Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-01-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
hey whats up, I just wanted to see how many INT riders were on wakeworld, I personaly think the INT rocks! and if you dont ride in it, than I strongly encourage you to check it out and see what its all about!
http://www.intleague.com
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-01-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
The INT is a great way to get into competive wakeboarding. My family has been involved since 1999 and have great memories & made many great friends over the years. Thanks to Rick Stocks & family for the vision. Looking forward to the USC this year and a visit to the French quarter
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-01-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
int is great. to bad there is no more central cal. we will now be going to all of the delta rider events. went to 2 of them last year and they were awesome.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-01-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I usually watch a few events each year. I don't think I've met you but I have seen you ride before.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-01-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Our family LOVES INT. We have competed for the past 3 years and we won't be giving it up any time soon. It's a great way to meet other wakeboarding folks and to compete in a fun and non-threatening environment.

FYI- There will be two NorCal INT events in the former Central Cal area. One will be on the Delta, and the other one will soon be announced. The other events are on an absolutely fabulous setting of competition lakes called Villa Lagos, between Corning and Red Bluff.

Contact Chuck and Linda Payton for more info:
http://www.intleague.com/ncalifornia/index.html
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-01-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
BTW- For the INT events there is free camping at Villa Lagos, and there is always a free dinner Saturday Night for riders and their families, in addition to fun events in the evenings. Come and make a weekend of it!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
Hey clay, your a moron. You left your phone charger and board at my house. ill swing them by sometime this week lol.

but i ride INT in arkansas
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-02-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
we are gonna ride INT in Arkansas this year!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       04-02-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
I have a lot of fun at the INT comps. I have been doin the Cen Cals for the last two years. They are fun laid back events. I will be doin the Nor Cals this year. I have heard nothing but good things about them and I know Chuck and Linda are great people, so count BG in.

Also for all of the Cen cal peeps check out the DRA events. Gary and the world famous Dave B. run them and do a great job for riders and spectators. Hope to see you all at the DRA and Nor Cal events.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-02-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
We will be at the Arkansas INT's this year.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-02-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
Hey clay, This is James Lyle. we talked a few times last year at the INT's.. I figure we will be out there, you dont have a new list of divisions do you?? Since it has changed?? Thanks bro
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
peter thanks for info. we will go to the events in central area .villa lagos is just to long of a drive for us. talked to chuck at usc ,cool guy and sounds like he and his wife run great contest with a good family environment.
Old     (seansmitty42)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-03-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
does ne one ride it in ks i was thinking about it just for fun i guess im kind of a heelside hero lol
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-03-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
I signed up for the so cal events this year. hope not to make too big of a fool of myself.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-03-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
What?

I hate to be one of those "grammar/spelling Nazis" but folks, please write so we can understand what you are trying to say. Sean, not to bust on you, but did you read what you wrote before you posted? I would hope everyone could take one extra minute and proof read before you post.

P.s.- No one gets angry if you do make an attempt to spell correctly, use proper punctuation and follow the general rules of English. I know I have made mistakes and will continue to do so but at least I will try to make it look like I finished 6th grade.
Old     (seansmitty42)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
sorry dad. Does any one ride in the Kansas event? I was thinking about riding in it this year, for fun. I guess I'm kind of a heel side hero and don't know if it would be worth it.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-04-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Well dun sun.
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-04-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
i like INT just for the fact that it actually gives some of the younger kids a chance to go to nationals for something they love-- on the other hand Indiana only has 3 stops this year which are all at the same lake-- this is a huge disappointment because for one the lake is not that great and two- it seems that every year indiana's program is getting shorter, and more expensive-

The NWL is getting bigger in the midwest so thats good and those contests are fun because they dont have the strict structure of INT-- i like them both just putting out my views....
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
CALEB BRING ME MY BOARD! haha, since Im always over your house Im sure I will get it in a few days, not like I can ride anyway until my knee gets better!

James- The new devisions are posted on the web site, I put the link up there, but they are pretty lengthy so I got lazy and didnt want to type them they mostly just added a few inverts to the intermediate thru expert
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
Oh, and great to see everyone exited about the INT!
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
INT events are a lot of fun. I have met some lifelong friends through INT and I hope to meet some more this year. We have some good stuff planned for Nor Cal INT this year.

