakeskating as well. Thank you guys for all the help, keep the advice coming!!
Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
woops, typo haha...the x-15's are base priced at 63,000. if they were 6300 my ass would be down at action watersports in the blink of an eye!!
Old     (five_cent_worth)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-25-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
I have looked at all the ones you have listed above with the exception of the Sanger. I like the VLX 1 and the C4 2. Didn't care for the Super Air. VLX seems to have the most room and is the reason for it being choice 1.
Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
The thing i dont like about the malibu is that stupid bow filler thing, you have no where to put your feet! And ive seen an 09 at the local malibu dealer and it is nasty! I LOVE the 08's, but what are the chances of finding an 08 with everything i want on it?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-25-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
honestly, i would say your chances are exceptional. not exactly slim pickings right now.
Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
Any leftover 08 Loaded up vlx's with the hammerhead out there?
Old     (da_bomber)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
Conner,

08 Malibu fully loaded are out there with the economy the way it is right now i guarantee there are alot of them available, people are not spending money right now cause almost no one has equity in there home to pull out, but do remember the Bu comes at a high price as well and with the way the economy is you should get one for a great price.
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
Conner,

My loaded 08 VLX with HH is going on the market next week. Everything except heater and shower. 115 hours

http://vgallery.slavick.com/Default.aspx?p=Malibu/08%20VLX/
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
Sick boat Larry!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-25-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
200 acres? Man, thats a pond. Your gonna spend a lot of time turning around.

All nice boats. But pretty big price difference. The Malibu can be ordered without the bow ballast if you need somewhere to put your feet. But frankly, I don't know anyone who uses the bow that way. We leave that cushion in there & use the bow as a playpen, and storage underneath.
Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-26-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
Yeah its like 250 i think. But yes it does get a little annoying having to turn all the time. Larry, why doesnt your VLX have a tower on it? Does it have the Hammerhead in it?
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-26-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
Conner,

Look at all the pics... The first set are at the factory before tower install. Later pages have the tower with all options installed. 4 racks, mirror and WetSound speakers. It does have a Hammerhead. GREAT stereo!!!

You want the bow ballast in the VLX. And, like others have said, you won't miss the foot room. Never been an issue for us.

I will be posted it forsale when I return from the Labor Day holiday.

Email me for more details. larry@slavick.com
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-26-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
I would say Sanger V215 would be perfect for a small lake, but I'm a little biased. Check them all out and decide fro yourself.
With the economy where it's at right not 80% of MSRP is reasonable.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-26-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
80% off MSRP, thats funny, good luck with that
Old    pdxWAKE            08-26-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
read what he wrote again.... 80% of MSRP.... hence 20% off MSRP
I misread it at first too
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-26-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
What good reason could you have for not just driving all of them you are interested in? Seems like a pretty big investment to make on opinion-however valid they may/may not be.
Old    falcon_v            08-26-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
What is wrong with a Centurion. I own one and have had no probs with the boat it is a Falcon V and has 40hrs on it.
Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-27-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
Chris im with ya man.
My current boat now is a 1999 centurion elite v drive, and its been an awesome boat. Its just that its 10 years old...and its time for a new one!

And Jason, I planned on looking at all of them, and test driving them, i just wanted to see what you guys though of the boats.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-27-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Here's a good question. How far are you from all the dealers? How's dealer support on all the boats you mentioned?
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-27-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
Mastercraft X2 is also a great all around wakeboat. You can get one loaded for around $65,000. Its only a little over a foot shorter than the X15 but it has more bow space and because of where the internal ballast is put its a great surf and wake boat. Plus with the folding swim step and the swing away hitch it will fit snugly in most garages. Check out the new VDIG on the mastercrafts. Its revolutionary and basically total control of your boat at the push of a button.
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-27-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Why not buy a Centurion Falcon in mid 40'S save your 20 Grand over a X2 and when you go to resale in 10 years get the same money or very close
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
Take a look at the Supra 21 V also! Solid wake for a 21 ft boat.
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-27-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Where are you located?
Old     (steveotx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-27-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
The SAN 210 is more than the MC? I second the X2 and would say take a look at the Supra 21V
Old     (ir1d3)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Im north of grand rapids MI.

Ive looked at the supras, i hate their seats.

also looked at MC, not having much luck with the dealer to work out a deal, i called in on an 05 x star they have because i was curious on what the price would be and he didnt want less than 59. for it, and he said it will only drop a couple thousand at the most, and for an 05 to be that much money, sometings wrong there. ive talked to the nautique, and malibu guys a lot, and where the nautiques are sold, so are centurion. Im yet to talk to sanger.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-28-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
Connor - Im a Supra guy and Im not knocking your style. What is it about the seats that you do not like and I'll pass it along. Thanks