Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (jessec)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-19-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
I have been reading posts on this board for about four years and I have finally needed to post a question.

Does anybody know of or have a suggestion for wakeboard lessons around the Birmingham Alabama area? Traveling to TN or GA would not be an issue either. I am looking at getting help with technique. Unfortunately I am classified as a heelside hero and I am tired of it! I can do backrolls, Tantrums and 3s all heelside, but when it comes to toeside, it's face plant after face plant! I would like to ride with a professional coach that could correct my heelside approach and teach proper toeside. Any help on finding a coach would be appreciated.
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-19-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
I'm in Birmingham and I'd be more than happy to help you. Hit me up at bizzuck@gmail.com
Old     (alecia_lts)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-20-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
Jesse-

Give us a shout down here at LTS. We would love for you to come and train with us. 954-520-0620.

Alecia and Dean
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       02-21-2008, 5:44 AM Reply   
Hi Jesse,
I have Tige Team rider Cathy Williams come to our house on Lewis Smith Lake each summer for clinics.I will email you later when I have some dates set for sure.I usually wait till school is out for the summer starting the second week of June and later.Also, Matt Sims is on Smith Lake and gives private lessons in your boat.He is a great rider and always helps me with my clinics.
Karen Nelems, my email Nelems@bellsouth.net
Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-21-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Jesse, Which lake do you ride on? I have seen some of your posts and vids on the Moomba site.......

Karen and Bizzuck I am sending you both emails.......
Old     (jessec)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-22-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
Steve, I am on Lay Lake (parents live there). I live in Birmingham near Liberty Park/ Summit area. I am about 5 minutes from the 459/20 interchange. Did you ever send me an email? I would love to find other riders that have progressed further than I have. I need help. I seem to be stuck......very frustrating.
Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-22-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
Jesse, we are just above you on Logan Martin. Trust me you are well above where I am in my progression.

I enjoy riding and am always wanting to learn and if your bored you are always welcome to come up river and ride with us and maybe even teach us something.

How far down Lay are you? We put the Seadoos in below the dam and ride for 30 miles or so just to see if I would damage the boat if I put in up there. sure would be some nice riding from what I saw, edges sure are creepy tho.....

Let me know if you ever make it up our way and I will give you a pull, we are only about 3 miles from the dam..........
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Try contacting Wes at Gravity research in GA. I am pretty sure some of his riders give lessons.
http://gravityresearchcompound.com/home.htm
Old     (jessec)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-23-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Steve, I will definitely keep in touch. When do you plan on putting your boat in? I will send you an email with my contact info. I would love to ride with you guys.
Old     (greygoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-24-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
Jesse

We have Brisco coming for several days to North Alabama in May. Call Devin at Alabama Watersports and she can give you the details and exact dates. Teh number is 256-729-1970.
Old     (jessec)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-24-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
greygoose, thank you for the info, I will follow up on this as well. I really appreciate the info form everyone. I seem to be finding a lot of "water" friends to hang with this summer! Thanks to everyone!!
Old     (finleym)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
We had Stef Tor come in last year and I was having trouble with my toeside edge as well. She helped me a ton, I can clear toeside just as easy as heelside now. She is an awesome coach!!