Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-05-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Anyone talked with the Fusion in the last few

weeks??

I spoke with Bruce a month ago because my clamps

and cans are pitting. He told me to send him so

pic's and he would see what he could do to help

me. I heard they where going to start suppling

Cobalt Boats tower speakers and be an OEM, so I

thought business must be good. I saw that their

web site has not be updated since 2006 so now

I'm worried their gone.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-05-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
If they are I hope they send me my stuff back. I live in Georgia and half of my tower add ons are somewhere in Cali, has been for three months, getting the same "pitting" fixed. Atleast you have gotton ahold of them though. They never pick up the phone, refuse to return my calls and do not respond to e-mails. Wish I could get this stuff back or atleast my money back.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-05-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
I called last year in August about my clamps failing (actually the screw kept stripping) and they sent me 4 replacement clamps for free within a week.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-05-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Funny you post this. I have the same pitting and dulling on my cans. No one ever picks up and no call back through the number on their site.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-05-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
No so happy about the service I've gotten lately. I've called several times reguarding speaker and clamp issues. I've left messages he's answered one email so I replied and haven't heard back.
I know this is prime season for these guys, but all the more reason to keep up customer relations.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-05-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
I had the biggest problems with those clamps on my last boat. screws kept stripping out and i could never get them tight enough, as far as I'm concerned they are junk
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       03-06-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
This reminds me of an experience I had with one of their board racks. I purchased one a couple of years ago from one of Fusion's distributors for my illusion tower. When I got the rack it had a real funky mount system for the illusion and no directions. I figured it out the best I could by trial and error and by calling them for tech help. After mounting, the rack seemed to have quite a bit of play in it. It looked good but I had my doubts about it. So, the first day we are out I am being pulled and my buddy driving has to cut across a pretty big wake. All of a sudden he kills the throttle, causing me to of course sink. I ask him what is going on and he says your rack just fell into the lake!! I was not pleased with this seeing that I hadn't even had the pleasure of watching my 300 + dollars sinking to the bottom! I called the distributor and they of course referred me to Fusion who told me that they didn't even make a mount for the Illusion tower. When I described the mount to the guy (which I still had) he said that it was for one of their speakers!! At first they didn't want to refund my money but after a little encouragement they finally agreed.
I was just a little confused by the whole thing...why did they send the thing out in the first place with a speaker mount. And, if they don't even make a mount for my tower, why did a tech guy try to help me install it? Very strange.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-07-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Fusion is still in business, and I happen to be friends with the owners as well as I have been a dealer with my former employer buying hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment.

All products can have issues, and I've
seen Fusion first hand correct some of the mentioned issues with changes in design and manufacturing. Overall, they have a very low percentage of failure rate(as I stated, I easily outfitted 50 boats a year with their equipment) but like any product, there has been issues with some product. I contacted the owner for you guys and he requested that those of you with
issues contact him via email.

Any warranty issues should be directed to info@fusionwake.com and they will do the best to sort things out. In the course of a day, typically you may get a voice mail, but they do their best to return calls within 24 hours
when a message is left.

I hope that takes care of you guys. Tim, hope you got squared away finally. Shoot me an email if you ever need anything, $300 is way too much to spend on one of their racks and it sucks for everybody involved when somebody changes a product from the way a manufacturer intends it to be used and it fails. Sure it says Fusion on it, but it sounds like it wasn't the way Fusion intended it to be used.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-07-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
While every products do have problems the first thing that comes to mind when I hear anything about fusion is pitted chrome and stripped speakers mounts. I have heard these two specific problems when it comes to fusion come up countless times.
Old    star_star            03-08-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
i have had two pair of their I Series board racks on my 2005 XStar and they are jam-up nice racks. they are filthy dirty but not pitted. of course, i think they are aluminum as opposed to chrome. i would buy them again if i damaged a pair.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-09-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
I have been having the same problem.. I have emailed them 5 times and called and left voicemails on atleast twice a week. I have gone through 3 pairs of cans because of pitting and 2 pairs of boardracks for the same reason. They used to have great service but I would really like to know what is going on. My speakers have pitted so bad I dont even want to put them on my tower anymore. So if anyone gets a hold of them please let me know..
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
Anybody heard from these guys yet?
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-11-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
I have not heard a thing. I've tried email and phone. The midget must be on their payroll to say good things while everyone else we are going to be left holding the bag. So the saying is wrong you don't get what you pay for.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-11-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
"I have not heard a thing. I've tried email and phone. The midget must be on their payroll to say good things while everyone else we are going to be left holding the bag. So the saying is wrong you don't get what you pay for."

