Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-09-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Hey all you edit-heads, what's your opinion of the best video editing software that is reasonably priced. I know FInal Cut Pro is well liked but I'm not spending $700 to edit my $10 videos! Any suggestions?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-09-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
How about iMovie for free?
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-09-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
uhh the guy at the apple store said they got some ultimate editing stuff for $1300

and then when i realized it wasn't $129 (because i couldn't belive in thousand dollar software), he told me for a less experienced person who wants something better than i movie
they got a "watered down version" that can pretty much do everything i want to for a very nice home movie

he said its $300 and said since i'm in school i get it about half price if i do something at apple.com on the far right side closer to the top.. .so $150 for nice software is gonna work for me!

and if your outta school, either a) use your kids to get it b) no kids? use a neice/nephew/family member in school and i don't want to keep thinking so there you go
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-09-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
The $1300 SW is Final Cut studio which is an all in one bunch of Pro apps including final cut pro, motion, DVD studio pro, soundtrack, compressor, livetype.

The $300 SW you mention is final Cut Express which is a pretty full featured version. In fact if you have to ask what Final Cut Pro has that FCE doesn't you probably don't need those features anyway.

Adobe just came out with Premiere for the Mac again and there is a free version of Avid DV available on Avid's website (I think it's still there anyway)
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-10-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thanks folks. I forgot to mention I'm PC based. I've tried Pinnacle...hated it, tried Nero, OK. I'll look at Avid. I'm assuming imovie is only Mac based?
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Windows Movie Maker 2 is free.

Adobe Premiere Pro (I think Adobe Live) is an upper level video editor... that's what I use.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-10-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
I am biased because I work for the company, but I use DVDit Pro from Sonic. This or Scenarist are some well used pro applications. The home version is MyDVD or DVDit. Send Me a PM, I may have some samples left in my closet.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-11-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Flack - I'm sending you a PM.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-11-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
I should have realized you didn't have a MAC when you asked about inexpensive software to begin with!

(I'm beginning to sound like that Mac vs PC ad!)

Anyhow check and see if Avid has a free stripped down version of Avid DV for windows available on their website. Even a stripped down version of Avid SW is better then a lot of the stuff out there. The other PC NLE that seems to be real popular is Sony's Vegas Video.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Thanks Rich! It looks like I'll be trying out Flack's product. I'll post up when I try it out!
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-27-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
Flack - Thanks buddy, got it in the mail Thurs. I will mess around with it this week! Mucho thanks!
Mike