Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
Hey all.. I have the camo transits from last year. Will this problem get better as the laces get more rough? They constantly get loose while I ride even though I tighten them down well. Should I take a little sandpaper to them to wear them in so they will hold in the "lock" thing better?? I really dont want to have to ditch them. Thanks for the help! -Tyler
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-12-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
STUPID QUESTION I KNOW BUT: THE PLASTIC LOCKS ARE LOCKING RIGHT? THEY HAVE A LITTLE "GEAR" THAT WEDGES THE 2 STRINGS INTO THE "V" OF THE LOCK. IF THE STRINGS ARE REAL NEW STIFF ETC... IT SHOULD FIX IT'S SELF, HAVEN'T HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH MINE OTHER THAN ON HARD FALLS, AND USUALLY THEN I COME OUT WITH THE LOCK STILL IN PLACE.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Mine do the same thing, they are getting a little better after 6 months, but I still wouldn't mind putting Hyperlite locks on the laces. The 04's have better locks on them
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
hmm, ok. And yes they are locking. I push them in hard. It just seems like on a fall I have to tighten at least 2 of the 4. Damn annoying. Very comfortable...but worthless when they're loose. Are your laces still new or kinda roughed up now? Im thinking the newer/the slicker...resulting in loosening.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
psyclone...what are hyperlite locks? Are they actual lace locks?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-12-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Yeah I have the same prob. They usually loosen when I fall, but i dont care cause i can fasten them again while waiting for the boat to come around. I think the 06 have a better lock system
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-12-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
I was/am having the same problems with my 2005 sphynx's. they will loosen on occasion while I am riding. kinda of a PIA. it is a little difficult to tighten while riding.
I dont anticipate having the same problem with my new Zeus'.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
I can believe it happens to alot of ppl. Regardless of tightening them while the boat comes back, that gets very annoying...especially when your working on a trick that you fall at many times. Id rather catch my breath and float then tighten them everytime. I say very poor design by LF. Def not happy with them.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-12-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
I tried the 06 sphynx today, the lock system is much better. I think if you ask LF to send you some 06 locks for your bindings they would do it gladly. Or maybe you could get them at your boardshop. My bf once needed 1 new lock and Performance sent him for free the 4 locks. The transits are by far the best bindings Ive ever tried, and I wouldnt change them just because of the locks
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-13-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
I ride the '06 Transits and mine are solid, I've been out twice this year and both times the bindings stayed tight.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-13-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
my Minx did the same thing...loosened all the time, so annoying!
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-14-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
that's why i don't buy bindings with laces...way to much trouble
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-14-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
No problems with my Transits
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Tie,
I have an old pair of Hyperlite Spins with laces, the locks stay tight on them. If LF doesn't hook me up, I'll put the locks off the spins on the transits. I'll need two more, though.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
ok cool. I think it gets better as the laces get more worn in and a little less slick. I rode on Fri and Sat and they seem to be getting slightly better. I may take some snad paper to them just alittle to make them kinda rough. we'll see. I think Im heading to a hop to see if they have the locks.
Old    thejinn            04-17-2006, 4:14 AM Reply   
Hey Tie to the LuRR
Did sand papering the laces work?
I recent got the 05 Transits and the laces come loose every time i land, it's soo frustrating, because taking the next trick the laces will be loose and kills my confidence.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-17-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
c-
I havnt tried it yet. If I do it I'll post here how it went.
Old    thejinn            04-18-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
thanks, it's driving me up the wall. I'm thinking of using sport shoe lace locks above the LF locks. the sports shoe ones won't work by themselves but maybe if they two of them doubled up ...
anyone else have this problem and found a fix?

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-18-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
just to add a little rant- I also hate how damn long the laces come. there is like an extra foot of lace not needed. Even when I clip it up it still can get caught on my screws or even toes. lame imo.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-18-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
Ok, I have a solution for the long laces problem. I take the string and wrap it once around the boot and then clip it to itself....whalah! fixed.

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on April 18, 2006)