I'm thinking so.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-11-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
Ya know what guys, I'm not on their payroll.

Thanks for being jerk offs. I made an attempt to help you guys out and now you are talking smack. I'm pretty sure I stated I was a dealer when I was in the marine industry. I sent an email and they stated they would reply to emails and thanks for bringing this to their attention. I'm sorry that things are happening that I have no control over. I supplied you guys with an email address and even offered to refer you to a dealer who wouldn't overcharge you for board racks.

This is why some people on wakeworld are huge cancers to this whole site. I rarely come around here anymore because there is so much attitude and mfg bashing.

I have tried to contact companies in the past for customer service and never got a reply as well. I didn't go start a thread and sure as hell wouldn't bash some guy who made an attempt to help me out.

Good luck.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-11-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Yeah sorry if that came across as bashing you WTM, didn't mean it that way. That was supposed to be said as a joke.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
Lets not get too excited now it has only been four days. I think the comment was alittle out of line and I the wake community is still to small to be bashing one another.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-11-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
guys, sorry, I take a lot of offense quickly. I've just been accused of being a bad dealer in the past when I was actually trying to help someone out.

Salesmen and dealerships can get such a bad reputation on this site at times, nobody ever realized the thousands of dollars in non-reimburse gas I bought organizing clinics, participating in contests, hell, I even stopped after midnight to assist truck and boat on the side of the freeway, went to my dealership and got the guy a spare tire. Some of us in the industry do work hard make it progress. And yes, there are guys out there who just try to make the sale or offer lousy service and I agree with the rest, it's a bummer.

I guess I'm just used to seeing guys praising vendors on offroad truck sites giving professional advice and wakeworld just doesn't come close to offering that vibe. Off my soapbox, back to your regularly scheduled thread. Hope you guys hear from Fusion soon enough.

And FYI, they did re-engineer the clamp to avoid stripping after the first couple years. Not sure how that has held up as I've been out of it for over a year and a half, but the design change made sense to me.
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-11-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
Yes, same problem with me. I have both the chromed racks and the aluminum polished racks and light bar. The chromed ones after only one year are losing all the chrome in thin laminas. The polished ones are a little better even if they are heavily pitted. I had to have them ri-polished by a professional polisher but they did not last long.
I have to say that my boat is in a salt water environment, but this should not justify such a short life of the products.
I finally changed brand and I did not have any problem anymore. Sorry to say that but although Fusion guys make an excellent product as far as design and functionality is concerned, they surely have to improve the finish of their products.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-12-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
"Some of us in the industry do work hard make it progress."

Not to come off as bashing Fusion or anything, but being the first to go offshore and bring in Chinese die cast crap, then sell it at a premium price, is not exactly what I would call "progression."

(Message edited by Joe 788 on March 12, 2008)
Old     (riverdog)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-12-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
I've emailed fusion twice about getting a replacement grill for my speakers and not recieved a response back. Thats enough to make me not buy them again or recomend to anyone else. I'm a big believer in customer service.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-12-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
I didn't mention it before but I had a clamp strip out.
Old     (steveotx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-13-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Has anyone ordered replacement speakers for the T series? I think my 5 1/4 may be fried.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-13-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
Try emailing customer service LOL
Old     (steveotx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-13-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
I had the clamps strip as well, but the new X2 tower "pod" mounts will hopefully eliminate that.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-22-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
ANYTHING YET
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-22-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
Just heard thursday stuff is in the mail. Fusion is slammed right now with spring stuff and they are a very small company. I'm sure Bruce will make things right. Hope things turn out well for every one.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-23-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I called them fri., left a message. Cindy called me back within about 2 hours.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-25-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
I still have had no luck. These people have really left a sour taste in my mouth.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-25-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Tanner
What results have you seen.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-25-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
Getting everything taken care of.
Old     (steveotx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-28-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Gotta give FUSION a shout out for the QUICK response to a call today. They returned my call in less than an hour and will be taking care of my question next week. If the parts deliver as discussed, it will be as good as any service I have gotten from others in the industry, so quit raining on the Fusion Parade!
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
Wasn't trying to rain on the parade I was just stating that it seemed like that had been quite a few problems with the stripping and pitting. Glad to see they came through for you!
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Well guys I see that my problems is still not much of their concern, even though they have had $700 worth of my stuff for 5 months now. I have not tried to rush this by any means and I still have had no responce after countless e-mails and phone calls. It looks like I am going to be out the $700 and saving up for replacements.