Clay, Tell Bret I said hi.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-05-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
I met one of my best friends at an INT tournament. Now we are neighbors...
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-05-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
I have to agree with Matt on this one. Since Indy is only having 3 stops. I am only riding NWL this year. Plus its something I can afford the trip from downtown to the locations better. Than 2 ½ hrs north of me. Don’t get me wrong INT is so much fun but our state seems to be going down hill it seems.
Matt, when will you be back home and maybe we can meet up to ride sometime
Old    wakejjboard12            04-05-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
somebody needs to come to alabama and teach the idiots running INT how to put on an event like you guys have...
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Jessica- the "idiots" running INT in Alabama would be more than happy to let you help them out. Rather than call them names offer to help-
INT is run by volunteers. Beleive me, not many INT tours are making money, and most don't break even. Why do they do it? Not to be called "idiots" for sure........Step up or shut up- or at least offer constructive critisism
Old    wakejjboard12            04-05-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
Dude-

"Believe me, not many INT tours are making money, and most don't break even."

they see it as a business here. thats my problem. sorry if i offended you in any way. the thing is i hear all of these great things about INT in other states and i just wish thats how things were ran here.
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-05-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
personally i understand that some of the even organizers lack the help they need to keep INT running smoothly which is probably the case for the indiana INT-- BUT if they are not going to commit totally to making the events be the best they can, then why bother? i think if they do not want to organize the events anymore they need to find people that want to take over as coordinator- not just let the program suffer each year while people lose interest. Also, i understand that it may be tough to find new coordinators, however, without the threat of losing the program no1 will step up (most likely) - congrats to those states who have a solid INT set-up in their state
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
I know the Alabama coordinators and they're good people and work hard. No offense taken personally
Many INT State Coordinators are parents as well, and get involved with INT because its a safe, clean, family environment that offers a positive place for their kids and others to compete. Balancing a 40+ hour workweek and planning a season of events takes A LOT of time alone, not to mention the financial commitment. We haven't even discussed tournament weekend when they start set up early in the am before anyone shows up and tear down Sunday evening when everyone else is having pizza sitting at home in front of the TV.
I am sure Henry and Kim would LOVE your help in Alabama-
But also like I suggested there is NOTHING wrong with criticism when its constructive. Offer them ways to make it bigger and better and i'm sure they'll listen
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
BTW-
Nor Cals famous Chuck and Linda Peyton will have events in Central Cal, as well as the So Cal tour has an event out at Wolf Lakes by Fresno. Check the websites.......
Old     (bnall)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-05-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
Dude-

I've also rode INT in AL a few times and I'm not trying to knock anyone But if those guys want some sugestions all they have to do is look at some of these other states and they will see the difference in how they're running things and how everyone else is running things... But if they really want to do it like it needs to be done then someone needs to tell them to checkout a AMBUSH tourny! Now thats what wakeboarding is about! I will suggest to everyone that if you get the chance to go to one, not to pass it up!
Old    wakejjboard12            04-05-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
looks like it's "No Worries" for Alabama... http://nasainc.net/noworries/nw.html
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-05-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
is So Cal really having an event at Wolf Lakes? I thought they were going to be somewhere in Kermin or something like that.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
So Cal INT Event Schedule for 2007
Contact the Galli Family for info, but check the website first.....

http://www.intleague.com/scalifornia/index.html

May 19, 2007 Paradise Lake, Bakersfield Wakeboard
June 9,2007 Wolf Lakes, Fresno Slalom/Wakeboard
June 10, 2007 Wolf Lakes, Fresno Slalom/Wakeboard
June 30, 2007 Horner's Lake, Kerman Slalom/ Wakeboard
July 1, 2007 Horner's Lake, Kerman Slalom/ Wakeboard
July 14, 2007 Randy's Lake, Porterville Slalom
August 4, 2007 South Lake, Taft Slalom/ Wakeboard
August 5, 2007 South Lake, Taft Slalom/Wakeboard
August 25, 2007 Lake Elsinore Slalom/Wakeboard
August 26, 2007 Lake Elsinore Slalom/Wakeboard
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
The lake at Kerman is awesome- you'll LOVE it!
South Lake is cool too. Has some sliders but INT doesn't use them. Maybe hit 'em on a practice run though
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-05-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Jessica, I think my son is going to be riding in the No Worries Tour this year. I have talked to some of the organizers and it sounds like it will be a lot of fun plus it's for a good cause. It will be a WWA event. Are any of you planning on riding in them?
Old    wakejjboard12            04-06-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
Our crew is DEF gonna check out the No Worries this year...