I don't care what their plans are but this place will be out of business before long. It is to small, poor product, and poor customer service.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-07-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Yeah a I have yet to hear back about my stripped clamp.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-07-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
I know that i posted some bad things about them, but there not out of bussiness. when i talked to the lady she said that they dont deal directly with comsumers. She told me to call the place to you originally purchased the speakers. They are not out of bussiness but they are extremly busy. Just bear with it they will get to you. I had the same problem and on one random day they called me back and helped me asap. But she told me the best way to get to them is through the dealer..
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
I never said they are out of business, but they are heading that way. The place I originally purchased them from quit carring the fusion products because of their bas customer service and low quality of product. That is a direct quote from a wakeside sales rep. So what am I left to do?
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-07-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
Today I received a box from Cindy at Fusion. Its a pair of T series with leds that are to replace my first pair. I was grateful and relieved that they called me back. I was surprised that they sent me whole speakers and not parts to swap out the pitted cans.

Thank you fusion are surpassing my expectations on your customer service.

Zach
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Well I got a response today. I was given these clamps by a friend who bought new ones from fusion to fit is new tower but he does take great care of his stuff and only installed them once. When I was installing them the first time was when I discovered the clamp was stripped and I don't feel that I came anywhere close to over tightening it.

Response:
Jay,

Clamps that have been used by multiple owners within a timeframe over a year are most likely not defective. You can not believe everything that is posted on Wakeworld. Stripping of threads, within our clamps, is not a unique issue. There are many reasons that clamps can become stripped, but usually not due to manufacturer defects.

We did change our clamps a few years ago with the 45 degree angle design to assist with installation…not due to any design flaws in our previous design.

We can offer you dealer pricing @ $31.50 per clamp if you are interested in purchasing replacements.

Cindy Kinnee

www.fusionwake.com

P - 925-924-1365

F - 925-924-0124
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
My clamps stripped out as well and I am the original owner. I installed the cans once and wanted to move them to another spot on the tower and when I did that is when they pitted. That response is not good enough. The 2nd time I moved the cans is when they failed. The screw they use is terrible. I am very disappointed in fusions response. If everyone is having the same problems they need to fix it and not make you pay dealer cost. Thats bull
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-09-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Everyone of the clamps I've seen that stripped were from crossthreading... I.E. User error. People are in to much of a hurry and don't get the there clamps aligned correctly, and then the crossthreading occurs.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
Yeah, if the clamp initially bolted up well, I don't see how it can be defective. Steel bolts in Aluminum is always dangerous. What usually causes the stripping is cross threading, or simply not keeping up on the clamps and allowing them to come loose. Once they come slightly loose, the steel bolt grinds away at the threads in the clamp. Over tightening is another cause.

I allowed the clamps to come loose on my NVS speakers. By the time I noticed, it was too late. I had to buy new clamps. 31.50 is a deal.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-09-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
Threads in cheap aluminum castings are especially bad. Pitting chrome is usually caused by improper surface preparation during chroming. Sounds like Chinese garbage materials are causing both problems to me.

That's also likely the same reason the problem isn't being fixed, and they're just throwing new product out to everyone. You have to buy HUGE lots when dealing with places like China / India, so they probably have quite a bit of inventory to get rid of.